• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
www.siliconera.com

New Suda51 Game May Be Announced at End of 2022

During the NetEase Connect 2022 livestream, Suda51 revealed that a new game announcement from his studio could appear at the end of the year.

A new Suda51 game could potentially be announced at the end of 2022 or early in 2023. This information appeared during the NetEase Connect 2022 livestream, in which he appeared to discuss his future plans. Outside of teasing a new project announcements, Goichi "Suda51" Suda also spoke about his hopes for other creations. [Thanks, Game Watch!]

The livestream also revealed an entirely new studio under Grasshopper Manufacture called Yabukiri Studio. While Suda51 discussed plans for future projects, a video of a new mural being created for Yabukiri Studio played in the background. The mural features iconography associated with Grasshopper Manufacture titles, such as the star seen in No More Heroes.

So one new game and now Grasshopper is two studios. The studio is also in a new location and they hired 30 more people. Seems like NetEase is putting the money down.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yessss. I hope it's actually Suda directed/codirected and TSA and NMH3 weren't the last of that
Destructoid posted a big translated interview a little while ago where he restated that he's not going to go back to an exec role and is sticking with being designer/director (and maybe producing a smaller title for their younger staff).

www.destructoid.com

Kill the past, present and future with Suda51

This English translation of Den Famitsu Gamer's interview with Suda51 shares a detailed account of his career so far, and what's next.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
This is fantastic news! I really hope he does something a little less actiony. Recently replayed The Silver Case and it was such an interesting gem, I'd love to see him work on something like that again (though I will take anything Suda makes).

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I ride for Suda every damn day, let's go.

Good to see NetEase is treating GHM right thus far. Can't wait to see what Suda has in store next, whether it's a new project altogether or one of the numerous remaster/remake projects he's been wanting to get off the ground, since we still have yet to see anything from the Flower, Sun & Rain remake or what their plans are for Shadows of the Damned.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Maybe the rumors of a Lollipop Chainsaw game getting redone? Or does WB(I think?) own that IP?

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited to hear what Suda's working on next, he and his team make some zany cool games.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Midori Midorikawa/Yuki Kazura high school paranormal horror action game please

Or, you know, whatever the fuck Suda wants because it's sure to be amazing

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hype. Seems the NetEase acquisition is really working out so far. New studio, new location, freedom to make the games they want to make.
During the livestream, Suda51 stated that he would like to "create projects focused and directed towards a younger audience."
🤔

Nov 3, 2017
I just hope it won't be exclusive to one console. Suda is one of those unique devs who should be available to everyone.