• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
why the fuck. goddamn waste. the OVA had great animation.

I think I only ended up somewhat liking Land of the Lustrous by them but that one had a very specific style that worked well with CGI.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Never could get into Trigun, but I can only imagine the disappointment of an awesome 90s anime being reintroduced like this. I could do more than imagine but I refuse to watch anything of that new Berserk show beyond the hilarious gifs

Fishious

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I'd be disappointed at it being CG, but Orange did great work with Land of the Lustrous and Beastars.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
land of the lustrous was an incredible adaptation that i guess i'll still be awaiting the continuation of. orange is a very talented studio with some of the smartest approach to cgi animation, especially in their general understanding of the current limits of the technique and willingness to integrate drawings where cgi can't replicate nuance. one of the most incredible sequences in beastars was a medium-defying oil painting sequence i could imagine few studios undertaking.

don't know why people are shitting on them tbh. as far as cgi studios in anime goes, it's hard to get better.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Orange are great so i'm interested in seeing what this turns out like.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Getting an anime by Orange is far from the worst thing that could happen to any property. I'm just salty they still won't make Land of the Lustrous season 2.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
I wonder if this will be a "brotherhood" type adaptation where they fully adapt the manga. FWIW, the original anime heavily split from the manga at some point and didn't cover the vast majority of it.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sad no Madhouse, also sadly this anime won't look great.

why the fuck. goddamn waste. the OVA had great animation.

I think I only ended up somewhat liking Land of the Lustrous by them but that one had a very specific style that worked well with CGI.

This isn't the Berserk studio guys, Orange has more than earned their chops with Beastars

I wonder if this will be a "brotherhood" type adaptation where they fully adapt the manga. FWIW, the original anime heavily split from the manga at some point and didn't cover the vast majority of it.

Oh GOD I can only HOPE

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
Eh the OG is kinda perfect imo with how it sets up a more whimsical shonen story focused on pacifism transforming into a seinen with a focus on the limits of pacifism.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
CG anime is usually a mark of death, but Orange is the best in the business at doing a CG show well. Who knows about the story, but I think this leak suggests the show will look at least ok.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Will this be a remake? A more direct adaptation of the manga? Tbh I vastly prefer the existing anime as things stand; the manga became borderline incomprehensible for me, though I persisted to the end. So there is a lot of room to make an improvement if they go that route.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Beastars had incredible animation.

Is this going to be a re-do of the original series that keeps the story in line with the manga or is it going to be an all new story with the existing cast?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think people have to worry about this looking as bad as other CG shows if it's Orange. Sure as hell won't be comparable to Berserk.

Hope they do adapt the full manga this time.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The original anime is one of my favorites of all time, but I am kind of curious to see the manga played out on screen.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Orange is a good CG studio but this was definitely not the direction I was expecting tbh

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I rolled my eyes at CG, but realized who Orange was. Land of the Lustrous and Beastars are legit gorgeous

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
It's been a million years, but I remember the original Trigun TV series being pretty bad animation (ok series adaptation otherwise), so while I hate CG animation, if this is a good CG animation studio and not like the one that did the recent Berserk TV series, then eh, could be an improvement.

Plus the manga was way better, so a real adaptation of the manga isn't a bad thing to have.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Orange are good. I usually ignore when its CG but this time it might be good

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Orange to make a good looking 3DCGI show
Land of the Lustrous had some fantastic scenes that look advantage of 3D camera movement
www.sakugabooru.com

artist unknown houseki no kuni animated cgi effects fighting sparks | #42332 | sakugabooru

animated artist_unknown cgi effects fighting houseki_no_kuni sparks
www.sakugabooru.com

artist unknown houseki no kuni 3d background animated cgi effects fighting sparks | #42391 | sakugabooru

3d_background animated artist_unknown cgi effects fighting houseki_no_kuni sparks

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like cg. hope it's good cg though. "anime" and "cgi" usually don't produce good results tho

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
For people instinctively complaining about CG, have you guys actually watched Land of the Lustrous or Beastars? Studio Orange actually knows how to do proper storyboarding and make the most out of it being in CG.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the original anime was so good, that idk how I feel about this. FMA Brotherhood was amazing, but I feel that's partly because FMA had a terrible ending when the manga didn't. I'll probably still watch apprehensively.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone disparaging Studio Orange just doesn't know what they're talking about. Beastars is a fucking masterclass of serialized CGI animation.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I'm guessing it'll be based on Magnum. I think that's what the manga was called. Is that good? I remember reading about it's ending several years ago and how much more uplifting it was than the anime.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see how they adapt this from a narrative standpoint. Trigun, DBZ and Sailor Moon are what got me into anime, so this announcement is kind of exciting.