• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
SEGA's been removing Denuvo from its games lately, and thankfully Yakuza 0 was one of them. Full patch notes:
• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
• Improved ultrawide display support
• Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
• Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
• Added Background audio slider in audio menu
• Added UI toggle in settings menu
• Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
• Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
• Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
• Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
• Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
• Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
• Improved Alt+Tab behaviour

They didn't mention Denuvo here, but apparently the game's exe went from 220MB to just over 20, on top of opening faster.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/638970/discussions/0/1776010325134009474/

Oct 27, 2017
I no longer use an ultrawide monitor but it should be almost mandatory for games to support it now, good for Sega continuing to support this game.

And yes, everyone should buy it

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
I was already happy with the port, but this is great news (especially Alt+Tab behaviour and UI todggle for me). Hope these issues won't be here again in Kiwami.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
Wonder if they fixed the save corruption bug? Every time I save I use a new slot and check my inventory after to make sure its not corrupt

Brauni

Dec 4, 2017
Lol, literally played through the main story last week and had search for and use an obscure 21:9 fan mod.

Still very glad they fixed it, maybe it motivates me to go through the side content... I nearly ignored all of it so far.
Really brilliant game and truly a banger soundtrack.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
215d985dcde627cfa2877669579aa02318dc7c9br1-356-200_hq.gif

Nov 14, 2017
I hope this fixes the weird audio bugs like the really loud Sega logo sound and the arcade games reverting the game app's volume in Windows to 100%

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As an ultrawide owner, it feels good that I've been rewarded for having this game on my backlog. Looking forward to playing it at 21:9.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Denuvo removed.

Already finished the game, so the shadow fixes etc are a tad too late for me.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Oh hell yeah, accidental Alt+Tabs have fucked my world up on PC, and compounded by no autosave made for some serious frustration.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get ultrawide screen to work in my eyefinity setup, hopefully the patch addresses that. Although at this point I am done with 0 and wait Kiwami to drop next week

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Denuvo removed. Seems to run about 10% faster in the intro section of the game now, as it seemed to be heavily CPU-bound there.
Current version, with Denuvo:
old-stats-nnkit.png

New version with Denuvo removed:
new-stats-i9jfe.png

I think they must have already improved ultrawide support from what it was at launch, as it doesn't seem quite as bad as I remembered. This patch fixes it.
Current version:
old-version-1vjxx.gif

New version:
beta-patch-akk0r.gif

The FoV controls are extreme - which is how they should be in games.
Allow players to set it far higher than you expect - you don't know what will suit someone's setup/preferences. So many games limit to around 100–110° Horizontal FoV, which might be fine on a 16:9 display, but it's not enough on an ultrawide.

maximum-fov-bpj0p.jpg

There's still a deadzone on the mouse, so it seems like they're still emulating a gamepad with the controls though.
I'm glad that they have improved the game, but disappointed that it took this long. None of these recent Sega ports have been released in the state that they should have been.
One issue that I did run into, is that Borderless mode now stretches to fill the screen, even if the resolution is lower than it. So if you select a 16:9 resolution on an ultrawide display, it gets stretched out.

Nov 14, 2017
Glad to see Denuvo removed. Seems to run about 10% faster in the intro section of the game now, as it seemed to be heavily CPU-bound there.
Current version, with Denuvo:
old-stats-nnkit.png

New version with Denuvo removed:
new-stats-i9jfe.png

I think they must have already improved ultrawide support from what it was at launch, as it doesn't seem quite as bad as I remembered. This patch fixes it.
Current version:
old-version-1vjxx.gif

New version:
beta-patch-akk0r.gif

The FoV controls are extreme - which is how they should be in games.
Allow players to set it far higher than you expect - you don't know what will suit someone's setup/preferences. So many games limit to around 100–110° Horizontal FoV, which might be fine on a 16:9 display, but it's not enough on an ultrawide.

maximum-fov-bpj0p.jpg

There's still a deadzone on the mouse, so it seems like they're still emulating a gamepad with the controls though.
I'm glad that they have improved the game, but disappointed that it took this long. None of these recent Sega ports have been released in the state that they should have been.
missed opportunity to say "The FoV controls are Kiwami"

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
About Kiwami:
https://www.pcgamer.com/yakuza-kiwami-review/

"Expectedly, Yakuza Kiwami runs smoothly—easily maintaining 165fps at 1440p resolution on my GTX 1070. There are a handful of graphics quality settings—SSAA, FXAA, texture filtering, and shadow and geometry quality. Even with everything on maximum, though, this is not a game that cares about perfectly rendered high-resolution textures.

There's plenty you can tweak, from UI scaling to remappable gamepad and keyboard inputs. As with Yakuza 0, though, a controller is the preferred way to play. The game warns you to use a gamepad when it boots up, and it's just the more comfortable control scheme. Attempting to manipulate the camera with the mouse is an exercise in frustration.

Perhaps the biggest quality-of-life improvement is that Yakuza Kiwami autosaves your progress, and even lets you manually save from the menu without having to visit a phonebox. Purists may argue that having to travel to a savepoint was more philosophically in keeping with the way the series attempts to ground Kamurocho as a physical space, but I don't mind sacrificing that if it means not accidentally losing hours of progress."

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Great, no Denuvo means I will probably buy it again for a future replay. Zero was just too damn good.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Was super excited for this, alas I'm still getting the stuttering which was introduced in the last patch

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
It's very nice they've fixed the remaining issues with the port.
That said, my faith in Sega's cult classic ports has definitely gone down. Their original ports like Valkyria Chronicles and Vanquish shipped mostly stable, with a handful of issues that weren't too bad and usually got fixed within a month or two. Yakuza 0 taking so long to be completely fixed, and Catherine's really poor state at launch, aren't great.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So, this patch fixes all of this?

(fucked up skin and lighting with missing effects)

What about the low resolution depth of field, that is so pixelated at 4k you need to use a mod to remove it?

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Nice,
If Denuvo is gone I might buy it on PC too as I'm getting a new graphics card tomorrow. Already played through it on the playstation but this is one game that deserves all the sales it can get.

Have anyone tested it with proton yet?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Still broken. 5120×2880 shows as 512×2880. Other resolutions make even less sense.
5120x2880-m6jdj.jpg

When selected, I just get a very small window and the game freezes.
I set it to 8K manually, and it started up at my monitor's native 3440×1440 instead.

…dammit.

Eh this sucks :/
For now it's not problematic. But once we get beyond 4k, that'll be a problem.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, game still doesn't work well with eyefinity. Even more annoying is that every other game I've tried works to some extent.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I'm glad to see that the dev team is still working on this port. Now if Sega would port Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 to PC...that would be great.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Oof I was hoping for a volume mixer. The background music can be very overpowering during the in-game convo scenes.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I didn't have any real hope that they'd make these fixes. Though I suspect it only happened because they were working on releasing Kiwami and a lot of the same issues applied.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I'd lost all hope that they were going to fix it. Guess they needed some goodwill with Kiwami coming up. Happy to hear regardless.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Sadly the FOV is now too narrow in combat on default values in this Beta Patch 3.
Walking around is fine but now when you get to combat, the camera is too narrow. Upping the FOV value a couple notches alleviates this but doing so causes the FOV when walking around too be too expanded. There is simply no way as of this Patch to play it the same way FOV wise as either the PS4 version or the previous Patch 2 version. I hope this is addressed.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Yakuza to play Resident Evil 2 and Magic Arena the past couple of days so this is coming at the perfect time! Good fixes