• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What doesn't make sense (if Palpatine was in Ben's head since he was a boy):

Why didn't we ever see Anakin speak to Ben in the films?

Is this going to be another thing that the novels will fix? lol.
I just rewatched The Force Awakens last night. Ben 100% has a one-sided conversation with Vader's helmet where he was asking for advice.

It might be a retcon, but it works cause they accidentally set up for it.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man really wish they didn't market Palpatine so much, would've worked so much better as a surprise instead of a last ditch effort to garner attention/hype

Honestly, if they'd kept Palpatine secret I would literally have zero hype for TROS. TLJ just left me with so little to care about or look forward to when it ended that for the first time I didn't care that I would have to wait years to see the next film.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Seeing this it seems silly that the devil incarnate in the Star Wars universe would ever be defeated by throwing him over a railing.

He seems like a cancer on the universe that they didn't quite cut out. To me that makes retreading concepts, the First Order, planet destroying space spheres, that much more justified. If you're going to kill evil in physical form make sure you have a photo of the body before you party.
I like this take.

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing this it seems silly that the devil incarnate in the Star Wars universe would ever be defeated by throwing him over a railing.

He seems like a cancer on the universe that they didn't quite cut out. To me that makes retreading concepts, the First Order, planet destroying space spheres, that much more justified. If you're going to kill evil in physical form make sure you have a photo of the body before you party.
That's how a view it too, just wish they committed to him earlier instead of randomly in the last film

Dec 31, 2017
HOLY SHIT.

Bro that sith theme...fuck yes.

Damn Palpatine portrayed int he style of the ST will be amazing. Book it.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

They forgot to double tap.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I think this is a callback to one of the least explored but very first Force Abilities we see in Star Wars: voice manipulation.

Obi Wan changes his screams and voice to imitate a Kryat Dragon on Tatooine.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I just rewatched The Force Awakens last night. Ben 100% has a one-sided conversation with Vader's helmet where he was asking for advice.

It might be a retcon, but it works cause they accidentally set up for it.

Yeah but honestly, why didn't they do this from the beginning? That scene in TFA would have been hype had it not been one-sided and would have made Palpatine's return in TROS feel more coherent.

Missed opportunities throughout this trilogy.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
i wish we could get some confirmation the production actually knows what palpatine's makeup is supposed to look like
cuz they sure as shit didn't do that in revenge of the sith with that poofy rubber halloween store mask shit they slapped on ian mcdiarmid

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but honestly, why didn't they do this from the beginning? That scene in TFA would have been hype had it not been one-sided and would have made Palpatine's return in TROS feel more coherent.

Missed opportunities throughout this trilogy.
Yeah, you're right. It's definitely a retcon that they only came up with for this film, but oh well, I'll take it.

I do think that this whole trilogy's rep will really sink or swim based on this last movie, which is really unfortunate.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatch ROTS and pay attention to the stories he tells Anakin

Yea I'm aware of that, but they left it a bit ambiguous. The comic literally shows Palpatine and Anakin's mother and seems to directly say it.

With the comics being part of the new canon, and far more recent, I just thought it would be a better indication if that actually happened or not.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Those crazy sons a bitches actually did it

Not going to lie, I'm kinda hyped for more Palps after being so baffled by TLJ. I want to see how crazy they are going. Baited like a fish.

OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I will say that yes, I'm in for the space fantasy part of Star Wars not for the gritty sci fi parts which is why I was interested in Rey, Ben, Luke and Snoke's plotline in TLJ but couldn't care less about Finn and Poe's filler adventures.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017

Krozur

Oct 27, 2017
So really this movie doesn't conclude the Skywalker Saga, it concludes the Palpatine Saga? :)

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
JJ: I'm bringing back Palpatine. Palpatine was Snoke.

3de2d088-43ba-4c25-ac75-9c369137e31c-getty-1191965781.jpg

Star Wars fans: You know JJ, just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber ...

Easily-Impressed-Jeff-Daniels-As-Harry-Dunne-In-Dumb-and-Dumber_408x408.jpg

79f17cc94e36820bce86192ba127df1d7f54c723ab60a33ca8884288c867c77a.jpg