• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Uh congrats I guess? Yaay?
"(but with all of the hype for the competitor boxes some people seem to have forgotten)."
"But" with all the hype?? With the Switch selling like crazy and Xbox One X getting praise for its technical capabilities, the people have forgotton how the almighty PlayStation 4 is the bestest ever so you wanted to remind them amirite

Fuckin' a
Never change etta

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Which part of being the best selling console is tasteless?
i feel stating the obvious is not really a classy move imo .thats why i find it abit tasteless. but that just my opinion . i also understand maybe its an important information for new potential ps4 owners due to online activity .

Last edited:

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
It is the only console that actually has games tbh.
I haven't play the PS4/Switch at all since Nov for Mario.
Just been on the PC and playing They are Billions and some HOTS.

Good thing MH World is out in 2 days...that should hold me off for VC4 and GoW.
But yeah, 2018 onward will still be PS4.

Oct 31, 2017
With fierce competition like the WiiU and the (in the first year)Kinect-driven XBONE, it's amazing Sony has held the throne this long! :P

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Like having the most powerful console was supposed to be the most important argument, these things matter as long as they don't apply anymore, in regards to pushing the narrative.

Has anyone seen this?, i mean it was common sense really... (but with all of the hype for the competitor boxes some people seem to have forgotten). I'm truly happy for Sony, they did (most) everything right and they get rewarded as a result.

Oh something else is getting attention as well, I won't tell you what this behaviour reminds me of.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, PS4 is a beast.

This year we will finally see PS4 Slim coming down to $250 and Pro going to $350. Demand is still high, and much more will get sold when price finally hits $199 [in 2019].

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
being 'truly happy' for a corporation that has the goal to make money off you is really bizarre to me

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
"(but with all of the hype for the competitor boxes some people seem to have forgotten)."
"But" with all the hype?? With the Switch selling like crazy and Xbox One X getting praise for its technical capabilities, the people have forgotton how the almighty PlayStation 4 is the bestest ever so you wanted to remind them amirite

Fuckin' a

tbf if it applied to Xbox or the Switch we'd have similar threads easily.
Your salt is unwarranted.

being 'truly happy' for a corporation that has the goal to make money off you is really bizarre to me

I agree it is a little weird.
But at the same time if your console maker of choice has delivered in spades in your personal opinion, I don't think it's the worst thing ever to be glad they have been successful.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

That's this entire board for Switch in every thread. Expect more threads like these when from all fan bases when posters see one group do it constantly with out reproach when its been allowed to get so fan centric and one sided on the forum.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Changed the title of the thread. Let's cool it with the fanboy nonsense please.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the console with the most consecutive yearly sales domination? PS2 surely with 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
PS4 has 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, it could get 2018 as well.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
Sony have been using this on their advertising here for years, they've just added another year to it.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Having a best selling product is always worth advertising or mentioning.

Not sure why so many in this thread seem to have an issue with it.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017

Well yeah.
If they aren't making money, what the hell are you going to be using your disposable income on then when they stop making product for you?
You should be happy because now you know that in the future there will be a corporation still making product for you and your interest.

For example, I am happy for my favorite strippers when they are making money that week because I know they will be coming back to the club next week.
It costs them money to dance there so it is risky to put down that down payment, but the consumers pay them enough for them to come back.

Just like how R&D is risky for the corporation. They are taking that risk so their target audience can be entertained.
So yeah...common sense.
You should be happy because you are their target audience and they are making stuff for you so that you can be happy and enjoy their product. Everyone is happy...so why are you so cynical?

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all surprising. They're head and shoulders above their competition when it comes to software. At the end of the day, that's really all that matters.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I wish Sony actually kept the "for the players" philosophy though. They pretty much abandoned it when they became the market leader. Gone are the good days where Sony would mock Microsoft for being anti-consumer and actually deliver on being a consumer friendly company themselves. Now they've become the exact same thing as their competitor. I think I would be more happy for their success if they did more for the consumers. For now, I'm hoping for more competition from the other two. Hopefully that will lead to better business practices down the line.

Oh they are definitely bashing anti-consumer things like microtransactions and GAAS games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTz73bT-VRg

For me this is by far the most important thing that Sony (and Nintendo) is doing for the player and MS is heading in the exact opposite direction.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Lame... i am really not fond of these Worlds greatest, strongest or best consoles marketing talk.. same with this system is a beast or a monster stuff. Sony and MS coming of childish like that.. but i guess its good for marketing..

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like they're going to have a tough time adding 2018 to that. Congrats for beating the Xbox One and Wii U though.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Congrats to them. Hopefully the innovations that Microsoft and Nintendo brought to the table in 2017 drive Sony too.

Having a best selling product is always worth advertising or mentioning.

Not sure why so many in this thread seem to have an issue with it.
The two or three people who seem to have a problem with this thread have taken issue with the fanboying from the OP, not the information itself.

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats to them, the early years of PS4 were rough, but they were even rougher for the competition. They 'deserved' it the last few years though.

Of course nobody forgot about this though.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i cant find a single a thread praising sony or their first party games that doesnt turn into a complete shitpile with passive aggressive switch comparisons and they say this forum has too many sony fanboys.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
2018 winner is not clear yet.

Switch is on the roll, but it's still expensive and its software lineup is still undefined.

On the other hand, PS4 already has great software lineup announced. With good holiday season, it could be another great year.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They did a great job this gen. But they need to get rid of that slogan tho. Was good in 2013.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like they're going to have a tough time adding 2018 to that. Congrats for beating the Xbox One and Wii U though.
how did you come to that conclusion? they ahve by far the best line up of the three and marketing for most of big titles for 18 . they will cut the price to 199 atleast for 5 months of the year . and we saw the effect of 199 PS4 last November. so i dont know why u think they will have a tough time

Status
Not open for further replies.