• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Galaxy-brain take here.

sub-buzz-1241-1569017737-1.png

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Why must everything suck now, lol.

How can we even be having a discussion about whether or not you should be vaccinated against bad/contagious illnesses, literally how the hell did we get here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Awesome

Now let's see this happen in more and more cities and states

Oct 27, 2017
Anti-vaxxers are fucking morons. I say that as someone related to one of them.
I'm glad the other kids are safer because these people's kids are not going to school with them.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
California needs to get in on this.

Cracking down on exceptions isn't enough. It has to be mandatory, period.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Comparing this to Jim Crow and segregation. *Checks pics* O so they're all white people ok then.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
"This little boy can't go back to school. Why? Because our state legislature thinks we're a bunch of ignorant pariahs," Rita Palma, founder of the anti-vax group My Kids, My Choice, wrote in the photo's caption.

Congratulations, your state legislature is entirely right.

Trying to imagine the mental hurdles these parents have to jump through to blame the schools for their ignorant choices

And to homeschool their children rather than fucking vaccinate them.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Civil rights issue? Letmelaughevenharder.gif

Fuck these people. They are making this choice, not their kids.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One person took to comparing the new law to Anne Frank — who was killed by Nazis — in a tweet that read, in part, "Anne Frank was denied an education and forced to home-school."

Well if you're going to go this offensive and crazy route, Anne Frank died due to a spread of disease in the camp she was being held in, so you're gonna have to pick something else to make your crazy comparisons.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
to say nothing of the child endangerment aspect, by refusing to vaccinate, you are turning your child into a petri dish for deadly, preventable, and curable diseases to survive, mutate, evolve, and spread.

It is a matter of public health and safety.

That's why refusing to vaccinate without a valid medical excuse should be made outright illegal.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
User Banned (Permanent): Conspiratorial Rhetoric Surrounding Vaccines Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Prior Severe Ban for Advocating Mass Death
This is insanity. Humanity flourished for tens of thousands of years without needing dozens of chemical cocktails injected directly into young children's bloodstreams.

I don't dispute that vaccines can have benefits, but a good diet, clean water, and sanitary living conditions already do plenty to reduce the spread and severity of disease. They are not mandatory for well being.

Crackdowns like this are also a slippery slope to all sorts of forced medical interventions. But of course, modern medicine and government oversight are undisputed beacons of light, bringing us wandering, delicate souls into the light, right? And to show any infinitesimal whisper of concern is tantamount to promoting genocide.

*insert claims of spreading FUD, believing the earth is flat, and being a dangerous fucking shithead below*

Jun 6, 2019
This is insanity. Humanity flourished for tens of thousands of years without needing dozens of chemical cocktails injected directly into young children's bloodstreams.

I don't dispute that vaccines can have benefits, but a good diet, clean water, and sanitary living conditions already do plenty to reduce the spread and severity of disease. They are not mandatory for well being.

Crackdowns like this are also a slippery slope to all sorts of forced medical interventions. But of course, modern medicine and government oversight are undisputed beacons of light, bringing us wandering, delicate souls into the light, right? And to show any infinitesimal whisper of concern is tantamount to promoting genocide.

*insert claims of spreading FUD, believing the earth is flat, and being a dangerous fucking shithead below*

lmao

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Is this post sarcasm or reported?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Good, this needs to be nationwide.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

You had me going lol

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

Please tell me this is some dumb joke and not a serious response.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018

D0xku2d.jpg

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017

71kj4zE.png

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Man, is their any issue that manages to cross political and demographic lines the way anti-vaccination bullshit seems to?

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This is a troll,right?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
To everybody, right? And through no fault of their living conditions, right? We'd all have a 50% chance of being crippled or dead if not for things invented in the last 200 years or so, right?

I don't know what you're arguing but the science is pretty clear that vaccinations help people rather than harm them.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I wonder if one of Trump's future rallies will have the promise of strengthening exemptions and overturning bans because afaik, he is an anti-vaxxer. Successful or not, that's quite a few (mostly white) folks who will vote for him.