• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
6h9jbcY.jpg

U3dq1aB.jpg

www.wetanz.com

LARA CROFT THE LOST VALLEY

Selling over 66 million copies worldwide, the critically-acclaimed Tomb Raider franchise is an action adventure video game phenomenon, starring one of game culture’s most iconic characters: Lara Croft. Wētā Workshop is stepping into Lara’s world, partneri

Really love this take on Lara Croft's classic look

The statue is of course huge and super expensive so it's something I'm happy to admire from afar.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Weta are amazing. Wish I was in to Lord of the Rings years ago when they released those figures...god my poor wallet just thinking about it

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That is a proper cross-fit Lara.

Also fantastic texture work to paint over (as well as the selection of paint) to mimic each of the material which constitutes the build.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Wow they actually gave her muscles. Crazy times we live in.

$1500 I need to lay down.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see their interpretation on her top as a ribbed fabric. Makes way more sense than the flat material (that almost made it look like goofy latex) she had for years when she first debuted. Defined muscular really fits her character as someone super athletic too.

I think this is a great interpretation of the old Lara, for sure.

The note from the sculptor about using Renaissance paintings as ref for the pose and composition make total sense too. I love the posing and how that probably factors into bearing the weight of the upper portion with Lara.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Its funny how even with the new series they have continued to market the old Lara design in merch and side games.

It's clear the new one didn't make a huge splash in the gaming world

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The muscles look amazing. Wish the shirt wasn't quite as painted on, though.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Me up until five minutes ago: "classic Lara is hyper sexualized and outdated and I'm glad they no longer use that design".

Me now: "This Lara needs a game ASAP".

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I really like how they combined both Lara's facial structures and it works. Great model.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If I download this image and also play as Lara in Fortnite, I can pretend like Square is celebrating Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary!

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool, but if nothing else it's made me want a statue of new Lara instead. Time to see if those exist.

OP
OP
Kinthey

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's cool, but if nothing else it's made me want a statue of new Lara instead. Time to see if those exist.
Weta actually made one as well a while ago but in comparison I don't think it can quite compete with the dynamic pose and raptors

RTAzCXt.jpg

www.wetanz.com

LARA CROFT QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE

Selling over 66 million copies worldwide, the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider franchise is an action adventure video game phenomenon, starring one of game culture’s most iconic characters: Lara Croft. Weta Workshop is stepping into Lara’s world, partneri

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. If I ever hit the lottery I am going to start buying expensive figures like this lol.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this via someone else linking it to me. Looks great, though, I have to wonder: how does polystone behave over time? Any chance for Lara herself to start sinking, deforming her leg, since that seems to be the only thing holding her in place?