• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The main character screams it. The style in general with a more realistic setting as well.
That and the fact it will be announced on the xbox e3 conference, if they didnt think it would appeal to the west they would save this for Tokyo Game Show or a something like that.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved Berseria. It looked like hot garbage.

138002451.jpeg

Tales_of_Berseria_2017-01-23_18-30-06.png

And a majority of the cutscenes looked like:

maxresdefault_thumb-6.jpg

That's a 2017 game. Again, It was in my top 10 for 2017, but it certainly didn't have any kind of budget. There are JRPGs on the early 360 that look better. Upressed FF X and XII look better.

29287.jpg

final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-screen-19-ps4-us-19may17

This is one of the very few times one can say "It looks like a PS2 game" AND BE RIGHT.

Eh I dunno about that and I think it looks a lot better in motion (how about those times they throw Bienfu around in the cutscenes top-tier animation 'twas truly) but I thought it was more broad a statement than just the graphics. They're not great definitely but the way people are talking I took it as being dismissive of more than just the graphics but maybe I just got the wrong idea.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Be careful who you call ugly in middle school.

This makes me excited. Finally a tales game that looks like it belongs in this gen.
Berseria looked pretty good, but not good enough.

Oct 27, 2017
Are people seriously implying the game looking more realistic and better looking is a negative thing?

Tales (atleast the ones I played or saw) have always looked so damn bad. The artstyle was always lacking and it looked budget as hell.

The biggest draw for me were the story and the characters so if those are there then this will be great. As I said earlier, characters as good as the cast of Berseria, better level design and world are my wishes and would fix everything I hated with the other games.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Gonna need to see the game in action, but that looks fucking great.

Endless

Oct 27, 2017
/Format

Tales of Arise - Challenge the Fate That Binds You

On the planet Dahna, reverence has always been given to Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. Stories handed down for generations became truth and masked reality for the people of Dahna.

For 300 years, Rena has ruled over Dahna, pillaging the planet of its resources and stripping people of their dignity and freedom.

Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future.

Featuring a new cast of characters, updated combat, and classic Tales of gameplay mechanics, experience the next chapter in the world-famous Tale of series, Tales of Arise.

Key Features

The Next Chapter - Experience the next chapter in the Tales of series, brought to life in stunning HD powered by Unreal Engine 4

Dynamic Action - Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay

A New Tale Awaits - Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay

Stunning Visuals - High quality animation created by ufotable

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
After Zestiria and Hearts R, I kind of decided to quit the series but this looks damn good. Looking forward to seeing more from this. Hopefully they can take gameplay and writing a few steps forward too. The Power of Friendship does not need to be in every game in a franchise.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Challenge the Fate That Binds You On the planet Dahna, reverence has always been given to Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. Stories handed down for generations became truth and masked reality for the people of Dahna. For 300 years, Rena has ruled over Dahna, pillaging the planet of its resources and stripping people of their dignity and freedom. Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future. Featuring a new cast of characters, updated combat, and classic Tales of gameplay mechanics, experience the next chapter in the world-famous Tale of series, Tales of Arise. The Next Chapter Experience the next chapter in the Tales of series, brought to life in stunning HD powered by Unreal Engine 4 Dynamic Action Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay A New Tale Awaits Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay Stunning Visuals High quality animation created by ufotable
Formatted the Text:
Challenge the Fate That Binds You
On the planet Dahna, reverence has always been given to Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. Stories handed down for generations became truth and masked reality for the people of Dahna. For 300 years, Rena has ruled over Dahna, pillaging the planet of its resources and stripping people of their dignity and freedom. Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future.

Featuring a new cast of characters, updated combat, and classic Tales of gameplay mechanics, experience the next chapter in the world-famous Tale of series, Tales of Arise.

The Next Chapter
Experience the next chapter in the Tales of series, brought to life in stunning HD powered by Unreal Engine 4

Dynamic Action
Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay

A New Tale Awaits
Dynamic Action RPG featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay

Stunning Visuals
High quality animation created by Ufotable

Are people seriously implying the game looking more realistic and better looking is a negative thing?

Tales (atleast the ones I played or saw) have always looked so damn bad. The artstyle was always lacking and it looked budget as hell.

The biggest draw for me were the story and the characters so if those are there then this will be great. As I said earlier, characters as good as the cast of Berseria, better level design and world are my wishes and would fix everything I hated with the other games.
I agree, this looks way better than the homogenized look that the series has had since Xillia.

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
There's more from Bandai Namco, but I'm not gonna let that stuff get out. While I knew of this, I was not the person who shared images in my server, nor was I the one who gave them the images. However, thankfully, nobody else has seemed to share the other games. They're hype worthy too, imo. Look forward to it! This will not be a bad e3 for namco by any means.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely an impressive graphical leap for the Tales Of series, though the graphical style itself doesn't look leaps or bounds over something like Dragon Quest XI. I know we have no footage yet but I'd wager this could run on Switch with some texture downgrades, foliage removal and lighting adjustments, I just don't expect that to happen anytime soon while they're instead focusing on making the target console versions the best they can be.

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
I'm just glad that they're at least trying something new visually. I feel like the series has been stagnating for the last couple of entries.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the problem is that it's generic, the problem is that it looks like Reshade: The Game. Waaaay too many post effects stacked, it looks awful. So much fucking bloom, a shitty looking cartoon shader...

It reminds me of that game from the guy who was inspired by FFXV.

It's not as much that it's generic, but more that it lacks personality. It looks like "fan recreates X franchise on Unreal Engine!".

BUT, that being said, other japanese studios positively surprised me with the final look of their UE4 games that had very similar issues early in development, so I'll keep an open mind.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me wish for another female protagonist with this kind of design. A more realistic looking art and a female protagonist that is wearing something practical and cool would be great.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, yes, YES!! :D What I have been waiting for so long. A new Tales with more time and a bigger budget behind it. This already looks very promising, and actually exactly what I hoped it would look like. I love the scenery and the domes and towers of the city in the distance.

1559944595775.png

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Wow that looks good.

Still need to play through Berseria now that i think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.