• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck WWE, Vince and their ilk.

Isn't he BFFs with Trump too? A bird of a feather and all.

Last edited:

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Can we cancel WWE now? How many more stories will it take for people to stop giving them money and attention?

At this point I cannot imagine how terrible a person has to be to keep supporting that company.

Jul 18, 2018
The people who know about this, but still supports Vince & the WWE, are absolute scum.

I wouldn't want anything to do with them again.
This is the thing... i bet a lot of people doing it are trying to support the WWE in terms of supporting their talent. Unfortunately a majority is all going to Vince directly or indirectly. The brand itself is also going to keep a lot of people without a job.

The thing is, a lot of us are helpless in trying to stop Vince. There should definitely be more of an uprising in the wrestling community that actually goes after Vince directly in terms of cutting off ties to investors, business ventures, etc etc etc. The brand is associated with so many things now, and he's expanding it to XFL, there's going to be so many people directly or indirectly fueling him and the others in charge of other heinous shit.

Articles like this should actually empower wrestlers or people to be tied to wrestlers and other people apart of the business to be protected and have sources or groups to help support everyone. People need to start looking at the industry as something more than a carnival, sad stuff :(

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we cancel WWE now? How many more stories will it take for people to stop giving them money and attention?

At this point I cannot imagine how terrible a person has to be to keep supporting that company.

Parts of America just introduced laws to punish people who help women a lot more than those who rape them.

It is pretty easy for me to imagine people who wouldn't be bothered by this at all.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
If I boycotted everything that was horrible, I wouldn't watch wrestling, fifa sponsored soccer, the Olympics, play dragon Quest, any game with crunch time, watch Tarantino movies because of the liberal use of language, etc.

I also salute those that can boycott everything bad in this world.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
If I boycotted everything that was horrible, I wouldn't watch wrestling, fifa sponsored soccer, the Olympics, play dragon Quest, any game with crunch time, watch Tarantino movies because of the liberal use of language, etc.

it's almost like things exist on a spectrum of harm and this kind of black and white thinking is just an excuse to not engage with the realities of who you are supporting

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC

This post is bad and you really should take some time to reflect on how you got to this point.

But hey, you stab for a company consistently covering up the worst garbage in society as long as you get to watch your oiled up people pretending to pin each other and what not.

#priorities

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
This post is bad and you really should take some time to reflect on how you got to this point.
I absolutely know it's an opinion people won't like. Hopefully it makes other people think about what they're willing to excuse, myself included.

With that said, I'm pretty close to canceling my subscription.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
I absolutely know it's an opinion people won't like. Hopefully it makes other people think about what they're willing to excuse, myself included.

With that said, I'm pretty close to canceling my subscription.

What would it take? Eating a live baby on stage?

I honestly can't think of a more easily avoidable company that consistently does worse shit that WWE.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good thing there's other wrestling organizations, non-fifa sponsored soccer, games other than Dragon Quest, Valve games, and directors other than Tarantino (although he's your only option if you have a foot fetish)

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
What would it take? Eating a live baby on stage?

I honestly can't think of a more easily avoidable company that consistently does worse shit that WWE.
I cancelled my Facebook years ago no muss no fuss, so I guess it comes down to ease of access to the library they have. Or who knows what else.

Obviously their track record is suspect, and so it's something I'll work through.

Eta- at the very least, I've never eaten at or will I ever eat at chik Fila, so that's something for now.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

The WWE Universe ™ has spoken.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm just one dude and I'm fine with people taking issue with it even though I've already mentioned I'm conflicted. Clown me for being conflicted, that's fine. Just check your self while you're doing it.

I stopped watching long ago. The SA deal was what did it for me. Now I regret ever giving a damn about that piece of shit company.

Edit: It's nothing personal Books. I can empathize with your confliction. I went through a similar thing before I completely stopped watching. But I completely disagree with "everything is bad so what's the point?" Maybe you'll come around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedMercury

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

This comment is nonsense. Yes, by virtue of living life everyone is going to support bad things, but this is optional entertainment. It's not about being a Saint, it's about trying to do the right thing when you can.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had the bright idea that Gary Hart could clear all this up as the story states he walked in the subjects and carried Ashley away. So he could confirm the incident and possibly even ID the subjects.

Yet I see he died of a heart attack in 2008 (unless there's another Gary Hart). Well damn.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's strange, if this were a story about a movie producer covering up the rape of an actress on his watch, they'd be in for a Weinstein-esque take down, but its almost like professional wrestling operates on this weird underbelly of popular culture, where everybody's perception is that wrestling is already so low, the general public just assumes these are all juiced up meatheads employed by bloodthirsty carnies, that it almost allows them so skate on things like this.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck WWE, Vince and their ilk.

Isn't he BFFs with Trump too? A bird of a feather and all.

Linda McMahon is Trump's Administrator of the Small Business Administration. She's part of Trump's cabinet.

They are all in the same crime family.

They're all enablers and pieces of shit. Morally bankrupt to the last penny of their souls.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow lowlife to the fullest,I'm not watching anymore Wwe,done for good. Will stick with watching my oldschool ECW DVDs from now on.

Feb 3, 2018
Here is a gif that everyone who hates Vince can really appreciate
source.gif

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Both are fucking worthless organizations. People that still support Vince after all these years are such fucking scum.

To some of those people be fair I don't think most people who engage with the WWE understand all this is going on

Hopefully more things alert more people to such awful practices like this, and the whole lack of health insurance, and the myriad of other issues

Oct 25, 2017
It's strange, if this were a story about a movie producer covering up the rape of an actress on his watch, they'd be in for a Weinstein-esque take down, but its almost like professional wrestling operates on this weird underbelly of popular culture, where everybody's perception is that wrestling is already so low, the general public just assumes these are all juiced up meatheads employed by bloodthirsty carnies, that it almost allows them so skate on things like this.
Kinda feel like it's the opposite. This kind of thing happens a -lot- in Hollywood and nothing ever, ever comes of it

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To some of those people be fair I don't think most people who engage with the WWE understand all this is going on

Hopefully more things alert more people to such awful practices like this, and the whole lack of health insurance, and the myriad of other issues

And then you have people, like some of the posters of Wrestling Era, that are full aware of all that and that right now are saying that this was a decent raw or that "X" match was awesome. People that just do not care.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i already hated vince but now i hate him even more.

nobody loves the company or the man or the people who run it, they just like the story and the spectacle. Anyone can provide that. They just need to bump him and Linda and their company off. Of course now they've insulated themselves with the Us government and the Saudi royalty....that's such a weird thing to type out.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
And then you have people, like some of the posters of Wrestling Era, that are full aware of all that and that right now are saying that this was a decent raw or that "X" match was awesome. People that just do not care.
Yup, those same people who are commenting about Raw in the wrestling thread are nowhere to be found in this thread.

Funny how that works out, isn't it?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Then again this is how it's always been with WWE these past 10 years or so when it comes to reports like this and whatnot. Vince is trash and we've known for decades but dude keeps sliding by somehow to the point where it's crazy. It'll take something far more insane to get him outta here if that Saudi stuff didn't do it.

I don't even know what'll do it. He'll probably slide by until he passes and then, and only then, will all the stuff come to light.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind people watching WWE. Obviously not all the people who work there are bad, but it's a privately owned company and that makes it much different. If you are supporting the WWE in any way at all, you're supporting Vince.

I can only hope that something like AEW takes off so people can ditch this shithole company.

Nov 2, 2017
This isn't just a wrestling story. sexual abuse that goes on in the military is much much higher than I think most people realize. I personally know a girl who was drugged and basically gangbanged and people knew about it and basically shrugged shoulders and attributed it to her being a freak and alcohol and boys will be boys. Discusting

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
WWE is broken beyond repair. Instead of banning whatever anime game, ERA should just get rid of it.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a shit ton of heinous shit that's went down under McMahon watch. When it comes to their female talent, this is just the tip of a very huge ass iceberg.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine this happening to a lot of military members. Women and men are raped constantly in the military and nothing is done about it. It's sickening.

https://www.gq.com/story/male-rape-in-the-military

This whole thing is sickening, this thread and also this story here. The military of every country covers up a lot of shit and nobody does anything to stop them. Someone in the UK was killed in the army by his fellow army personnel and it took a long time to come out and I can't even remember if anything happened to the people who did it.

The army seems to be above the law.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, absolutely disgusting. Fuck her colleagues for leaving her there overnight too.

Fuck anyone who continues to support the WWE after this, Vince is a monster.

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing is sickening, this thread and also this story here. The military of every country covers up a lot of shit and nobody does anything to stop them. Someone in the UK was killed in the army by his fellow army personnel and it took a long time to come out and I can't even remember if anything happened to the people who did it.

The army seems to be above the law.
They absolutely are. There's nothing people can do about any military, either, regardless of country.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I get it, a few bad apples ruin the bunch, but it's not everyone in the military. The service members who were involved need to be completely wiped, full on military justice and civilian justice system have to make sure they won't see the light of day for this.
But they won't. Because the MILITARY will protect them. So, fuck the military.