• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, this isn't Tales, it can't be Tales
It actually looks like they spent extra time and money on it!

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
A Tales game with a budget? Maybe there is hope. Now all they need to do is not fuck up the story.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
oh my god this looks gorgeous

Berseria feels like it came out forever ago but it seems like the wait will be worth it

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the last couple of Tales games have been derivative, repetitive clunkers just recycling the exact same structure over and over and over again. Something had to be done.

I just wish the answer wasn't "make the field maps even bigger". Woof.
Still looks pretty much "we want the western audience".

welp, good bye japanese gaming.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
People need to stop leaking things, what excitement does it bring them to spoil games from a conference we're less than 48 hours away for? Its mindboggling.

On topic, this looks really good. Designs look very different from the usual tales games.
Trailers are just ads, getting details before helps me with a slow day in work, lol.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they do please improve the world and dungeon design. Oh and change the awful itemization/crafting system from awful tier berseria/zestiria back to vesperia.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
The cel shading on the character here looks so good

1559944595775.png

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
First Tales game on Xbox? With a budget increase that this looks to have, I'm not surprised!

EDIT: Forgot about Vesperia

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Bigger budget but step down in terms of artstyle. It seems to look really bland, like out-of-the-box-UE4-assets bland.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What part of this look western btw? The character is cell shaded and we havent see his face which is probably anime

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly a huge graphical improvement if so. Almost hard to believe, as it is uncharacteristically better looking than previous games.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
who gave all their budget to tales? I need to know

this is an insanely huge jump up in graphical fidelity

like dq8 to dq11 levels huge but that's one of the biggest jrpg series in japan so it makes sense, tales though??

Tales games sell about a million now, and this is the first long-term, "high-end" project for the series since Zestiria.

This is probably the first one of the recent string of games really being budgeted to match (and likely continue to promote) the series' current worldwide sales growth.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Trailers are just ads, getting details before helps me with a slow day in work, lol.

Still disheartening, imagine seeing this fresh on stage? I truly dont understand these leakers. It's not like they're leaking sensitive information that can alter peoples lives, it's freaking video games and they cant hold it in to keep it to themselves for a few.

I'm usually okay about leaks regarding games that aren't announced for months, but when E3 is mere hours away, it starts to deflate the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.