• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Brand New used to be my favourite band in the world, with multiple times more plays than any other artist. I had a deep emotional connection to this music as a teen and it was something that got me through dark places in my adolescence and young adulthood. When it came out that the lead singer Jesse Lacey had been alleged of sexual abuse, grooming underage girls those memories became tainted, the lyrics corrupted by now knowing they were from the mind of an abuser.

I stopped listening to them and haven't since. It was not a hard decision and I feel no regret or remorse for it. I think the world is a better place without Jesse Lacey being exposed to more vulnerable girls. This stuff has to be squashed, cannot be ignored and abusers need to be dragged then cut out. fuck the wwe. and if you're a wrestling fan surely you can find some other alternative not run by abusive shitbags.

If you think banned discussion is "Sweeping things under the rug" then leave this thread up and kill the rest. Everyone can see that this is a company that covers up the vile rape of their talent because it's bad optics. Can anyone really sit and gossip about Smackdown with a clear conscience after reading some shit like this?
You were always one of the good ones remz.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brand New used to be my favourite band in the world, with multiple times more plays than any other artist. I had a deep emotional connection to this music as a teen and it was something that got me through dark places in my adolescence and young adulthood. When it came out that the lead singer Jesse Lacey had been alleged of sexual abuse, grooming underage girls those memories became tainted, the lyrics corrupted by now knowing they were from the mind of an abuser.

I stopped listening to them and haven't since. It was not a hard decision and I feel no regret or remorse for it. I think the world is a better place without Jesse Lacey being exposed to more vulnerable girls. This stuff has to be squashed, cannot be ignored and abusers need to be dragged then cut out. fuck the wwe. and if you're a wrestling fan surely you can find some other alternative not run by abusive shitbags.

If you think banned discussion is "Sweeping things under the rug" then leave this thread up and kill the rest. Everyone can see that this is a company that covers up the vile rape of their talent because it's bad optics. Can anyone really sit and gossip about Smackdown with a clear conscience after reading some shit like this?

You can go to Wrestling Era during the time WWE airs and you will see the amount of people that watch like if nothing happened. Some of them are the same that say "fuck WWE" when something awful happens. They just do not care about it. They think the awful things WWE does should not affect their enjoyment of the product. Some even do the "edgy defense force" saying everything is evil because we "live in a society" or repeat their mantra "there is no ethical consumption in capitalism" to make themselves feel better.

Jul 18, 2018
You can go to Wrestling Era during the time WWE airs and you will see the amount of people that watch like if nothing happened. Some of them are the same that say "fuck WWE" when something awful happens. They just do not care about it. They think the awful things WWE does should not affect their enjoyment of the product. Some even do the "edgy defense force" saying everything is evil because we "live in a society" or repeat their mantra "there is no ethical consumption in capitalism" to make themselves feel better.
This is tough when you have products that are so big. Look at the NFL, the same people watch the product despite all the shit they do to cover up horrible things. Myself included. It's more like you have to go and fight the root of the problem, which in this case is Vince and whomever was directly responsible. Because unlike a music band, you are looking at a product with tons/hundreds of talent that have no involvement with these issues. So as fans, the best they can do is try to make awareness a thing, push for someone with power (legal, financial, etc) to get involved. It's a sad set of affairs. At least with something like a band, you can easily avoid them and they suffer the fate, but you can't do the same with these huge corporations

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I haven't watched WWE since it was still being called WWF but everyone who followed the industry back in the 90's already knew that Vince McMahon was a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't mean they don't care about it. That's their stance on it and everyone differs from person to person as to what it means to care about something and not care about something and how you handle it. To you you think not watching it is the proper way to handle this thing but to others they might not think that and still be against it just as much given how much they highlight the negatives on websites and social media itself. People can say "well mentioning it is giving WWE support", people can say "well if you buy a candle bar from the company that supports WWE then you support WWE given they give WWE money", same with buying a 2K game, there's just different ways people handle things. Besides that there's people in the company who do waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more good that people don't talk about that don't support anything negative the WWE does and yet they push for change inside of the company and a lot of people support those people and their good endevours. Look at Sami Zayn and his Syria campaign that's raised a lot of money. People support guys like that so they watch given it helps Sami himself out. Same with Bryan and others.

At the end of the day awareness, pushing for support towards uncovering these evil deeds, those are the 100% surefire ways you can show your support and be against something which doesn't vary from person to person. Everything else depends on how you are as a person. The 10 dollars people give WWE a month doesn't do much compared to pushing a headline story that gets WWE's attention towards these affairs. The fact they had to address this and some negative press that's arose from this definitely does more damage than people think.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is tough when you have products that are so big. Look at the NFL, the same people watch the product despite all the shit they do to cover up horrible things. Myself included. It's more like you have to go and fight the root of the problem, which in this case is Vince and whomever was directly responsible. Because unlike a music band, you are looking at a product with tons/hundreds of talent that have no involvement with these issues. So as fans, the best they can do is try to make awareness a thing, push for someone with power (legal, financial, etc) to get involved. It's a sad set of affairs. At least with something like a band, you can easily avoid them and they suffer the fate, but you can't do the same with these huge corporations

WWE is an entertainment corporation, it is not like a medical one where it is almost impossible to find an alternative to it. A good portion of the people that see WWE here also enjoy other wrestling companies, so it is not like WWE is their life. In the end they decide to not care. People are responsable for what they consume. Yes, we have to make awful choices because many time we do not have options. When it comes to the WWE, unless for some reason your subjective welfare depends on it, then there is no excuse.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't mean they don't care about it. That's their stance on it and everyone differs from person to person as to what it means to care about something and not care about something and how you handle it. To you you think not watching it is the proper way to handle this thing but to others they might not think that and still be against it just as much given how much they highlight the negatives on websites and social media itself. People can say "well mentioning it is giving WWE support", people can say "well if you buy a candle bar from the company that supports WWE then you support WWE given they give WWE money", same with buying a 2K game, there's just different ways people handle things. Besides that there's people in the company who do waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more good that people don't talk about that don't support anything negative the WWE does and yet they push for change inside of the company and a lot of people support those people and their good endevours. Look at Sami Zayn and his Syria campaign that's raised a lot of money. People support guys like that so they watch given it helps Sami himself out. Same with Bryan and others.

At the end of the day awareness, pushing for support towards uncovering these the evil deeds, those are the 100% surefire ways you can show your support and be against something which doesn't vary from person to person. Everything else depends on how you are as a person. The 10 dollars people give WWE a month doesn't do much compared to pushing a headline story that gets WWE's attention towards these affairs. The fact they had to address this and some negative press that's arose from this definitely does more damage than people think.

Yes, but in the end they are giving money to them. They give money to a company (and this is not only a Vince thing) that is ok with doing propaganda for a regime that is committing genocide by starving millions (yes, millions) of people. They can say fuck Trump all they want, but if they give money or ratings to WWE they are directly financing Trump 2020 campaign. As consumers we are responsable. Yes, most of the time we have no options, if you are sick you have to support big pharma. In the entertainment businesses it is different. There are more options. And yes, many of those options are still awful, but there are different levels to it.

If you want to support a particular wrestler like Sami you can do it without giving money / ratings to the WWE. To support Sami for Syria you do not have to watch the WWE. Some wrestlers have their own merch or wishlists to support them. People just do not believe in de-platforming or boycotting.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but in the end they are giving money to them. They give money to a company (and this is not only a Vince thing) that is ok with doing propaganda for a regime that is committing genocide by starving millions (yes, millions) of people. They can say fuck Trump all they want, but if they give money or ratings to WWE they are directly financing Trump 2020 campaign. As consumers we are responsable. Yes, most of the time we have no options, if you are sick you have to support big pharma. In the entertainment businesses it is different. There are more options. And yes, many of those options are still awful, but there are different levels to it.

If you want to support a particular wrestler like Sami you can do it without giving money / ratings to the WWE. To support Sami for Syria you do not have to watch the WWE. Some wrestlers have their own merch or wishlists to support them. People just do not believe in de-platforming or boycotting.
They are but that doesn't mean they don't care. That's not the sole solution to everything and everyone because while the WWE does do bad they do a great amount of good that makes people happy so yeah while you'd be stopping the negatives you'd also take away the positive even if there are alternatives. It's that way for a ton of companies. In WWE's case hypothetically say the company is taken down. That's going to affect kids and families. It's also something I've heard from a lot of superstars there when they're asked about what they do namely the AJ Styles', Randy Ortons and Becky Lynchs recently within the past year even with all the Saudi, racism and other reports. They mention seeing the kids and that's what makes them continue working in the company even though the WWE has negatives because they still push for change that can happen within. New Day and the Hogan stuff. They were vocal for being against Hogan and his racism and made it known but kept working for the company even though Hogan's ok with the company again. Bryan, Owens, Zayn and Black and the Saudi stuff. They've been with the company before and they're still with the company knowing that. That doesn't mean they're bad people, they just have a different way of handling things compared to you but one thing that remains is they state they're against said situation. It's just that the action beyond their statement differs. They chose not to go which shows they're against it.

It goes back to what I said, it varies from person to person.

It's like what a RDR2 dev (and other devs) said when the Rockstar crunch fiasco reports came out last year. Waypoint asked numerous devs of different companies towards their stance as to still support companies based on the negatives, what's happening to the workers and such and the majority answer was still buy the games and support because it helps those workers themselves out given they're doing what they can for the fans, it shows that they're not what's bad about it as well. But with that said they said to show you're against it to push back against by bringing awareness so there can be again change given rather than not buying the games. They didn't say to not support Rockstar and the rest, they said "nah, keep doing it because it helps us just bring the negatives to light and bring awareness any way you can."

At the end of the day it varies from person to person. If anyone voices that they're against it and are doing something showing they're against it (whether it's bringing awareness, not supporting with money, just something that shows they're not with it even telling multiple people) then that should be enough to show they care because it's different than how they'd act if they were for it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They are but that doesn't mean they don't care. That's not the sole solution to everything and everyone because while the WWE does do bad they do a great amount of good that makes people happy so yeah while you'd be stopping the negatives you'd also take away the positive even if there are alternatives. It's that way for a ton of companies. In WWE's case hypothetically say the company is taken down. That's going to affect kids and families. It's also something I've heard from a lot of superstars there when they're asked about what they do namely the AJ Styles', Randy Ortons and Becky Lynchs recently within the past year even with all the Saudi, racism and other reports. They mention seeing the kids and that's what makes them continue working in the company even though the WWE has negatives because they still push for change that can happen within. New Day and the Hogan stuff. They were vocal for being against Hogan and his racism and made it known but kept working for the company even though Hogan's ok with the company again. Bryan, Owens, Zayn and Black and the Saudi stuff. They've been with the company before and they're still with the company knowing that. That doesn't mean they're bad people, they just have a different way of handling things compared to you but one thing that remains is they state they're against said situation. It's just that the action beyond their statement differs. They chose not to go which shows they're against it.

It goes back to what I said, it varies from person to person.

It's like what a RDR2 dev (and other devs) said when the Rockstar crunch fiasco reports came out last year. Waypoint asked numerous devs of different companies towards their stance as to still support companies based on the negatives, what's happening to the workers and such and the majority answer was still buy the games and support because it helps those workers themselves out given they're doing what they can for the fans, it shows that they're not what's bad about it as well. But with that said they said to show you're against it to push back against by bringing awareness so there can be again change given rather than not buying the games. They didn't say to not support Rockstar and the rest, they said "nah, keep doing it because it helps us just bring the negatives to light and bring awareness any way you can."

At the end of the day it varies from person to person. If anyone voices that they're against it and are doing something showing they're against it (whether it's bringing awareness, not supporting with money, just something that shows they're not with it even telling multiple people) then that should be enough to show they care because it's different than how they'd act if they were for it.

I draw my line with human decency. A company that does propaganda for a genocidal regimen and enables Trump does not deserve support, even if they do some so called "good."

I am not from the West, so I know how much your entertainment, your welfare cost us. In the USA if you have the money you can enjoy a wide variety of food from all over the world. The USA is also the country in the world that waste the biggest amount of food, both by consumers (in the fridge) and by companies (supermarkets, restaurants and more). A lot of the food you consume means the exploitation of workers that are payed and work in sub-human conditions. A lot of the food you consume means less food for the people that need it. A lot of the food you consume means indigenous people get their lands, their resources stolen so we can produce more for you. As a consumer, are you responsable for that? In most cases you do not even know about that or think how your consumption affects people that are so far away and you are probably never going to meet. Heck, sometimes you can know all this and live in a situation where you actually do not have much choice because you do not have the money to buy from local farmers or have the time to do it because you have to work over-time just to barely live. In cases like that I understand, but WWE is not a case like that, it is an entertainment business. A big portion of the people that watch WWE here (the ones I am pointing), know about all the awful stuff WWE does and decide to normalize supporting an awful company. They say how much Vince is a piece of shit and yet, they use gifs of him like nothing, normalizing an awful human, They say fuck WWE for what they do and yet, in an hour they can talk about how great raw was this week, how funny the 24/7 title is.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to wait to hear more facts before I jump on the fuck wwe train.

There are people who could easily verify the story one way or the other.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I draw my line with human decency. A company that does propaganda for a genocidal regimen and enables Trump does not deserve support, even if they do some so called "good."

I am not from the West, so I know how much your entertainment, your welfare cost us. In the USA if you have the money you can enjoy a wide variety of food from all over the world. The USA is also the country in the world that waste the biggest amount of food, both by consumers (in the fridge) and by companies (supermarkets, restaurants and more). A lot of the food you consume means the exploitation of workers that are payed and work in sub-human conditions. A lot of the food you consume means less food for the people that need it. A lot of the food you consume means indigenous people get their lands, their resources stolen so we can produce more for you. As a consumer, are you responsable for that? In most cases you do not even know about that or think how your consumption affects people that are so far away and you are probably never going to meet. Heck, sometimes you can know all this and live in a situation where you actually do not have much choice because you do not have the money to buy from local farmers or have the time to do it because you have to work over-time just to barely live. In cases like that I understand, but WWE is not a case like that, it is an entertainment business. A big portion of the people that watch WWE here (the ones I am pointing), know about all the awful stuff WWE does and decide to normalize supporting an awful company. They say how much Vince is a piece of shit and yet, they use gifs of him like nothing, normalizing an awful human, They say fuck WWE for what they do and yet, in an hour they can talk about how great raw was this week, how funny the 24/7 title is.
I still see what you're saying but we're just going in circles now. I just think it differs depending on the person how to show you're against something and not. We'll never see eye to eye on that but either way good discussion.

As to the people in WrassleERA, I'm not there much these days but it goes back to what I meant about how they show they're not with what's going on. If they just say "fuck WWE" and then that's it then I don't think that's much to show how they're against it. If they voice their comments more towards that, watch less due to what's going on, tell others about the negativity going on, retweeting the articles, just something that shows they're letting their opinion be known rather than that? Answer WWE surveys, contacting those in WWE, just something then it's ok if they watch it because that's a change from their normal behavior. They can still make jokes and laugh about something while also making it known that they're not with what's going on. It's like I said, tons of people in the company are 100% against it but yet they still work there.

Either way good discussion without anyone going to blows lol.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Jimmy Hart wrote a blog about that Kuwait tour back in 2006 on WWE.com.

We are all starting to feel the effects of the heat. In order to deal with the hot climate, we are told to keep drinking water constantly. Even then, sometimes the heat can overcome you. At the next autograph session, Ashley begins to swoon. Our base escorts demand she be taken to the Medical Center, despite her protests to the contrary. While doctors check her out, we proceed to our next destination, Camp LSA's Mess Hall, where we meet the base commander, Lieutenant Colonel Tim Eichhorn, for lunch. Camp LSA is right next to Ali Al Salem and is the last stop before military personnel leave the country for well deserved R&R or return home to the U.S.A. There can be up to 2,000 troops a day at Camp LSA getting prepped for their return home.

After lunch, we visit Navy Customs, where some of the troops are in lockdown awaiting their flights home. It is great to see the smiles on their faces as their final activity in camp is getting to meet some of the Legends and Divas. Gary then retrieves Ashley from the Medical Center. While still weak, she insists on participating in our last photo session on base.

Also the Gary wasn't Gary Hart it was Gary Davis VP of Corporate Communications. I thought Gary Hart being there didn't make sense.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Vince is the epitome of crap. I recall the two biggest controversies in WWE: Benoit and steroid abuse and Owen Hart's death. In both tragic events, Vince took basically no accountability.

I don't really know the Ashley story but I've read her story and while I can't prove Vince dismissed her, I absolutely wouldn't be surprised.

These poor ratings, potentially hiding rape, and AEW coming in. It could be time for Vince to step away finally.