• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man these new tracks are doing nothing for me at all. They're just kinda forgettable on the first listen. Maybe this one will grow on me though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the song makes me realize we're living in what it must've felt like to listen to Pink Floyd for the first time.

OP
OP
PROh1bited

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely gonna be played on the radio a bunch.

Last single until the album release.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Is that the first Tame Impala music video with Kevin actually appearing and singing in it?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

dont bother, it sounds like a recording of a recording in a room.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The 14th is so close. I haven't been listening to the singles. I want to have as much of the album be fresh as possible.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
album is great but suffer from the same issue Currents does - it's just too long and has some unnecessary dull moments. Much more consistent than Currents though.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to it a couple of times already. To me this isKevin going deeper into his exploration of funk, disco, R&B, electronica and pop and further away from psych rock. Might be my favourite Tame Impala album yet.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
One More Year is hands down one of his best ever songs, I can't stop listening it, On Track is great as well.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
One More Year is hands down one of his best ever songs, I can't stop listening it, On Track is great as well.
I just finished my first back to back and these are my two stand outs too. One More Year is a sublime opener and On Track is such a jam. Can't wait to have this album spinning all week and diving in fully.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Better than Currents holistically but doesn't have the same highs. The lows aren't as low this time though. Not quiet at Innerspeaker's level

...and Lonerism is in a league of its own.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
No lie though I fucking cried my eyes out at Posthumous Forgiveness, especially once I fully understood the lyrics.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Started listening to Tame last year through a Frank Ocean playlist where he sampled a song. Definitely love his shit and will be blasting this tonight.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway in and this is a disco masterpiece.
This is goddamn groovy. By far their poppiest album yet not a bad thing though. It still carries a lot of the layers and their psych rock influence.

Just don't go in expecting early Tame. I agree with the poster saying if you didn't like currents you probably wouldn't like this.

May 17, 2018
this is my first Tame Impala album- I really fuck wit this album heavy.. half the album are highlights to me... is this similar to his previous work?

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
this is my first Tame Impala album- I really fuck wit this album heavy.. half the album are highlights to me... is this similar to his previous work?
If you dig this album check out the one before it, Currents. They are cousins if not siblings.

His two first albums aren't really like this but his second albim, Lonerism, is probably my favorite album of all time.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
It's good! Not his best work but super enjoyable. If you're on of the fans who dropped off when currents came out you probably wont enjoy it though.
That would be me. But I think this goes harder than Currents. I didn't mind it being catchy, I minded it being so... Soft. Like, why don't I just put on a yacht rock album? I think this album further cements my opinion that Currents is the weakest record.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Only the one directly before this one, Currents. It gets very "rock" once you get back to the 2012 album or earlier -- not as groove/beat-oriented, and far fewer electronic elements. Also, much more cheaply produced as they were before his major label deal. Of course that all means that I absolutely adore those early albums, but ymmv