• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
People here talking about "drive by" posts when any criticism is mentioned is really offturning tbh.
Feels like some people hate pokemon so much, they latch on to this and shout down any criticism of temtem.
Makes me wonder how many will stick around for the full release once they find something else to validate their anger instead.
So you're saying the game is even doing a good job of copying the Pokemon fanbase.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I liked what i played in the stress test more than what i played in the alpha a while ago, but still have a number of issues with it that i dont think they will address.(mostly since they are changes made specifically to be different from pokemon)

People here talking about "drive by" posts when any criticism is mentioned is really offturning tbh.
Feels like some people hate pokemon so much, they latch on to this and shout down any criticism of temtem.
Makes me wonder how many will stick around for the full release once they find something else to validate their anger instead.
Criticisms have been shared on this very page without being shot down. When the criticism is about actual game issues nobody argues against it. But is this game on Era feels like it will be another Dark Souls 2 where absolutely any and every thread will be full of people coming in and being negative cause it's not pokemon. Yes it's fair to say the game closely resembles pokemon but it's been said hundreds of times and will continue to be said hundreds of time and it just get's annoying to read.

Oct 27, 2017

If you are viewing this game from the finished experience lens, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Come back once it leaves Early Access next year, and even in the current form, it is far far better than the average indie early access experience.

Building the core experience, even if it is a derivative/clone, is the most important part right now. The game can always expand with more areas, stories, events, characters, challenges or monsters.

And if done right, early access period can be a part of the community-driven design. Players, if supported by majority, will be able to shape the mechanics, content priorities and even creature design.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
So you're saying the game is even doing a good job of copying the Pokemon fanbase.
They take a lot directly from Pokemon, but i would have been fine if the Toxic parts of the Pokemon fanbase did transfer over too.
GF/Nintendo can easily handle some disgruntled fans, but a small indie studio could be seriously hurt if said toxic fanbase decides TemTem slighted them in some way and start harassing them like they did last year for Pokemon.

Criticisms have been shared on this very page without being shot down. When the criticism is about actual game issues nobody argues against it. But is this game on Era feels like it will be another Dark Souls 2 where absolutely any and every thread will be full of people coming in and being negative cause it's not pokemon. Yes it's fair to say the game closely resembles pokemon but it's been said hundreds of times and will continue to be said hundreds of time and it just get's annoying to read.
People are free to say what they want though, and when they so closely copy something its natural to make the comparison, being hostile to them will just turn them away from temtem.
For you it might be the "hundreds time" you read it, but for them its probably the first time they said it.

I would say the majority of TemTems audience is people who played pokemon at some point, so they would notice things they dont like that pokemon did right for them and voice them as such.

No, no plans for that atm.

If you are viewing this game from the finished experience lens, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Come back once it leaves Early Access next year, and even in the current form, it is far far better than the average indie early access experience.

Building the core experience, even if it is a derivative/clone, is the most important part right now. The game can always expand with more areas, stories, events, characters, challenges or monsters.
I know its (barely) in early access and what that means, i was backer #1309 back in 2018.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
People are free to say what they want though, and when they so closely copy something its natural to make the comparison, being hostile to them will just turn them away from temtem.
For you it might be the "hundreds time" you read it, but for them its probably the first time they said it.

I would say the majority of TemTems audience is people who played pokemon at some point, so they would notice things they dont like that pokemon did right for them and voice them as such.
Sure they are but those are the only criticisms I ever see people get defensive over. You had said " they latch on to this and shout down any criticism of temtem." That I disagree with.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Sure they are but those are the only criticisms I ever see people get defensive over. You had said " they latch on to this and shout down any criticism of temtem." That I disagree with.
+1 for liking the designs

Some are just desperate to hate the game
Dont know how else to call this.
Designs are the definition of something subjective, but apparently disliking them means being "desperate to hate the game".

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Dont know how else to call this.
Designs are the definition of something subjective, but apparently disliking them means being "desperate to hate the game".
I've said before it's gonna go both ways but for the most part criticisms of the game haven't been met with that kind of of reaction.

I really enjoyed my time with the game. Got to the second town and was running around talking to NPC's and doing sidequests. I like seeing everyone run around but I've always enjoyed hub towns. I'm in. Hopefully they get the friends search up quickly and the servers can handle launch.

This was a cool way to end the Stress test.

Portalbox

Oct 25, 2017
Competition is good. Maybe this will finally wake Game Freak up. Sword and Shield are good games but they could have used extra polish.