• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not sure what's the point of such narrative. I mean, you can sell whatever you want but doesn't mean your product offer the better quality. Why a customer should care about your sales? Not seems elegant.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Actually I don't know about the Nes, I would like to see some more concrete numbers since Europe was Sega-land at that time with the Master System and later the Mega Drive, Japan was more Nintendo of course but apparently according to wikipedia the Pc Engine outsold the Famicom in 87 when it launched.
Globally NES was killing PCE, SMS and even MD/Genesis. From 87-90 it was doing around 7-11m annually while the others weren't even doing half that. It barely beat out SNES for 91.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
PS4 has an incredible lineup in 2018. But they need a price drop. The official price of the PS4 is still $299. Way too much for a over 4 year old console
They should drop it when GOW comes out. 300$ with God of War as a bundle.

It's kinda pathetic that they only dropped the price by 100$ through all this time and unlike the PS3, the architecture this time allowed them to lower the price at a faster rate. But it's selling like crazy still.

samwyse

Oct 28, 2017
Don't be too proud of this technological terror they've constructed. Sony will go full evil the first chance they get.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes pr spins only always arise from factual statements,

Yeah, but I really, really don't see the controversy in that statement like you clearly do. It was factual, fair and the mods here didn't have a problem with it so yeah it's cool.

But we are definitely getting off topic and close to console war nonsense I feel so I'll stop talking to you if that's your angle.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fine. Not amazing.

Certainly not bad.

the op you responded to said ps4 does well everywhere compared to xbox or switch. im not saying its selling poorly there but its not doing great either. Not to mention markets like asia and middle east from where we get little to no info
Yeah, but I really, really don't see the controversy in that statement like you clearly do. It was factual, fair and the mods here didn't have a problem with it so yeah it's cool.

But we are definitely getting off topic and close to console war nonsense I feel so I'll stop talking to you if that's your angle.

I didnt make a single comment in that thread or regarding it. I dont give a shit how they frame it ,they earned their success they can brag about it, its marketing and its fine when any of the 3 do it.
I only brought it up to highlight the double standards.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Globally NES was killing PCE, SMS and even MD/Genesis. From 87-90 it was doing around 7-11m annually while the others weren't even doing half that. It barely beat out SNES for 91.
That's what I imagined but I couldn't find the numbers, it's amazing that even with not being the most well know in Europe the Nes was still a huge monster in numbers ww.

What a great machine that managed to have everything going for it in terms of games for that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.