• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

It seems the anime "VRAINS" is not getting a manga adaptation.

New Main Character is named Shouma (Breaking the "Yu" Tradition), created by 5D's mangaka Masashi Sato
D9fviqlUIAAXtG0.jpg:small

He uses a "Tenyi" deck, which is an existing Link summoning based deck

The lack of new cards makes me think this is not related to the eventual Generation 7 announcement

Manga is called "OCG Structures",and apparently will focus on using real TCG cards to teach people how to play

Edit:First chapter is already out it seems

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
HA! I'm laughing my head off with Vrains still not getting a manga, and at this rate it won't ever get one.
There's really no point given the series is already over 100 episodes in and we are probably getting close to the next series.

After the Arc-V manga they should probably just stop anyways.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
...purple card backs? Is he from the Berenstein universe or something?

That's how they are in some of the mangas. OG are brown though, but Takahashi now uses purple.

YugiohBunkoban-VOL08-JP.png

There's really no point given the series is already over 100 episodes in and we are probably getting close to the next series.

After the Arc-V manga they should probably just stop anyways.

it's amazing how that manga nosedived in just 4 pages. That reveal was...WOW.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
All right I gotta know. How bad was it?
Story is ok I guess, but after 49 chapters of Yuya and Yuzu flirting and getting closer, Yuzu confesses her love in the last chapter, Yuya immediately backs off and says he can´t be with her. She's heartbroken and asks for an explanation, he gives her a card and tells her that he guarantees they'll meet again

The last 4 pages reveal Yuya came from the future and Yuzu is his mother (AND HE STILL SPENT THE WHOLE MANGA FLIRTING WITH HER) and the last page is Yuzu taking a young version of Yuya's father as a rebound because he reminds her of Yuya

The End.

I can't think of a single fan that liked that ending. Even the anime Kingdom Hearts II ending that royally screws over all their alternate selves so that they can get together was a billion times better

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
That's how they are in some of the mangas. OG are brown though, but Takahashi now uses purple.

YugiohBunkoban-VOL08-JP.png

it's amazing how that manga nosedived in just 4 pages. That reveal was...WOW.

Takahashi's characters with realistic lighting are kinda scary sometimes

Obviously he's improved considerably but I can't help but prefer the almost-flat colors from the original manga run. If I could own any of the original drawings, it would be this one. It's probably just collecting dust in a drawer somewhere, SMH.

ZKw1w8a.jpg

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Story is ok I guess, but after 49 chapters of Yuya and Yuzu flirting and getting closer, Yuzu confesses her love in the last chapter, Yuya immediately backs off and says he can´t be with her. She's heartbroken and asks for an explanation, he gives her a card and tells her that he guarantees they'll meet again

The last 4 pages reveal Yuya came from the future and Yuzu is his mother (AND HE STILL SPENT THE WHOLE MANGA FLIRTING WITH HER) and the last page is Yuzu taking a young version of Yuya's father as a rebound because he reminds her of Yuya

The End.

I can't think of a single fan that liked that ending. Even the anime Kingdom Hearts II ending that royally screws over all their alternate selves so that they can get together was a billion times better

Well that certainly is an ending I suppose

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Did the original Yugioh manga creator just stop creating new series or writing new stories after the first series? Is he just living off the IP at this point?

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did the original Yugioh manga creator just stop creating new series or writing new stories after the first series? Is he just living off the IP at this point?

Outside of the Darkside of Dimensions film, a bunch of card art and character designs (including the main protags of most of the sequel series), and some short-run non-YGO manga I don't think he's done much since the original series.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

The End.

Holy shit lmao. What a dumpster fire