• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
http://portal.valkyria.jp/new/en/

OP should note this is planned for a worldwide release.

ESRB/PEGI symbols and a localized website mean that (a) it's almost certainly not a mobile game and (b) that it's being pushed as a worldwide release.

DOewlX5UMAADji4.jpg

Last edited:

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping my expectation very low since I'll most likely going to be dissapointed...

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Valkyria Chronicles (the real ones, not the action game spinoff) gameplay is largely menu-driven. So I don't see what would be so bad about a mobile game.

That's not to say I don't want a proper console game or even ports of 2/3. But just sayin' you could totally make it work on mobile.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I expect nothing but shit, so worst case scenario I just get what I expect and best case I'm pleasantly surprised.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So help me god if this is a mobile game....

I won't get my hopes up...

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles (the real ones, not the action game spinoff) gameplay is largely menu-driven. So I don't see what would be so bad about a mobile game.

That's not to say I don't want a proper console game or even ports of 2/3. But just sayin' you could totally make it work on mobile.

Let's be real, a mobile game would end up being some gatcha shit. But the mobile versions of games like Final Fantasy Tactics and XCOM certainly prove it's possible. Just unlikely coming from SEGA.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Guys. This is Sega we are talking about.

This will be a mobile game.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
People in here worried about mobile but the last game was a) not mobile, b) a disaster.

Let's hope it's actually something similar to the series's original vision, mobile or not.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Please be a LEGITIMATE sequel to VC.

Though knowing my luck with this franchise, it'll be a moba with lootboxes.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Valkyria Revolution 2
Valkyria Chronicles mobile gatcha
Valkyria pachinko
Choose wisely

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
English HD remaster of Valkyria Chronicles 3?
Announced on a Japanese website? Don't count on it.

There's a healthy chance this is a new mobile project. I highly doubt that we're about to see an announcement for Valkyria Chronicles 4 (though I wish that were the case) or Revolution 2.

Besides, if they're going to remaster another game, I imagine that Valkyria Chronicles 2 would be first in line before 3.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
After Azure Revolution, I have literally ZERO confidence any new Valkyria games by SEGA. I would have more confidence in one put out by Bioware Montreal, a defunct studio, because they could at least make competent shooting gameplay.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm surprised Revolution didn't kill the series. Guess they realized it was their own fuckup.

The original game is the one people keep coming back to Sega. No need to experiment, just iterate.

Status
Not open for further replies.