• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brandywine

Oct 27, 2017
After DS, I'm skeptical of Camelot's ability to make a good Golden Sun. Is the original team still together?

Would love to see Isaac in Smash though. He's basically the last character in Nintendo's history that I hope to see in the game.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Trademark renewals are a legal exercise to protect IP. They are never anything to get excited about.

That being said, watch them announce Golden Sun 3 for 3DS and the ensuing meltdown...

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Trademark renewals are a legal exercise to protect IP. They are never anything to get excited about.

That being said, watch them announce Golden Sun 3 for 3DS and the ensuing meltdown...
PKNYohs.jpg

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I would probably riot if Golden Sun was a 3DS game lol. Really fond memories of the first one.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously renewals don't always mean a ton, however it's also fair to say that Nintendo has oodles of properties that they don't renew in this fashion, and thus they probably have at least some interest in doing something with these titles. It might just be for virtual console purposes, a character in Smash, etc. but none the less it's usually for something.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Sun deserves to be another series brought back into success by Switch.

I'd buy it enthusiastically, regardless of where it went, but ugh at the prospect of it going to 3DS so late in the system's life.

(Obviously, it might not go anywhere, and the series might stay dead, but... RPGs have been doing quite well on Switch.)

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously renewals don't always mean a ton, however it's also fair to say that Nintendo has oodles of properties that they don't renew in this fashion, and thus they probably have at least some interest in doing something with these titles. It might just be for virtual console purposes, a character in Smash, etc. but none the less it's usually for something.

Golden Sun and Wrecking Crew are on Virtual Console so there is that at least.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Nintendo employees have publicly discussed wanting to do another Wave Race, so there is actually some legitimate foundation to that rumor.

My guess is that these are for Smash Bros. Isaac and Chorus Kids.

I honestly hope Shinya Takahashi wasn't just shooting the shit when he said "maybe we'll see a new wave race!"