- Oct 30, 2017
Sorry I had to.
- Toadette is added as a new playable character.
- The Super Crown is added as a new power-up exclusively for Toadette (detailed above).
- When playing as Toadette, all Blocks containing 1-Up Mushrooms instead contain 3-Up Moons.
- Toadette has swimming properties like the Penguin Suit no matter what form she has.
- Toadette and Nabbit are less slippery than Mario, Luigi, and Toad. Even while running, they will stop sooner and are less likely to fall into pits. They are also resistant to slipping on ice.
- Both the New Super Mario Bros. U and the New Super Luigi U levels start with 100 additional seconds on the timer when playing as either Toadette or Nabbit and doubles when both of them are being played.
- Nabbit is now available as a playable character in New Super Mario Bros. U.
- Nabbit has new voice clips that are similar to Toads.
- Nabbit can now bounces off Yoshis instead of phashing through them.
- Nabbit can now carry objects.
- Player 1 is able to play as any of the playable characters, not just Mario in New Super Mario Bros, U/Luigi in New Super Luigi U.
- Spin Jump now shares the same button as jump while in mid-air.
- Boost Mode and its corresponding challenges have been entirely removed from the game.
- The game has a higher resolution, being displayed in native 1080p in TV mode, and 720p in Handheld and Tabletop modes.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is incompatible with Miiverse. However, the system has not been available for the original game since Miiverse shut down in 2017.
- Character selection icons now use their updated artwork. Toadette and Nabbit are also labeled as "Easy" and "Very Easy" respectively.
- The challenges menu has been redesigned.
- The UI has gotten many various changes throughout the game.
- Yellow Toad and Blue Toad have been merged into a single "Toad" character, who can swap colors by press L on the character selection screen.
- In the pause menu during levels, buttons on the controller can be remapped.
- On the pause screen, characters can be changed on the map screen.
- There is now a hint button on the menu, providing game play tips for new players.
- The game is now compatible with HD Rumble.
Nintendo Minute Gameplay