• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
_102892973_smash-direct-luigi-dies-ghost.jpg

Super Undead Bros.

When they said Mario would come back after Ridley killed him, this isn't what I was expecting...
Super Undead Bros is the game I didn't know I wanted until right this minute.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Even though there is no blood, it's still pretty edgy for Nintendo to make a costume like this.

Hopefully 3D World 2 not Odyssey 2.

Can I give you all of my spirit energy?

How about Odyssey's controls with 3d worlds level design?

Or the best option: Odyssey engine for a new 3D Mario game.
giphy.gif

odyssey was great but I want Galaxy 3 now. please nintendo
giphy.gif

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Please concentrate your effort on the sequal or other New Mario games lol.
It's nice they give continue support for the Odyssey... but things like skins can hardly pull people back to the game isn't it, if they intended to keep the game alive do a DLC level or whatnot.

I seriously doubt adding extra, tiny pieces of content that was already datamined MONTHS ago is really impacting the development of a new game.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
No, the Voxel one (made of 3d cubes) remains. (Based on the amiibo)
But it "looked" pretty buggy, having no animation, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it was scrapped.

We also have the Santa outfit left. In fact, the datamined image implies we're getting both the "8-bit" and Santa outfits together, most likely because the "8-bit" one is a joke costume with zero animation.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
We also have the Santa outfit left. In fact, the datamined image implies we're getting both the "8-bit" and Santa outfits together, most likely because the "8-bit" one is a joke costume with zero animation.
I forgot about the Santa one! Yeah, that one is probable to come with its own holiday.
However, seeing how the 8-bit one is routinely clipping out of the Odyssey window in cutscenes (►2:14), I again doubt it will even accompany the Santa one (at least in its current form). It's really not meeting expected basic Nintendo quality standards even for a one-off joke.
8bit-mario-clipping-out-of-odyssey.jpg