• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
You have to understand the power dynamics of the wrestling industry though. If you want to have a career in wrestling that goes above wrestling in high school gyms, you have to be on Vince McMahon's good side. This is why almost anyone who has had beef with Vince has had to reconcile with him in the years since WCW has folded - they have no choice. I mean even Bret Hart did after what happened to Owen. He had to if he wanted to have a career.

Oh absolutely, no question about that.

I may have misinterpreted the post, I read it as though it implied she was still there at the time.

Last edited:

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point I'd be ok with banning WWE OTs.
Considering the strong stance this forum has against racism, misogyny, homophobia, and support of metoo, I wonder if this would be possible? I mean, those threads help direct attention to wwe. Why keep helping them with that?
It's not even entertaining them though, given how much people seem dissatisfied with the product. That's the weird thing.
Agreed. It is however reminiscent of
Hardcore wwe fans are like battered wives who always tell themselves that they will get better and deep down love them.
There you go. Dark but good way to put it.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
WTF????
this is seriously fucked up

Bill Burr was right about the blind "Support the Troops!!"

But we gotta support the troops!

This is sickening... i don't innately owe respect to military servicemen...

My view is not unlike that of the police. Good policemen and soldiers are fine by me, but they ain't gods among men, and aren't deserving of blind worship. Ever hear of the Zoot Suit Riots? The so-called "Greatest Generation" was responsible for that. Fuck 'em!! I'm only glad that those racist fucks are most likely gone, and I hope their last minutes were drenched in agonizing fear and pain, racist fuckers!

This, sadly, is just another one on the pile of bullshit the government lets the military get away with. Fuck this shit, fuck those responsible for the rape and those covering it up! Fuck 'em to HELL!

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Anecdotally I've been seeing a huge influx of people saying that they've cancelled their WWE Network subscriptions. I hope WWE ends up taking a noticeable hit and their ridiculously over-inflated stock price goes down.

I want Fox to regret ever making a deal with WWE for Smackdown.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Anecdotally I've been seeing a huge influx of people saying that they've cancelled their WWE Network subscriptions. I hope WWE ends up taking a noticeable hit and their ridiculously over-inflated stock price goes down.

I want Fox to regret ever making a deal with WWE for Smackdown.
If I remember the recent report right, Network subscribers were down in wrestlemania season for the first time ever and they've been suspiciously quiet about reporting exact subscriber numbers too, so it seems like they are feeling a dent with the network at least.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
If I remember the recent report right, Network subscribers were down in wrestlemania season for the first time ever and they've been suspiciously quiet about reporting exact subscriber numbers too, so it seems like they are feeling a dent with the network at least.
This will just add to it.

Ratings have slid considerably this year as well and show no signs of recovering.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is and has been a systematic problem with rape in the armed forces for awhile now. They too need to be held accountable.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
What THQ Nordic did was really shitty, but it's not in the same league as the heinous stuff WWE has done time and time again for decades.
This is true. Like i love wrestling but WWE has done so much heinous shit over the years even worse than what's in the OP.

For example covering up a murder in Jimmy Snuka's case.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
That poor woman

Fuck Vince and fuck the WWE

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Mods, how do we get the ball rolling on banning WWE threads on Era?
ERA won't ban Atlus/CDPR threads after the continued and unapologetic homophobia/transphobia, nor PewDiePie threads after people literally died, nor THQN threads after... what they did.
There won't be a ban on anything WWE related.
Please, prove me wrong.
Please.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly Im not seeing this story picking up traction in the media. I can't find much discussion on Twitter either.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The last time I brought up how disgusting I find it that Giantbomb still continually bring up and talk about WWE in their media I was derided and crapped on in this forum.
And I still find it disgusting.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
The last time I brought up how disgusting I find it that Giantbomb still continually bring up and talk about WWE in their media I was derided and crapped on in this forum.
And I still find it disgusting.
Like a lot of things WWE is more than the sum of Vince's shit. It's not like everyone that's on their payroll is bad people. Both Roman Reigns and John Cena for example are their top guys and they're huge lefties. So it's not like the entire company is toxic, however I do agree it's hard to defend them over the years.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
ERA won't ban Atlus/CDPR threads after the continued and unapologetic homophobia/transphobia, nor PewDiePie threads after people literally died, nor THQN threads after... what they did.
There won't be a ban on anything WWE related.
Please, prove me wrong.
Please.

What topics are actually banned from ERA? (aside of just websites)

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Yet there are WWE fans who will continue to defend Vince totally or dismiss his evil ways by saying he does good things and bad things.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Like a lot of things WWE is more than the sum of Vince's shit. It's not like everyone that's on their payroll is bad people. Both Roman Reigns and John Cena for example are their top guys and they're huge lefties. So it's not like the entire company is toxic, however I do agree it's hard to defend them over the years.
But when you support WWE you support Vince McMahon and his company. There is no way round this.
He and his ilk are just too vile.

TrojanBlade

Oct 30, 2017
Yet there are WWE fans who will continue to defend Vince totally or dismiss his evil ways by saying he does good things and bad things.
Not just that but also no one can criticize the men/women in uniform. Its like blasphemy in US. Can't criticize them for their inhuman actions in the wars etc instead you are dragged to the bottom in the media as unpatriotic and an a-hole. No one should be above the law. There a douchebags in every organization and military has its own.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
What an absolute shitbag company. How much of a fucking monster do you have to be to be more concerned about negative pr than the health and safety of a person.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Not just that but also no one can criticize the men/women in uniform. Its like blasphemy in US. Can't criticize them for their inhuman actions in the wars etc instead you are dragged to the bottom in the media as unpatriotic and an a-hole. No one should be above the law. There a douchebags in every organization and military has its own.

Sad thing is, is that this whole military praise isn't even ABOUT the soldiers.

It's so people won't complain when the government raises the military budget again to even more obscene levels. The budget gets increase so that more money can be funneled into the hands of private contractors and weapons dealers

Oct 25, 2017
This is completely unsurprising in the worst possible way. A woman being told to not report her rape to help the company bottom line is 100% in keeping with what the WWE has been doing for decades and rape is just so, so rampant in the US military. Even if a proper investigation is conducted on allegations the ranks close so fast, and pressure is put on the accuser.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a discussion board, I don't know what good banning WWE topics accomplishes. It never crossed my mind to ban NFL topics, the league has been openly racist with the Kaep shit and has protected rapists and women abusers for decades. We still have NFL topics.