• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Palp_trustme.jpg

Playing Skywalkers Like Fiddles Since 32 BBY

Oct 26, 2017
Man really wish they didn't market Palpatine so much, would've worked so much better as a surprise instead of a last ditch effort to garner attention/hype

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So Palpatine was talking to Ben using Vader's voice? Pretending to be him? Was Vader talking to him ever explored in TFA/TLJ?

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Man really wish they didn't market Palpatine so much, would've worked so much better as a surprise instead of a last ditch effort to garner attention/hype
I think the intention is to put it out there to normalize the idea so that it feels like less of a cheap surprise if he returns in the film and more like an expected inevitability.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So Palpatine was actually Snoke and Vader voice all along? This is bringing back some Spider-Man Clone Saga resurrecting Norman Osborn vibes, where they're like "we've written ourselves into a mess of a corner and the only idea we have is to bring back this popular villain and say he was behind everything."

Not that I'm complaining too much since I can't wait for more of McDiarmid's cackling and scenery chewing.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I won't lie...that ancient Sith temple underground is the type of shit I've been wanting out of these Star Wars films. That's by far the coolest thing I've seen yet in this trilogy.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Palpatine was talking to Ben using Vader's voice? Pretending to be him? Was Vader talking to him ever explored in TFA/TLJ?

Never directly, he just had that Vader helmet that he talked to.

I really want anakin in this to be like hold the fuck on there Ben but I guess Palps lets the cat out the bag.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the comics imply/say that Palpatine had a huge role in creating Anakin?

It was implied first in Revenge of the Sith.

"Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life…"

Most have considered it to be an obvious hint that Palpatine had a hand in creating Anakin. We found out after that Lucas very nearly had him come out and say he created Anakin with the force, they decided against it though. Then there was the Legends book with Plagueis and Palpatine that just flat out said that they tried to mess with the force and the force messing back ended up creating Anakin or something.

Since the first TRoS trailer when we knew Palpatine was coming back people have been expecting this outcome, it seems likely that he is just going to come out and say it.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, lets pull a Naruto and have force ghost Anakin, Luke, Yoda, Qui gon, and Obi wan show up to assist in the final fight.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
What doesn't make sense (if Palpatine was in Ben's head since he was a boy):

Why didn't we ever see Anakin speak to Ben in the films?

Is this going to be another thing that the novels will fix? lol.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
What doesn't make sense (if Palpatine was in Ben's head since he was a boy):

Why didn't we ever see Anakin speak to Ben in the films?

Is this going to be another thing that the novels will fix? lol.

Anakin went back to the light. Maybe you can't see force ghosts of the light of you're so far down the dark path.