Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's nice! I love how they continue to add quality of life features to the OS.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
šŸ
Could be a great feature if this actually means you can rely on the games staying in Quick Resume and not randomly getting kicked out.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
This is good.

Pretty sure this isn't a thing yet, but the option to tell a game not to quick resume would be great for games that don't play nice with it.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this fixes quick resume too, it's a feature I want to use but because I've had multiple times of games having issues it's not worth me trying to use it.

Meadbeard

Apr 6, 2018
They need to also allow you to disable quick resume on a per game basis, because some games do not play nice with the feature.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And I still haven't used Quick Resume (except once to test it) and always completely quit. Sadly I have a phobia about these things and think if I use it, my save files will be corrupted or it'll even damage the console! lol

Deleted member 44122

VERY useful, something that was missing for me from the beginning

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
And I still haven't used Quick Resume (except once to test it). Sadly I have a phobia about these things and think if I use it, my save files will be corrupted or it'll even damage the console! lol

That's some paranoia. It can't damage your console and maybe I could even somewhat understand the fear of saves being corrupted, but that's not even how it works at all. In the worst case, just make sure you save before utilizing it but otherwise it's totally safe. I don't think I've heard a single instance of save data corruption at all.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And I still haven't used Quick Resume (except once to test it) and always completely quit. Sadly I have a phobia about these things and think if I use it, my save files will be corrupted or it'll even damage the console! lol
What?!

As for your saves, just do a hard save in the game. Or make sure you got a auto save. You're right not to rely on QR to save but as for your last part...

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's some paranoia. It can't damage your console and maybe I could even somewhat understand the fear of saves being corrupted, but that's not even how it works at all. In the worst case, just make sure you save before utilizing it but otherwise it's totally safe. I don't think I've heard a single instance of save data corruption at all.
What?!

As for your saves, just do a hard save in the game. Or make sure you got a auto save. You're right not to rely on QR to save but as for your last part...
Yeah I know it's safe, but still...
I should start using it tonight! :D

Oct 27, 2017
It would really be more useful to me to determine whether any game is quick resume compatible, both in your library in some place like 'compatibility options' and on the console's store itself. Might be odd but quick resume support can often be a selling point and can suffice when buying a multi-platform game on my Series X over another platform. Hell, if you can be informed whether a game has Auto-HDR on the store listing itself too, that would be excellent.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now please give me an option to disable quick resume from certain games all together. I hate having to manual reboot Halo and Call of Duty each and every time when the boot up through quick resume.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Now please give me an option to disable quick resume from certain games all together. I hate having to manual reboot Halo and Call of Duty each and every time when the boot up through quick resume.
Just fully quit it when you are doing playing. That keeps it out of QR :)

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
We also need Quick Resume stability to improve. So many times quick resume fails for me and i have to restart the game

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have agreed with this. However, both warzone and halo have recently started to work for me from QR. Yes, I need to reconnect online again but that normally only takes a few seconds.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
This is amazing. As someone thsy never plays multi player games, I've never had a problem thst some have encountered and quick resume continues to amaze me every single time.

I recently completed Red Dead 2 and quick resume really shined each and every time. Imagine switching on a rockstar game, with the world booting up and you back tin the game in under 3 seconds every time. It's great.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just fully quit it when you are doing playing. That keeps it out of QR :)
Still a manual action you need to do as result of an unintended effect of the feature.

I would have agreed with this. However, both warzone and halo have recently started to work for me from QR. Yes, I need to reconnect online again but that normally only takes a few seconds.
Interesting! Both games will eventually work for me as well. But both often take so long that I might as well restart.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Oh, yes, please! Sometimes I'll test a bunch of games and not quit them properly, fucking up with the list of games I was juggling in Quick Resume. Two is a pretty good number, especially for games that take too long to start and go through menus and stuff.

Last edited:

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
You do you, and hey, whatever works best for your peace of mind, but look up how it works and you'll see these fears have no reason to be. Worst scenario, you'll just have to load up your last save because the feature won't play nice with a certain game.

Deleted member 44122

tested modern warfare 2019 just a few days ago. after quick resume character models were glitching out, objects were disappearing in the environment and the game crashed shortly after

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
That's fantastic. I'd also like an option to disable Quick Resume for specific games.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
This is great!!

Sony should really try to add a similar feature to the PS5. I can live without it, but I still want it on both my consoles

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it some more, I'd like to see them take it a step further. Let me pin as many that will fit rather than just two.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
tested modern warfare 2019 just a few days ago. after quick resume character models were glitching out, objects were disappearing in the environment and the game crashed shortly after

Its been a couple of weeks since playing but QR crashed Scarlet Nexus without fail. I definitely expected a stability update or ability to disable before this pinning two games thing.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's cool. I may actually start using quick resume then. The first few times I used it ended up screwing me over I assume because they were updated so I never used it again.

Now let me pin as many games as I want to the top of the homepage.

Deleted member 44122

This is great!!

Sony should really try to add a similar feature to the PS5. I can live without it, but I still want it on both my consoles
the activity cards would probably be the closest equivalent. there just being a card to load the most recent save for all games would even be great, but i dont think that specific one exists, not widely anyway

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they also fix quick resume then, it's a bit buggy for me, which sucks for such great fwature.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
the activity cards would probably be the closest equivalent. there just being a card to load the most recent save for all games would even be great, but i dont think that specific one exists, not widely anyway
I rarely, if ever, use them though. They feel too cumbersome.

I only need to get back in the game, I don't care about specific sections. While the intention is good and I understand the thought process behind it... They really should just keep it simple.

Mopr3me

Banned
Jan 10, 2022
If my understanding is correct, Quick Resume games are loaded onto the SSD and don't impact RAM mutch.
Would be nice if you can partition the Series expanded storage to Quick Resume only, so that in the future you can Quick Resume as many games as can fit on your storage.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Quick resume has never failed me as it currently is but this still sounds great.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Nice. I'd want to hear how this works for multiple users though. We have three people jumping between Forza atm.

I would guess you would use this for non shared games as a priority.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Quick resume has been more consistent for me recently, this is great.

Also the laggy guide being fixed is a godsend

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Really happy to see this. I had a game in Quick Resume for almost 3 months (co-op game I was playing with my son) and during that period I played maybe 20+ other games and I was always conscious that I could accidentally knock our co-op game out of the Quick Resume list unless I manually intervened.

Obviously we'd only lose some progression if it did happen but being able to pick up exactly where we were (even mid boss fight) was really enjoyable and useful if we needed to stop for any reason. This feature would have been a really nice Quality of Life upgrade and can see myself using it going forward.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

Completly understand this point of view. Would never use the feature either. Just like how I dont put consoles in Sleep mode. Everything has to be turned off properly.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
This is a good addition as it should allow people to pin the two games they play the most that work with QR. Increasing the overall effectiveness of the feature.

I find quick resume to be much more reliable nowadays there are some games I've played where I've basically only seen the title screen once right now.

Sessions begins exactly where I left off, like how my smartphone works.

Still some failures but these account for less than 5% of resumes for me, some games are completely flawless for reliable resumes though.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wow just when I thought it couldn't get much, somehow they keep adding more quality of life features.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
That's wonderful, but to be honest, with how quick games load when they are optimized, it never bothered me too much.

Olli

Feb 6, 2021
Can they actually make it work first? Quick resumes breaks almost every game I play - I'd rather just turn it off as it's more of a ball ache than a feature.

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
That's some good news, I lost some exploration progress on Outer Wilds the other weekend because the game was closed from QR for no good reason (I hadn't even started another game after playing it, bizarre).

Hopefully pinned games will not have these inconsistencies.