• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This trailer makes it sound like that plot leak that was supposed to be false might actually be true.

And SMH at some of the dialogues.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
>no one posting the Xenomorph...
TOdcnk2.jpg

or General Grievous
Gm1CN6Z.jpg

NTnWHu1.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I seen so far I like Rex more. But then, I never liked Shulk.
I dont dislike shulk, though I was disappointed with him after all the hype for him as a protag (and the game's story in general), but Rex, on the other hand, looks like he's being written with all the shonen tropes I've grown to dislike over the years. given how these tropes are usually done for younger/teenaged characters, it's probably has to do with why I prefer older characters in media now. they dont go on these deterministic monologues to the bad guys.

these journeys of growth and maturity stories are exhausting me. I'm getting old and I'm not even 30 years old yet

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
Mechs ... i'm not even surprised .

Well i'm more surprised at why they weren't in the promo material so far.. and then i realised just how much time it took to get one in XCX ...

Anyway , with or without mechs , this is gonna be good. The trailer had drama, anime drama , but i like it

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't even *started* Odyssey yet and this is on the verge of coming out. XCX and XC both consumed like two straight months of my game time, and I'm still wrapping up pieces of BotW...

2018 is going to be the year of clearing my backlog - got a pile of PC games to run through as well.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Not watching, no need for more hype, but all this sounds great.

Clix

Banned
Trailer has my hype levels growing, that's for sure! I am curious to see how the story will compare to Xenoblade's story, since that had one of my favorite RPG storylines when it came out. To this day, I still love the story and characters.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They must be... not proud of their English dub if they keep having the Japanese one in the trailers.
Because these out of context trailers do not do dubs any favors as it comes off as stilted, awkward, desynced, or having giant empty gaps of no dialogue where the Japanese dub would still be talking.

They should try a different style of trailers

Zagger

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not sure if this has been answered before, but is there any info out regarding the file size for the JP voices DLC?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because these out of context trailers do not do dubs any favors as it comes off as stilted, awkward, desynced, or having giant empty gaps of no dialogue where the Japanese dub would still be talking.

They should try a different style of trailers
Aren't these just cutscenes from the game? It should be dubbed.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the trailer had a bunch of spoilers but I'm glad to see it. I don't regret any moment and now I want the game much more.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't these just cutscenes from the game? It should be dubbed.
Yeah they are. But the thing is English dubs taken straight from the game scotch taped together does not sound good because of how off everything feels in terms of delivery. This is why people say they don't like the dub when they saw the E3 trailer. Because it all sounds just bad on their own without any context.

Trailers like this need to be well crafted in line delivery to work, but that means they'd need to have the English dub VAs use another take that sounds better when put together in a trailer like this.

Plus Nintendo/Monolith are not very good at creating good English story trailers, as evidence by the bad mixing, awkward pacing, and wonky line delivery. Although that's what happens when you scotch tape dialogue from different scenes together. It's not going to flow well... unless you know how to actually edit a good trailer

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
OK, this game is gonna be as good as the first one.

Damn, now they really got me hyped. What a great trailer.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Watching it again, I hope they did show this back with their E3 Spotlight. This is a great trailer, with great music and and engaging story. I really hope this game does well, over 1m worldwide is hopefully a reality.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up UK folks - I ordered this from Simplygames this morning and they've already dispatched it this afternoon. I had similar luck with Mario Odyssey - they dispatched on Tuesday and I received it on Wednesday.