• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigamox

Nov 13, 2017
Well the Valkyrur used magic I know, but I don't know if it was ever specified what the Darcsens used in that era.

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not convinced the figure on the left is female. Looks to me that it could be a Bishonen type character.

Aki-at

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the character siluottes are reassuring but I'm not sure about the kid and dancer? I don't know but she/he sticks out.

In anycase, pretty hyped to see what this project is going to turn out like on Monday, I gave Valkyria Revolution a fair chance until I got to try it and it'll be the same here regardless of what the game looks like.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
In anycase, pretty hyped to see what this project is going to turn out like on Monday, I gave Valkyria Revolution a fair chance until I got to try it and it'll be the same here regardless of what the game looks like.
Actually, it depends on what timezone you're in. If you're in the US East Coast, it'll be 10:00PM Sunday, judging by when people have been posting updates from the site.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, it depends on what timezone you're in. If you're in the US East Coast, it'll be 10:00PM Sunday, judging by when people have been posting updates from the site.

For those on the west coast - i.e PST - this means 7PM on the 19th.

(That is, assuming they reveal more stuff over the weekend and don't count them as off days.)

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I Think It Will not be a switch exclusive there's 2 PS4 games of the series there, and none in any Nintendo console, there's already a base of fans on PlayStation, it doesnt make Sense to ignore It, unless there's a Deal involved

My bet is multiplat.

Probably this. Gonna be PS4/X1/PC. I don't know why people think every single game is coming to Switch. Or just PS4/PC considering the main Valkyria games are only on PlayStation platforms.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I will be surprised if Switch is one of the platforms. Totally expecting PS4/pc maybe even Xbox.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
...what do you have against the game being released on Switch ?

...so series that were on PSP/PSV cant hit Switch because of... ? lol

Because I'm using logic. If a series is a PlayStation eccentric franchise then it's going to stay on that platform. Valkyria has only ever been on PlayStation with only revolution being on PS4/X1/PC. Considering this looks like a mainline title, it's going to either be PS4 only, PS4/PC, PS4/X1/PC. It's not going to be on Switch. And if it somehow is, then it's going to be on everything else. PS4/X1/PC/Switch.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I will be surprised if Switch is one of the platforms. Totally expecting PS4/pc maybe even Xbox.

This is my thinking as well. But it also depends on when it began development. You see stuff like Caligula Overdose and Code Vein, 2018 stuff and they have no Switch version despite being Unreal Engine games.

So I'm not convinced this will be on Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Because I'm using logic. If a series is a PlayStation eccentric franchise then it's going to stay on that platform. Valkyria has only ever been on PlayStation with only revolution being on PS4/X1/PC. Considering this looks like a mainline title, it's going to either be PS4 only, PS4/PC, PS4/X1/PC. It's not going to be on Switch.

This doesn't even make sense. I'm not saying it's going to be on Switch or anything. But your post makes no sense.

Remember when Valkyria was a Playstation only franchise? Then it came to PC? Then the next one came to Xbox?

Like, where would you get the idea that it can't be on Switch? Your conclusion makes zero sense.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
This doesn't even make sense. I'm not saying it's going to be on Switch or anything. But your post makes no sense.

Maybe you misunderstood. Certain franchises have fanbases that are tied to PlayStation. Those games have stayed on PlayStation for that reason. One example being the mainline Persona games or the Trails games, etc.

Point is: Makes no sense to put it on something when it's only ever been on PlayStation with the exception of a spinoff that flopped horribly.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe you misunderstood. Certain franchises have fanbases that are tied to PlayStation. Those games have stayed on PlayStation for that reason. One example being the mainline Persona games or the Trails games, etc.

Point is: Makes no sense to put it on something when it's only ever been on PlayStation with the exception of a spinoff. It's either PS4/PC, PS4, PS4/X1/PC, or PS4/X1/PC/Switch.

The series has literally added a new platform with every release except VC3. Twice has it jumped to non-Playstation systems.

VC1 - PS3
VC2 - PSP
VC3 - PSP
VC Remaster - PC > PS4
Revolution - XB1

I wasn't expecting a Switch version either but this line of thinking doesn't pan out.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think anyone expects a Switch exclusive release, just dont quite understand why you are so against a potential Switch release when we know nothing about the game as of now. There will be a bunch of S-RPG and Tactical RPGs on Switch down the line - the game being multi including Switch wouldnt be a surprise at this point.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
The series has literally added a new platform with every release except VC3. Twice has it jumped away from Playstation.

VC1 - PS3
VC2 - PSP
VC3 - PSP
VC Remaster - PC > PS4
Revolution - XB1

I wasn't expecting a Switch version either but this line of thinking doesn't pan out.

PC isn't a console. Hence "Console Exclusive" And all the Valkyria games outside of Revolution are only on PlayStation in terms of home systems. I standby what I said. The only exception being the spinoff is on everything, including X1. So that's why I said it's either PS4, PS4/PC, PS4/X1/PC. And if it is on Switch then it's going to be on everything else. So PS4/X1/PC/Switch.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I dont think anyone expects a Switch exclusive release, just dont quite understand why you are so against a potential Switch release when we know nothing about the game as of now. There will be a bunch of S-RPG and Tactical RPGs on Switch down the line - the game being multi including Switch wouldnt be a surprise at this point.

It's all good. I'm not against anything. I have a Switch. I'm just using my line of thinking and to me it doesn't make sense whatsoever. That's all.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The series has literally added a new platform with every release except VC3. Twice has it jumped away from Playstation.

VC1 - PS3
VC2 - PSP
VC3 - PSP
VC Remaster - PC > PS4
Revolution - XB1

This is my thinking as well.

Assuming they're aiming for a global audience - which they obviously are - the best platforms to target for that right now to maximize value are Switch/PS4/PC. If they want to go for broke they could make it a true multiplat, but I'm not sure how much of a market there is for a niche JSRPG on XB1.

Not to mention, the Switch is selling out and unlike the Vita, it has incredible market share abroad, rather than just in Japan. (It's also more powerful, leading for less cutbacks/simplifications in the handheld version)

Oct 27, 2017

Point is: Makes no sense to put it on something when it's only ever been on PlayStation with the exception of a spinoff. It's either PS4/PC, PS4, PS4/X1/PC, or PS4/X1/PC/Switch.

So how do you know this isn't a spinoff or mainline?

Also, mainline Valkyria (and Trails) have been on PC for quite a while. They aren't Playstation centric anymore, especially given how well they did on PC (well, the initial Trails game did well on PC, and Valkyria 1 sold gangbusters). And a lot of franchises have been tied to Playstation/Nintendo/Microsoft and migrated to other consoles or multiplatforms.

Most businesses try and expand fanbases, especially when there's a system as hot as the Switch right now. Again, I'm not saying it's coming to Switch, but to say it's not coming to Switch because "Playstation centric fanbase" is really illogical.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017

Point is: Makes no sense to put it on something when it's only ever been on PlayStation with the exception of a spinoff that flopped horribly.
On the other hand, VC1 had an Xbox 360 version that was cancelled because SEGA Japan didn't realize the console was more popular outside Japan than in Japan, so Valkyria Chronicles is only associated with Playstation because SEGA bungled hard and kept doubling down on that.

So basically the only thing holding a new Valkyria Chronicles game back from being on any platform is A) development resources and B) SEGA being idiots. Therefore, literally any combination of platforms is possible.

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
On the other hand, VC1 had an Xbox 360 version that was cancelled because SEGA Japan didn't realize the console was more popular outside Japan than in Japan, so Valkyria Chronicles is only associated with Playstation because SEGA bungled hard and kept doubling down on that.

So basically the only thing holding a new Valkyria Chronicles game back from being on any platform is A) development resources and B) SEGA being idiots. Therefore, literally any combination of platforms is possible.

Hey, you side with whatever you think is up. I'm still standing by what I said because it makes sense on my end, but we'll find out in a few days anyway. I just hope whatever it is, it isn't an abomination like revolution was.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's all good. I'm not against anything. I have a Switch. I'm just using my line of thinking and to me it doesn't make sense whatsoever. That's all.

PS4 is a given, sure...but everything else wouldnt be surprising either. PS4/PC, PS4/PC/Xbox, PS4/Switch/PC, PS4/PC/Switch/Xbox etc.

Switch is less likely than the other systems because the game might have been in developed for a while already targeting higher specs. But if it happens none of us would be really surprised.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

200% this - if they haven't realized through the PC release of Valkyria Chronicles that there's a much bigger market in the west for VC1-styled games on other consoles than PlayStation, it's their mistake.

PS4 is a given, sure...

I love how we went from:

Please not a Gacha Game, Please not a Mobage...

To that.

Fingers crossed.

Oct 27, 2017
B) is quite likely considering how stupid SEGA is.

Yeah, they have been really fucking stupid in recent years. When Valkyria Chronicles 1 came to PC and sold amazingly well, you'd think they would have stepped up their PC porting by a billion. But it took several years to get Bayonetta 1 and Vanquish, and that's it. Oh and a port of a Sonic game that no one liked. And they never even tried to expand the Valkyria fanbase on PC either, which was even dumber.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
as far as Switch goes, I think it will depend on how early they started the development. It could have started early, before they were really considering Switch and that could leave it out for launch. They could always do a late port to Switch post launch I guess.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main factor is the new Engine the "gouache drawing Engine" , they Released this Engine for:
" Xone, PS4, psvita"

Only change vita for switch.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
But it took several years to get Bayonetta 1 and Vanquish, and that's it.
I wonder if some renegotiation of contracts was involved, and how much of that was improving the engine's PC options.
And they never even tried to expand the Valkyria fanbase on PC either, which was even dumber.
To be fair, the two other Chronicles games would've required a ton of money to port to PC without looking like garbage, since they were PSP games (and one wasn't even localized), and Azure Revolution didn't get a PC port for no apparent reason, but that was probably a good thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if some renegotiation of contracts was involved, and how much of that was improving the engine's PC options.

To be fair, the two other Chronicles games would've required a ton of money to port to PC without looking like garbage, since they were PSP games (and one wasn't even localized), and Azure Revolution didn't get a PC port for no apparent reason, but that was probably a good thing.

I doubt PC gamers would care that much if they just released a straight up port of VC1 and 2 with no enhancements. Hell, they just gobbled up Ys Seven, which is a straight up port of a PSP game that is ugly as shit and has no enhancements, hahaha.

As long as they were fairly priced, ran fine and had the usual higher res/AA/whatever options, I doubt many people would have cared.

OP
OP
Nightengale

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
If you want to rebuild the VC brand, the last thing you'd do is release the 2 PSP games untouched for PC or consoles.

The small minority who buys it wouldn't care, but doing something like this will effectively make the many people who bought VC1 on Steam don't care for the brand anymore, if the next 2 releases are PSP games with minimal efforts.

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
My money is on another Nier situation where only Ps4 is ever mentioned eventhough it will get ported elsewhere.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So.... It's suppose to happen today right?

EDIT: Ah shit, it's passed midnight already. I mean tomorrow. ^^;

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, we navy/flying now?
JO92FVP.png

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, now I'm really wondering what the hell is going on with those last two that got added on the right instead of one on each side. That and their absurdly thin Studio CLAMP proportions.

And with that, looks like we've got our first melee weapon visible in the form of a baton?

Status
Not open for further replies.