• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
According to an interview conducted on Irish Radio Station WLR FM today, around approximately 12 O'clock on Thursday October 7th Irish time, a new PlayStation title, which has been referred to as massive but unable to be named due to NDAs and the likes, will be revealed around the Christmas period which suggests either a return to PSX or a PlayStation presence at The Game Awards.

Transcript of the interview.

Just go back there to the PlayStation game... what's that on about? Tell us.

"Yeah, so that actually happened about a year and half---it was just after the pandemic hit. Michael McGlynn got in touch and just said, 'Listen, we're writing music for a remake of a PlayStation game'---and he's done that a lot, he's done a lot of writing for different games that are very well known. But I'm actually not a gamer myself. So anyway, he says, 'Look, it's an Irish language piece that they're looking for.' So really what I was involved with was the lyric writing in the Irish language, and his daughter sang on the track and his wife arranged part of the choral parts, and so did Michael. And he also worked with me on the language side of things, so it was almost like a family effort. For ages I wasn't allowed to really---you don't know what you're writing for, it's all kind of undisclosed because they don't want it to get out. So it's actually going to be announced at Christmas---the name of the game. I have heard of it now and I have confirmed it is a big game, which is great! It's going to be an Irish language piece in the game, which is brilliant."

Click 'The Lunchbox' program at the 12:00-13:00 timeslot and skip to 36:40 in.

www.wlrfm.com

We are WLR FM | WLRFM.com

WLR is Ireland's IMRO Local Station of the Year, delivering up-to-date news and sport, discussing current affairs, playing the best mix of music

Full credit for the finding for a user on r/GamingLeaksAndRumours

Artist in the interview is AVA

avaworldmusic

AvaWorldMusic is the website of AVA, the name under which Irish singer/songwriter Éabha McMahon presents her solo music, (the phonetical spelling of Éabha).

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I am… kinda stumped. This is very likely legitimate but I dont see many options for what this remake could be.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Also to mention that apparently she is not a gamer.
It was a total slip that probably never imagined that anyone would catch it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Folklore? Doesn't fit being a huge game but man I loved that back on PS3.

It's probable that whoever this is doesn't actually know anything beyond "we recorded some music in Irish". They may also be using "playstation game" in a general sense to mean "video game", rather than in the "Playstation Studios game" sense.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Also "PlaySaton game" doesnt necessarily mean its a Sony game. It could be just a game thats on PlayStation or has PS4/5 as lead development platform.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Maybe it's for God of War? Could mix some Celtic gods in there, yeah?

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Lol when this turns out to be trailer music the last of us remake

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playstation game could be being used in a general video game sense, rather than specifically Playstation. Like how old folks call everything a Nintendo.

Highly doubt it's the MGS connection some are jumping on, even if they were re-recording that one song, there's little reason they would be doing what sounds like a lot more irish songs. If it were just 1 song (and a cover at that) I can't imagine this person would be in the know of things like potential announcement dates. Sounds way more involved than just a single song.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
I was like "hell yeah, Koudelka remake" but then again it was in Wales not Ireland -.-

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Chrono Cross is ALL Celtic music... hmm.

endgame-avengers.gif

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I really doubt it has anything to do with Folklore but man that IP needs another chance.

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
It's extremely vague, but you know how Era gets with vague stuff like this. It must be evidence to support the rumor I've been carrying water for.

I mean, there's no way to know what it is for sure, but "a remake of a playstation game with Celtic vocals" actually seems quite specific to me. We could exclude many, many titles with that description.

Chrono Cross is ALL Celtic music... hmm.

I believe Xenogears has some Celtic music with vocals as well, Mitsuda had a real interest in it at the time. I'd love to see it, but I'm not sure either one is particularly likely to see a remake.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Better transcription below. Use this one, OP:

Just go back there to the PlayStation game... what's that on about? Tell us.

"Yeah, so that actually happened about a year and half---it was just after the pandemic hit. Michael McGlynn got in touch and just said, 'Listen, we're writing music for a remake of a PlayStation game'---and he's done that a lot, he's done a lot of writing for different games that are very well known. But I'm actually not a gamer myself. So anyway, he says, 'Look, it's an Irish language piece that they're looking for.' So really what I was involved with was the lyric writing in the Irish language, and his daughter sang on the track and his wife arranged part of the choral parts, and so did Michael. And he also worked with me on the language side of things, so it was almost like a family effort. For ages I wasn't allowed to really---you don't know what you're writing for, it's all kind of undisclosed because they don't want it to get out. So it's actually going to be announced at Christmas---the name of the game. I have heard of it now and I have confirmed it is a big game, which is great! It's going to be an Irish language piece in the game, which is brilliant."

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Also, if she's just using Playstation to refer to games in general, it could inexplicably end up being MonolithSoft's new game since Mitsuda works with an Irish choir called ANÚNA on projects... And McGylnn was the conductor for his work with that choir on Xenoblade 2:

8XpTmcR.png

Ofc, it could literally be Mitsuda and them on a Sony game or w/e too.