• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just excellent. In motion it's even better. I appreciate the heavier lean into the sort of dystopia setting.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the style in screens, but seeing it animated it comes to life very well.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. I was just looking this game up last night hoping there was an update on its status, lol

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Would have preferred the mega drive look with all the bells and whistles but if this plays well then I'm in.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Axel cancels his aerial hit in to another move here. Was this kind of cancel tech in SoR 1-3? If not, this could end up being more interesting with a variable combo system.
No in the ole games you're locked into an air move the moment ya commit. Juggling seems like a big factor here so encouraging more varied jump attacks is probably by design

Oct 31, 2017
I've shared this before, but this is a story about how I wondered for years if there would be a fourth since I erroneously thought the third attended on a cliffhanger:

I always played on the easiest difficulties as a kid because sometimes I'd lose all my lives even on the easiest difficulty. So I'd always get to this:

E2A41CBAB505C4791B4C2691E09973F7E149E74C

2AA9C5D4108E8D941EC6A96878E5D820E44C70C7

I didn't realize that the robot was mocking me for playing this on the easiest difficulty and trying to tell me to play on a harder one. So for the longest time, I thought, "Man, I wonder what's going to happen in the sequel since that wasn't really Mr. X."

It was only last year that I realized there were other endings and watched them.

GENESIS--Bare%20Knuckle%20III%20english%20translation_Jan9%2021_40_30.png

Moral of the story:

Git

Gud

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wanted extended gameplay but I'll take this as well. Looks great of course. Hope 2019 release is possible.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Axel cancels his aerial hit in to another move here. Was this kind of cancel tech in SoR 1-3? If not, this could end up being more interesting with a traditional fighter combo system.
I notice this too. He did a cross up with it as well. It caused an air juggle state. This opens up a ton of team combos.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
It looks amazing and i still hate it.
not every 90's videogame is meant to look like a fucking cartoon!!

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm not a big fan of the art style. The backgrounds particularly don't do it for me.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to it no matter what.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Those juggles, whew. Looks like you can cancel aerial attacks into one another, too.

Honestly a little happy to see them use this artstyle as opposed to something like Sonic Mania. Yeah, it would've been nice to see, but SoR Remake scratches that itch just as well, and that runs on even the shittiest toaster with little issue. I was a big fan of the Dragon Trap remake artstyle and it's nice to see it extended to other games. I think it works well here

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I've shared this before, but this is a story about how I wondered for years if there would be a fourth since I erroneously thought the third attended on a cliffhanger:

I always played on the easiest difficulties as a kid because sometimes I'd lose all my lives even on the easiest difficulty. So I'd always get to this:

E2A41CBAB505C4791B4C2691E09973F7E149E74C

2AA9C5D4108E8D941EC6A96878E5D820E44C70C7

I didn't realize that the robot was mocking me for playing this on the easiest difficulty and trying to tell me to play on a harder one. So for the longest time, I thought, "Man, I wonder what's going to happen in the sequel since that wasn't really Mr. X."

It was only last year that I realized there were other endings and watched them.

GENESIS--Bare%20Knuckle%20III%20english%20translation_Jan9%2021_40_30.png

Moral of the story:

Git

Gud
I also couldn't complete Normal mode back in the 90's, but I recommend that you try the recent Genesis Collection. It has the Japanese version of sor3, which is easier.
And the game has 4 different endings, BTW.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Juggles and cancels in Streets of Rage, this looks tasty. After DMC5, this is probably the game I want most in 2019.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Axel and Blaze aged but the other enemies seem the same. Does Mr. X just find new people to fill the "BigBen" and "R. Signal" templates for his gang?

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Also, so over the moon that LizardCube got to work on this!
Wonder Boy - The Dragon's Trap remake was my game of 2017 (^_____^)

Oct 27, 2017
The characters do look a bit too thick. Listen, I'm going to buy this and enjoy it. That's not the question. I definitely prefer the aesthetic of The Take Over. I guess what I'd really want from a SoR sequel is pixel art.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Lookit, background animation! Look, Blaze's Kikou-sho obviously isn't complete! (Her hair and belt stay in spot after the attack, as opposed to how well Axel's clothing and hair rest after Grand UPPA). More enemy variety and animation, our new "Snake Scarf" girl actually gets an in-game frame, and the backgrounds have a nice, solid detail to them with all the linework, that helps the more flat, colorful characters pop. And the bits of lighting look more like 2D highlights, rather than style-dimishing gradients that so many 2D studios are plugin-in to their games.

This looks "Floaty" in the same vein that something like Battle Circuit looks floaty. Part of the point is to get the enemies moving through the air for your control, rather than going for knockdowns. Axel doing 3 moves in the air looks NICE, I wonder if this means he'll be able to jump after an upper, for an "Aerial Rave"?

Lizardcube is impressing me with their balance of beautiful animation paired with work they actually seem able to finish. They seem to have good heads for the entire project they're working on, rather than just over-doing things at the get-go, and needing to reduce their ambition as time goes on. Golgoth Studios seemed really guilty of this. We've also seen a lot of that from LabZero and the devs of Battle Chef Brigade. I think a lot of people (and even the artist themselves) underestimate the complexity of High-Definition 2D. I hope they're able to maintain this quality all the way to the end.

This is a great reason why I'm not worried that we haven't seen more characters and such yet. This stuff takes time.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Axel cancels his aerial hit in to another move here. Was this kind of cancel tech in SoR 1-3? If not, this could end up being more interesting with a traditional fighter combo system.
I just commented that in the SOR4 Reveal trailer thread. It's seems that's new and it looks great. I like how they are tweaking the gameplay a bit, like those juggles between Axel and Blaze

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks wonderful. Hopefully they understand that Blaze was lacking something in 2 compared to Axel, Skate or Max. Also I still don't know if this game has running and side rolls like SOR3 or not.