• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
It was briefly shown in the Nintendo Direct, but judging by the page's description. It's a new game.

Edit: It is a reimagining of the first game that is releasing first on Switch.

screenshot2019-06-11a36kbp.png

• New Super Lucky's Tale features all new levels, story, cinematics and character dialogue, tighter movement and player controls, a fully rotatable 3D camera, and sweet upgrades to nearly every other aspect of the game, including art and lighting, UI, sound, music, and more!

Last edited:

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews blasted to death the first one, but i thought it was a pretty decent game overall.

I'm happy they announced a sequel, 3d platformers are so rare nowadays.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I liked Super Luckys Tale and was ready to buy this when i thought it was just a port with the DLC included

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Reviews blasted to death the first one, but i thought it was a pretty decent game overall.

I'm happy they announced a sequel, 3d platformers are so rare nowadays.

I should really play it - the VR version was a lot of fun, if a too easy laid back experience. But I don't mind one of those once in a while and platformers are rare enough already.

I gather the VR version and regular release are not quite the same.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The base game was fun, if not a little simplistic. The underground puzzles were one of my favorite parts.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I should really play it - the VR version was a lot of fun, if a too easy laid back experience. But I don't mind one of those once in a while and platformers are rare enough already.

I gather the VR version and regular release are not quite the same.
Super Luckys Tale is basically a different game with the same level themes, like a New Super Mario Bros -> New Super Mario Bros Wii type of deal.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited for this because I wasn't going to buy an Oculus or Xbox just to play one game.

But man hurry up and finish Star Child!

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this now on Game Pass Pc. Second world, painfully boring so far. Don't think I'll keep at it for much longer..

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the original, other than the sluggish controls, seems like they're addressing that.

" tighter movement and player controls"

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
A lovely game, I really enjoyed my time with it. I can live with it being a timed exclusive, more Lucky for everyone!

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Okay, so it's a remake/reimagining of the first game but not the Xbox One sequel called Super Lucky's Tale.

Yet it's called New Super Lucky's Tale?

Okay then.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
They're just gonna remake this game every year for the rest of time. The Madden/FIFA of platformers.

Nov 23, 2017
Have they added local multiplayer? It looks like a 3D Mario clone for kids, but it's only single player, which is a no-go for games like this. I was so disappointed when I fired it up.
Er, what 3d Mario besides 3D world games are co op? How is no co op a problem in a 3d platformer? I literally cannot think of any where co op is included more than Cappy or collecting star bits.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Despite what reviews said, I thought the original looked cool but I couldn't play it. I'll prob play this

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is the weirdest IP.

A 3D platformer ... sequel to a VR game that was a launch title for Oculus Rift.

Lucky gets his name from Palmer Luckey.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow, new game. i didn't expect that, curious to see how it turns out, i love 3D platformers and would be into this if it ends up being good.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Super Lucky's Tale and frankly couldn't understand a lot of the dislike it got. Sure, it's not really difficult, but it's the definition of A Good Time and it's nice to see 3D platformers.

That said... I'm struggling to understand what this is meant to be. I'm not sure how interested old players would be in buying a reimagination with seemingly a handful of new levels among the old ones? Maybe it's aimed towards new players?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I hope this is the thing that makes this game good because the original game on Xbox One was an awful buggy mess of a game. It needed a complete overhaul.

Oct 27, 2017
This looks great. I love 3D platformers and the Treehouse footage completely sold me. Lucky seems to control really tightly, the camera is way better than many in the genre and the level design is cool.

Anyone know if this will be digital only or retail too?

Also, how much as the original on XBO

Lestat

Banned
Jun 11, 2019
The full camera control is enough to sell me on it. That was the most annoying part for me.