• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Update:
Steam page is live.

Explore the last remnants of civilization in this vast, unforgiving, and interconnected world. Learn what is left of its history. Discover pockets of civilization in the perpetually expanding Omnistructure. Lose yourself in a journey unlike any other.

Open World and Exploration
Explore the Omnistructure for the first time ever. Rich in atmosphere and rife with danger, be prepared to be immersed in a new world unlike any you've experienced before. Not every path is paved and catered to you, so be prepared to run, climb, leap, to ascend in Bleak Faith.

Hardcore Combat Experience
Combat is dangerous and will push you to your limits. Positioning, timing, and resource-management are all things you must keep in mind at all times. Expect to be challenged.

RPG Progression and Playstyle Versatility
Choose a class and progress into your perfect playstyle. But remember, not every choice is reversible, so decide wisely what direction you take your character in.

Epic Boss Fights
Be prepared for memorable boss fights with unique soundtracks. Bosses ramp the danger levels even higher and ensure a thrilling ride through the manifold sectors of the Omnistructure.

Funded on Kickstarter back in mid-2019 the game missed its 2019/2020 target for early access/full release but is still moving through development and is still planning a test release sometime before the full launch. With this trailer being for an upcoming Steam page we might get a more concrete date in the near future.

As for platforms the game is only confirmed for PC but the developers (just two of them) hoped for a console release on Xbox/PlayStation sometime after that (at least as described back in 2019).

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool except for the title. "Bleak Faith: Forsaken" sounds like two completely separate names mashed together.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that looks almost as good as Demon's Souls. Like what Demon's would look like running on last gen.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
That opening shot looks almost like what if someone threw a Dark Souls character into a Fumito Ueda/Team ICO game.

christ0phe

May 9, 2018
Personally I think this scenes in this trailer lack some serious visual polish. A lot of the particle effects are flat, the environments sparse, seemingly struggling frame rate, and noticeable visual flickers in the trees.

I know this is a small team, so this isn't my assessment on the quality of the game, just what I see in the trailer.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot of words to say Souls-like. Also having horror base imagery doesn't make your game survival-horror.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Not what I expected given the description. More horror-themed than survival horror. It appears to be a Soulslike with a focus on the creepy environment- and monster-design.

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
(Fwuup, fwuup) Looks really great for a game that is made by two people. (Apart from that attack sound, fwuup, fwuup).

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Maaaan. I feel like every Souls like that adheres too close to formula just ends up in a bucket of "not as good as regular Souls games". Othe ones that succeed are always one that pull bits and pieces but go off an do their own thing ala Fallen Order.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I am for sure interested but cautious.

Cause the setting is like really weird. In places it looks like it's medieval but then you see the UI and other stuff and realize it's actually also Sci-Fi:

I really hope it turns out good.

Oct 28, 2017
After enjoying a lot Mortal Shell, I welcome more "Souls-like" games. This game looks intriguing, and of course is a bit rough around the edges with a small team behind it, but overall could turn out good.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017

Cause the setting is like really weird. In places it looks like it's medieval but then you see the UI and other stuff and realize it's actually also Sci-Fi:

Yeah it's still work in progress, I hope they change it so the UI are less clean and sci-fi looking. I'm very curious about the climbing aspects.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Damn, that looks awesome. Feels like Blooodborne meets Shadow of the Collosus meets Nier.

It looks a bit rough in places, but I love the art direction and animation. Amazing looking bosses too.Hopefully they can pull this together.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

oooh, the setting looks really neat, Mixing medieval, modern and sci-fi together feels pretty surreal which works for a souls game.

Gameplay looks hella janky though

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
oooh, the setting looks really neat, Mixing medieval, modern and sci-fi together feels pretty surreal which works for a souls game.

Gameplay looks hella janky though

Oh yeah looks janky, but honestly I might be fine with some jank if they can nail most of the stuff they want to do.

Also this is the Story according to the Kickstarter Page:

Feel the burden of surviving in one of the last remaining outposts of the Forsaken, a legion of hunters condemned to protect the last vestige of humanity. The nature of your purpose however is shrouded in mystery, and as you delve deeper into the manifold halls of the Omnistructure, you will come to find the true meaning of alienation, isolation, and dread. A cross between cyberpunk, and dark fantasy - Bleak Faith will offer a story and experience that will be a breath of fresh air for all gamers looking for a something new. The world is full of lore, and every aspect of it is crafted with utmost passion and a dedication to art. As a baseline there is an estimated 30+ hours of content, a deep class system, and a procedural AI system that ensures that no playthrough is ever the same.

I'm guessing the "Omnistructure" is the big thing in the distance of the gameplay video.

Oct 28, 2017
There's inspiration and then there's straight up biting. This shit is b-roll Demon's souls. Convince me otherwise.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Love the sound, the design, and ambience, the music.

The gameplay looks extremely janky, though, which worries me a lot for this sort of title.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
like the aesthetic and world design, but the combat lacks any impact, it's very un-souls like. it's like cutting through butter.

Oct 28, 2017
Just like the game title, the game also appears to have random stuff thrown about. I see Souls, I see Witcher 3 weapon holstering, I see stealth, I see shadow of colossus, I see Mortal Shell, I see Half Life 2 walking robots, I see Zelda climbing, I see medieval ruins, I see power lines, I see Orienstien's spear attack, I see lots of random things jumbled into a single package.

The effort needs to be appreciated, but that doesn't mean that the game will turn out to be fun.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
This looks really neat, if not a little jank. I'll definitely keep my eye on it. I wonder if we'll get any sci-fi weapons.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I'm in for a good Souls/Bloodborne/SOTC copycat, hoping for the best.

For a PC game that camera is annoyingly zoomed in, reminds me of unmodded Dark Souls 3, I hope there's a FOV slider.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Two dudes, $32K from Kickstarter, quite big 3D world and high quality assets, promising procedural AI and 30 hours of content. Hmm seems like biting off more than they can chew. It does look impressive in the trailer, but not sure how the final release will fare.