• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Full credit to Toumari for the finding

Found a newly created studio that is making a PS5 game published by SIE (XDev). The leadership appears to come mainly from Supermassive Games. The Creative Director for example was previously a Game Director at Supermassive.

Studio is called Ballistic Moon based in Farnborough UK, and they mention they are creating a game in Unreal Engine 5 working with a "world leading publisher":

Screenshot_2022-08-15_at_5.00.21_pm.png

Screenshot_2022-08-15_at_4.57.42_pm.png

In job listings its described as "early stages" with the team only being around 35-40 at the moment however its described as a "major new project" and they do mention above they are relocating to a bigger office soon.

Game has a placeholder name of "Project Bates" and very recently began motion caption (this could just be early staged mo-cap for proof-of-concept though). One of the actors accidentally included SIE as the company involved giving away who the major publisher is. I blanked out the characters name to make it a little harder to find:

Screenshot_2022-08-15_at_4.49.52_pm.png

The motion caption director (Joshua Archer) previously worked on Until Dawn:
www.imdb.com

Joshua Archer | Visual Effects, Actor, Stunts

Known for: Snow White and the Huntsman, Godzilla, Ready Player One

Doesn't give much away what the game actually is, but I'm assuming it's a single-player narrative game similar to Until Dawn based on who is behind the game. That's a total guess though.

www.ballisticmoon.com

Ballistic Moon | Creators of adventures | An independent game studio

We are an independent game studio based in Farnborough, UK.

View: https://twitter.com/ballistic_moon/status/1557049079032594438?s=20&t=Q6EF6baYjuchXVZcyoPApA

Jul 2, 2021
"Former Supermassive" and "Project Bates". Yeah this sounds like it's going to be a new choice based game like Until Dawn from Sony. Finally. Can't wait to hear more.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Really enjoyed Until Dawn and to a lesser extent The Quarry. All for it.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
An interactive video game that uses UE5 and exclusive on PS5? This game is going to melt our faces visually!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Love these kinds of games, The Quarry and As Dusk Falls were great fun this year. Probably still a couple years out, but can't wait

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Because they don't want or are busy with other projects? Why do people always have this idea that "it's easy to just hire x developer" to make games? lol

I suppose. I have a feeling Supermassive would make some time in their schedule if Sony offered them a AAA budget to make something new, unless there's something else going on.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I really loved both Until Dawn and the Quarry as well as the Dark Picture games so this is exciting.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
I suppose. I have a feeling Supermassive would make some time in their schedule if Sony offered them a AAA budget to make something new, unless there's something else going on.

www.resetera.com

[RUMOUR] PSVR PAROLE: Killzone VR Was in Development at SuperMassive Games but then moved inhouse at Sony in 2019. Could Have Switched to PSVR2?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/rumour-killzone-vr-was-in-development-could-have-switched-to-psvr2

If the rumor is true, it might indicate that there are some problems between Sony and Supermassive.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Thanks Toumari and Angie! This is exciting.
Waiting to see when they make a formal announcement. I thought they like to do so early to attract developers.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they have a lot of stuff in the pipeline/collabs that we may not even know a thing about.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I wanna congratulate everyone on making it a full page without anyone typing "Silent Hill". That's growth.