Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK

Every part of this is bonkers.

That this level of corruption exists.
That this level of corruption has been codified and spelled out.
That physical cards embodying this corruption exist.
That the physical cards are effectively official.
That this level of corruption is treated as normal, to the point that it's reduction rather than it's existence is newsworthy.

I feel like parts of this article should be items of evidence in some sort of court case, not some tiny article in some podunk tabloid rag.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
tenor.gif

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
What in the actual .......................................................................................... ? ?? ? ? ? ?~

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so do these things actually exist? Since when? Are they official cards or an inside thing?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
If NYPD officially hands out and accepts these cards they are a worthless disgusting joke. I can't believe I've never heard of this before.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean... I *kind* of get it for the NYPD officers themselves, even though it's still pretty bad, but beyond that? I have no words.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Have received a few of these over the years, and even used one once. Always thought they were bullshit, but who's gonna turn that security blanket down if it falls into your lap?

And yes, I'm from NYC.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Shock at Police force that acts like a Police State because it receives more funding that a lot of small countries, abuses their power?

I would never!

hashtagrekt

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have received a few of these over the years, and even used one once. Always thought they were bullshit, but who's gonna turn that security blanket down if it falls into your lap?

And yes, I'm from NYC.
Not bullshit at all but certain chapters are only accepted in certain areas or you wouldn't drop an Nj PBA card on an Ny cop. I've used plenty in my teen days, never an issue for getting out of some minor traffic violation or speeding ticket.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not bullshit at all but certain chapters are only accepted in certain areas or you wouldn't drop an Nj PBA card on an Ny cop. I've used plenty in my teen days, never an issue for getting out of some minor traffic violation or speeding ticket.

I should clarify I never doubted their efficacy, I just think it's ethically unjustifiable that having a connection to the police confers you with an advantage over the vast majority of people who happen not to.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
As a native New Yorker, and having a family member in the NYPD, this is very real, and yes, depending on the offense, and cop, you're free to go.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are physical cards police officers can hand to family members, or give them as (wtf) Christmas gifts, that could potentially be used to bribe other officers in order to escape 'mjnor' charges like speeding??

That seems super fucked up!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah they exist here in NJ/NY, and yes they're bullshit. They don't strictly say "get out of jail free" obviously but I've heard stories from people who have them who have gotten out of blatant tickets because of them. Fuck the police.