• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
This looks awewome
JealousMadeupIslandwhistler.gif

Amazing!

Er, I'm going to assume that Soraya Saga's English is not that good.

(Although it could be pretty good for all I know).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
i still dont know anything about this game but it sure looks pretty. Will the EU version have japanese voices by ny chance?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh damn cool. Can someone point me in the right direction for information on the game? Like, is it traditional jrpg turn based, action rpg, whats going on?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the rare times reviews will directly affect my purchase. I want this to be solid, and I've had mixed experiences with the series to this point. If this has a strong story/characters alongside the kind of power progression that makes the world feel engaging, I can see sinking a ton of time into it. I actually find fan impressions almost useless for the genre at this point; my patience for the genre's common shortcomings is dialed in closer to more "mainstream" press than thirsty fans. The trailers so far have, if anything, thrown up some red flags.

I don't care to put time into so-so RPGs that are just 90% fillter for 10% mediocre story writing, "bolstered" by trashy treatment and character designs for all but the entire female cast.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Miyazaki was wrong, anime was a blessing /s

Seriously, nothing gets to me more than a game with crazy twists, I live for them
The Female Torna is probably gonna be Jin's blade, her bottom looks similar to the frozen one, and she has a bazooka which is pretty fly.
AND MECHS!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this trailer did nothing for me. if anything it deflated my hype for the story. that dialogue is just turning me off

mechs were cool though

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Miyazaki was wrong, anime was a blessing /s

Seriously, nothing gets to me more than a game with crazy twists, I live for them
The Female Torna is probably gonna be Jin's blade, her bottom looks similar to the frozen one, and she has a bazooka which is pretty fly.
AND MECHS!

Nah, pretty sure the person in ice is the lady Nia is talking to. Bazooka lady's Blade might actually be the four-armed one given a split-second scene from one of the JP commercials.

Nov 1, 2017
Absolute Gurren Lagann-level melodrama and cheese. It may not to be everyone's taste but I think it's a wonderful guilty pleasure.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I dont really like the Japanese voice acting :P Hopefully the dub is better.

Story looks like a lot goes on! This wasn't that spoilery. Just random scenes thrown together. Can't say I was ever too interested in the story of this game, but, from what I hear, it's good!! I'll look forward to it then.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
You wern't kidding about spoilers but hot damn was that a powerful trailer.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the trailer, but I did listen to it. The background music is so good! Jen Bird (singer) practically confirmed that the background song was written by CHiCO.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh my god this fucking trailer.

This is also the official debut of the other two Nomura characters that leaked a while ago,right?

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
@ 2:02, that has to be some enemy mech right?

Reminds me of mechons

Also Soraya says it's just the tip of the iceberg :o

Last edited:

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I woke up two minutes before I saw the trailer and couldn't follow anything. That's probably a good thing for spoiler reasons lol

But dang does Monolith Soft not know anything but rapid pace out of context trailers that hard to follow?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not watching trailer 'cause spoilers but having made the mistake of reading the thread: mechs are back?!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rex is more and more turning out to be the protag trope I dont like. all that resolve and determination spiel is eye-rolling to me. I didnt expect Rex to weigh this game down so much, but the more I watch, the less I like him. hope he's better in the full game, because just from the trailer, he's sitting below Shulk by a good margin

also, Pyra in english > Pyra in JP. she sounds younger than she looks in JP. that being said Rex in JP > Rex in English. everyone is a non-issue in either language

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.

this would make it seem like that poster on GameFAQs WAS correct based on the stuff about memory and the blades. Which, fuck, I can't believe I was spoiled :-/

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rex is more and more turning out to be the protag trope I dont like. all that resolve and determination spiel is eye-rolling to me. I didnt expect Rex to weigh this game down so much, but the more I watch, the less I like him. hope he's better in the full game, because just from the trailer, he's sitting below Shulk by a good margin

also, Pyra in english > Pyra in JP. she sounds younger than she looks in JP. that being said Rex in JP > Rex in English. everyone is a non-issue in either language

From what I seen so far I like Rex more. But then, I never liked Shulk.