• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

arcade-poster-4-with-aldis_orig.png

copy-of-launch-roster_orig.png

match-types_orig.png

retromania-wrestling-controls_orig.png

The official sequel to WrestleFest makes its way to the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam

• RetroMania Wrestling is the official sequel to WWF WrestleFest, the arcade hit from 1991.
  • 2-8 player local multiplayer (online TBD)
  • With the customization options, there are over 50 different match variations that you can have

• Several match types, including Battle Royals, Steel Cage Matches, Elimination Tag Team Matches, and much more

• Beautiful 2D pixel art animated sprites with over 700 frames of animation and animated backgrounds

• Story Mode plus the 10 Pounds of Gold mode, your traditional arcade style ladder climb to go after the NWA Championship!

• Multiple entrance attires for wrestlers, along with custom entrance theme
  • Plenty of surprises in the game that you won't know about until you play through it!

• More content (additional wrestlers and more) will be made available via DLC if the game has enough support

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good.

Some of the wrestler choices though....were the Steiners or any of the other 80s/90s guys not on wwe legend contracts too expensive?

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Actually looking like it's coming together quite well, despite the very strange roster (can't be helped I guess).

Looking forward to the NWA Powerrrrrrrrrrr arena as well as what looks like a Major Wrestling Figure Podcast set?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is this at all affiliated with the WWE (other than likenesses)? Because I'm not giving Vince McMahon a dime.

The only person in that roster I know to be affiliated with wwe is Johnny Retro, and he was in the game before he re-signed with wwe (so wwe likely can't get him removed from the game), so it doesn't look like there are any links.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
LoD neat. The rest? Eh. I need Jake The Snake, Ted DiBiase and Mr. Perfect.

Jake's affiliated with AEW and may not be able to do a game deal
Not sure anyone would want Dibiase in their game at the moment given the accusations he was involved in stealing millions in welfare money
I'd have thought Perfect would be possible though

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I saw that online was TBD. I really do hope that if they do add online that they make sure it's rollback.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This looks a million miles better than that disgusting iPhone remake/sequel they put out years back

Nov 23, 2017
How is it an OFFICIAL sequel to WrestleFest when that was a WWF title? Otherwise, I'm excited. Roster is random but with the gameplay looking fundamentally solid, I'm in. I'll just play as ZAAACKKK SABREEEE JUUUUNNIIOORRR all day long.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It looks cool but what I really want is the gameplay of Wrestlemania 2000 or WCW vs NWO.
And No Mercy. Basically Aki. What I wouldn't give for an online enabled Aki wrestler with updated graphics and their ridiculous customization.

The rumor is this is being done for an AEW game.

OperationSports

"Cody did say that they know what the fans want, they want to give them the specific type of game they want using the specific type of engine they want. While he didn't come right out and say it, Cody all but told us they are at least trying to develop the game using some form of the fan-favorite AKI engine. If you were old enough in the '90s and early 2000s you would surly know what the AKI engine is.

The AKI engine is what powered what some people consider to be the best wrestling game of all time, WWF No Mercy. The same engine was originally used for three WCW games: WCW vs. The World, WCW vs. nWo Wold Tour, and finally, WCW/nWo Revenge. After that, the WWF entered into a partnership with THQ/AKI after ending a 12-year deal with Acclaim. Wrestlemania 2000 was their first game using the AKI engine, and then finally it ended with the amazing WWF No Mercy."

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Man, that's a really poorly paced trailer!

FEATURING......Zack Ryder!....and....(ten minutes later)....Tommy Dreamer!....and.....

All while a really distracting song plays.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Used to play Wrestle Fest all the time at the arcade. Could always make it to the Road Warriors on one quarter. If it plays solid, I'm definitively getting it.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
This looks incredible! WrestleFest is one of my favorite games. I'd always look for it at the arcade.

Hope online is implemented and works well. I'm there on day one.

EDIT: Looks like they're aiming for an end of July/August release.It has been decades since a wrestling game has been one of my most anticipated. I can't wait.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
This has to be one of the most random rosters I've ever seen.

The inclusion of Colt makes me think there's some AEW involvement? I'm surprised ZSJ was able to get in due to his NJPW relationship, and subsequently their relationship with Fire Pro.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they remade WCW vs. NWO from the N64. But this is the funnest looking wresting game I've seen since.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
I like the Wrestlefest aesthetic but as an arcade title, I wonder if 2Ks WWE battleground is going to end up scratching that particular itch. It's too bad they weren't able to secure some more of the classic wrestler likenesses that aren't attached to WWE.