• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
pxi958g4v2191.png

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here: Qt is now publicly available on the 1.7 development release channel!

Beyond that, Wx has also been completely compartmentalized away, meaning these builds contain no Wx code at all!

Of course, Wx builds will still continue to release alongside Qt builds, until the handful of remaining features are ported over and/or finalized.

Notable improvements over Wx include:

• a fresh and modern user interface with dark mode available
  • per-game settings
  • a new and simplified gamepad configuration panel with an auto-mapping feature
  • SDL for inputs, meaning native DualShock 4 and 5 support without a need for DS4Windows or Steam
  • a game list with two viewing modes: list and grid (latter showing configurable game covers)
  • an inbuilt auto-updater
You can download the latest build here: https://pcsx2.net/downloads/#nightly-anchor

Auto updates are enabled by default, keep in mind that UI is still a work in progress.

As of October 1st 2022 PCSX2 supports RetroAchievements, you can find the list of currently supported titles here: https://retroachievements.org/gameList.php?c=21

Pro-tip: To automatically download covers for the games in the library, click tools ⇾ Cover Downloader, then check "Use Serial Files Name" and put this URL in the text box: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LouiseSulyvahn/PCSX2_Cover_Downloader/main/covers/${serial}.jpg

Last edited:

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY. auto update is such a game changer, alongside per game configs

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Pcsx2 is honestly so good now. With software or native modes as a fail safe it's my go-to way of playing my ps2 library. Per game configs means I don't need to keep multiple versions for different games hopefully as well.

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
I wanna give this a shot.

I have my Valkyrie Profile 2 disc but I lost my PS2, so do I need a PS2 to rip this to my pc?

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
per game settings is so nice for PS2 emulation specifically I'm about to cry
and the UI is great, I love this Dolphin/Duckstation approach. definitely updating

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So wait, when it says per game settings does that mean we can just automatically apply a 'best settings' options per game, or is that just that it will save the best emulator settings we assign to each game?

Havnt used a ps2 emulator in a while so forgive my ignorance

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
So wait, when it says per game settings does that mean we can just automatically apply a 'best settings' options per game, or is that just that it will save the best emulator settings we assign to each game?

Havnt used a ps2 emulator in a while so forgive my ignorance
in general yes, but the auto patches made that a moot point. this would help a lot with inserting textures packs per game, control mappings, etc.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Koklusz

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
This was added a couple of months ago, actually. If you have "Manual Hardware Render Fixes" disabled, it will look for the game CRC code in the database and apply the best (at least according to the person who made an entry) settings by itself.

But yes, you can also create per game configs by yourself now.

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
If you mean ripping the disc, no. You can just use your pc to make the .iso like normal, or just run it from the disc itself. The emulator does require a PS2 bios file to run.
Thanks! These bios hosting sites are kinda sus though ngl. I'll have a lot of careful reading and treading ahead of me lol.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
FInally, we don't need to go to that automated build site.
I just checked the buildbot site and it says 4th of April for this 1.7.2770 release, it's drunk haha.

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
Nice update and UI, seems promising. Unfortunately, I got a few problems with it. I don't know about anyone else, I must say, but when I press the "Add Game DIrectory..." button, the UI (and the emulator) enters into an endless "Not Responding" loop until I kill it through Task Manager or Process Explorer. The same was happening in my PC with DuckStation some time ago.

So, adding games is a no go for me. Until there is a way to fix it, I'll just stick to the wxWidgets version for the time being.

Edit: Alright, i looked on the crash log files and it says this: "Exception 0xC0000005 at 0x00007FFAD4B22B26". An Access Violation error code. I must assume DuckStation has this same behavior.

Last edited:

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
I'm glad to hear about the native DualShock 4 support. The fact that it didn't have it always stopped me from playing my games in it as I didn't want to deal with the hassle to install and configuring another app just for that emulator.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks nice!

I still use Launchbox as a front-end, but it's cool to see all the recent progress with PCSX2. Stenzek is doing great work.

Clockblockers

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Is there a good way to automate the game covers?

If you mean download game covers; they haven't implemented that feature yet, but you can manually download covers and put them in the cover folder. As long as the cover file name and the rom name match the cover should show up fine.

FWIW one of the developers mentioned making covers auto download is a feature they want to implement in the future.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
If you mean download game covers; they haven't implemented that feature yet, but you can manually download covers and put them in the cover folder. As long as the cover file name and the rom name match the cover should show up fine.

FWIW one of the developers mentioned making covers auto download is a feature they want to implement in the future.
Oh that sounds awesome. I'll hold off on fiddling with covers then! :D

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Looks great, big improvement over the old one. UI is an area that often seems to get overlooked in Emulation, so this is a great step forward.