• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Get a sneak peek at some ultra rare Luma Temtem

Learn about synergies and 2v2 battles
Find out how to build the best Temtem team through breeding
Catch a little tease at some end game content

The Endgame area will feature new Temtem every week with higher Luma(shiny) rates and better stat rolls.

Play Together Trailer

For anyone looking to try it. Keep in mind these are stress tests and meant to break their servers. It's not a demo or a trial.
Time for tomorrow's stress test:
11 am PST
2 pm EST
8 pm CET

Last edited:

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wonder if this game is going to do well -- It's Pokemon. It's blatantly just Pokemon, but without it being the real deal, who really cares?

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm looking forward to this. I want to see how their online structure hold out. It seems challenging and a core feature to them.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay is great, but I can't get past the art style. It's so derivative it hurts. It doesn't have an identity beyond "not Pokémon."

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think this game is honestly going to do really well, especially with a PC and multiplat release on PlayStation and Xbox. Co-op will also let it do well!

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
whats the endgame like for us that cant watch right now
They just mentioned a tidbit.
"The Endgame area will feature new Temtem every week with higher Luma(shiny) rates and better stat rolls."

I really wonder if this game is going to do well -- It's Pokemon. It's blatantly just Pokemon, but without it being the real deal, who really cares?
Has gotten pretty much universal praise from anyone who has played it and does some things different from pokemon. Also had 20k concurrent user peak last week during a 4 hour stress test you need a key to play. It will no doubt be a hit at launch. Where it goes from there remains to be seen.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Loving the new stuff in these trailers. Is early access coming with new content not in the previous alphas? I honestly haven't been keeping track of development.

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait till early access starts! Really excited to finally dump all my time in this with no more wipes being planned

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This looks so well made. The creators clearly love Pokemon and really get it.
Yeah and they don't hide it. They even put Pokemon on their description on Steam.

"Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure inspired by Pokemon. Seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your house, join a friend's adventure or explore the dynamic online world."

Unfortunately people calling the game a blatant copy and pointless seem rampant.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it's Pokemon, but actually good

So there's that

The People-Who-Don't-Like-Bad-Games crowd

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So hey is there a particular TemTem they're pushing as the "mascot" like Pikachu?

I've seen bits of designs here and there but I feel every monster series needs one monster they're pushing to get over you know?

I know everyone is hype on the platypus Pokemon but I think it's a bad look if it's most popular monster is one that was designed specifically to evoke the Pokemon look and didn't receive any changes.

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
So hey is there a particular TemTem they're pushing as the "mascot" like Pikachu?

I've seen bits of designs here and there but I feel every monster series needs one monster they're pushing to get over you know?

I know everyone is hype on the platypus Pokemon but I think it's a bad look if it's most popular monster is one that was designed specifically to evoke the Pokemon look and didn't receive any changes.
It seems to be Pigepic, a flying pig.
Pigepic.png

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
This is exciting. Closer it gets to launch the happier I get. The customization options are so fun too. God I wish more games offered such variety.

Cant wait to dive in on PC until we get the switch version.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

I'd push the Platypus tbh. It's the best looking one and I feel it can pull in the more casual Pokemon crowd with it's cuteness.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Pokemon => Temtem

trainer => tamer
pokedex => collection
gym leader => dojo master
party => squad
battle team => club
villainous team => evil clan
shiny => luma
nursery => breeding center
moves => techniques
types => traits
postgame => endgame

I look forward to the complete compendium of vocabulary substitutions.

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure I like shinies having better stats. PVP will be shinies only?
The lumas have better stats because when caught in the wild they will have 3 guaranteed perfect stats. If one of the stats is not rolled as one of the guaranteed ones, it will have a smaller range of 20-50 instead of 1-50. Except for the speed stat which will always have the 1-50 range if not rolled as one of the 3 guaranteed perfect ones.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah and they don't hide it. They even put Pokemon on their description on Steam.

"Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure inspired by Pokemon. Seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your house, join a friend's adventure or explore the dynamic online world."

Unfortunately people calling the game a blatant copy and pointless seem rampant.

It's not pointless but it is a blatant copy in a lot of respects. I don't think that's all necessarily a bad thing but you can't ignore the similarities and some of the things that are being copied are so silly but specific that it threatens to override any unique identity the game could have from a general non-hardcore perspective, even if it does make some strides in other areas (which I think it is doing, I really like the stamina system for instance)

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon => Temtem

trainer => tamer
pokedex => collection
gym leader => dojo master
party => squad
battle team => club
villainous team => evil clan
shiny => luma
nursery => breeding center
moves => techniques
types => traits
postgame => endgame

I look forward to the complete compendium of vocabulary substitutions.
Since you did this, I'm just gonna fix what's wrong here for people.
Pokedex=tempedia
types=types, traits in temtem would be equivalent to abilities in pokemon.
TBH i don't even know what a battle team is in pokemon b/c i can't think of a time I've heard the term, but in temtem a club is a clan or guild that you form with other players to eventually take over club specific dojos, or if you aren't interested in the pvp side, just use as a normal communication tool for friends like with other games.

Tyranlord

Oct 28, 2017
From what i know full release will also include a battle frontier like system, although i dont know any details on that personally

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I am still waiting for that one bit of news that really gets me interested in this.

But so far it hasn't come yet and I dont know what they could even do to get me into it.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's surprising how many people just drop a "man this is a blatant pokemon rip off, it sucks" drive-by post.

Personally, it looks like a lot of fun, and feels like a step up from recently pokemon games in terms of mechanics and encounter designs. Probably won't be able to get into the stress tests due to scheduling, but I'll definitely be picking this up when it releases based on everything I've seen so far on streams.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's surprising how many people just drop a "man this is a blatant pokemon rip off, it sucks" drive-by post.

Personally, it looks like a lot of fun, and feels like a step up from recently pokemon games in terms of mechanics and encounter designs. Probably won't be able to get into the stress tests due to scheduling, but I'll definitely be picking this up when it releases based on everything I've seen so far on streams.
It's their loss

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
CountAntonius btw does the stress test use the same keys as the last one? As in, if I had a key for the first one I'm good for the rest?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I heard people complaining before about the designs, but now actually seeing the game... what's wrong with them, exactly?

With how many samey, ugly, or boring-ass Pokemon there are, nothing here seems sooo out of place to make it a meaningful knock against this. Seems perfectly in-line with a game deliberately trying to be a Pokemon-but-not-Pokemon. Hell, nothing here even approaching the lows of the series.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I heard people complaining before about the designs, but now actually seeing the game... what's wrong with them, exactly?

With how many samey, ugly, or boring-ass Pokemon there are, nothing here seems sooo out of place to make it a meaningful knock against this. Seems perfectly in-line with a game deliberately trying to be a Pokemon-but-not-Pokemon. Hell, nothing here even approaching the lows of the series.
It really is a matter of opinion. I like the designs personally and look forward to have something cool looking chasing me around for everyone to see.