• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
They are showing a two days old build. (at 10:19)

• 30fps confirmed
  • uses ~2GB of RAM
  • all of the Panic Button's optimizations are now in the PC build.

Really looks great! Motion blur is also there.

There's also this older gameplay from Twitch, starts at 47:20 until ~54:00

Last edited:

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Great job by Panic Button! Comparing their ports to others (like Dark Souls) really shows how good they are with the Switch hardware

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
This games needs cross play, so I finally can transfer all the "over 400 hours stuff" I had in the PS4 version. Played the shit out of this game but stopped playing it like three years ago cause I wanted to play more games.

Now it looks like a completely redone game and I really want to play it again, but on Switch.

OP
OP
plebc

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
26-28fps on the world map screen. Was showing a 35ms frametime. So close to 33.3ms......almost there.
I think they are not prioritizing framerate in menus and maps because of the battery life (longer you wait the framerate is lower if you take a close look). Or even if it the the Switch version uses dynamic resolution, those things should stay at 720p. They can still improve it tho, it's important that the gameplay runs stable.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
the optimizations being added to PC is interesting. I wonder if it'll run better on my PC. when I've tested it, it ran great, but I've always been scared of playing it primarily on PC largely because the focus seems to have shifted to big open environments ie Plains of Eidolan so I've wondered how much of a toll those take on a PC such as mine where I have a strong CPU (i7 6700), but a rather lackluster GPU (GTX 730).

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
the optimizations being added to PC is interesting. I wonder if it'll run better on my PC. when I've tested it, it ran great, but I've always been scared of playing it primarily on PC largely because the focus seems to have shifted to big open environments ie Plains of Eidolan so I've wondered how much of a toll those take on a PC such as mine where I have a strong CPU (i7 6700), but a rather lackluster GPU (GTX 730).

It almost ran at 60 at native resolution on my laptop (GeForce 840M) but it will probably run now at 60. Also change that GPU, it is bottlenecking you. 1050Ti is cheap and really good.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Panic Button is to the Switch what Capcom was to the 3DS. They know their way around the hardware better than almost anyone.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Omfg coding magic!

This shit looks so good. Cannot wait. Might have to drop Paladins for this

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
wait, is the full screen showed from the switch version as well? I don't think so

edit: indeed, that's come from the pc or xbox x

Last edited:

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Much respect to Panic Button, those guys seem to be wizards with the Switch hardware. I can't wait to see how they handle Doom Eternal.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is looking great. Never really got into it on the PS4, but will definitely give it another shot.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
I think its safe to say that outside of nintendo themselves these guys no the hardware the best at this point.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it's just undocked footage is the Switch version... the full-screen stuff is not docked

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Granted, your ship is a small area, let's see how it runs when you go into the open world.

That said, it's still damn good looking.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks so great in handheld. I hope there's some sort of data transfer or account sharing. Put a decent amount of time on the xbone version and really don't want to have to start over.