• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raptor Jesus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WARNING: Inflammatory comment / Trolling (denying the existence of white supremacists)
Anyone can claim anything. These mythical 'white supremacists' are just trolls and know how to play the gullible media ( and people) like a fiddle.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't that being a bit unfair to Wendy's - whomever does the Twitter account is an idiot and posts an alt-right Meme doesn't mean the owner of Wendy's is a Trump-loving racist. Well being a racist is one thing, but aren't most billionaire's and CEOs (aside from Tim Cook) of various companies whose products we like to use, are all Trump/Republican supporters because they want lower taxes for themselves and their corporations?
Exactly. Won't stop me from getting a Classic with Cheese when I'm in the mood for one.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. Dominoes is probably the worst pizza i've had ever. And it doesn't even come with a pepperoncini pepper on the side, like Papa John's does.

That one pepper they throw in is gross. It's not even fresh out of the brine. You can go to Habit Burger and get an unlimited number of plump pickled pepperoncini peppers for free.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So y'all just gonna let this one slide cause you hate Papa John's? Is that not a dangerous precedent to set? Just letting Nazis claim whatever they like in 2017?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, what you should be going after is the CEO's comments.

Something doesn't just become Nazi because a Nazi claims it.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So y'all just gonna let this one slide cause you hate Papa John's? Is that not a dangerous precedent to set? Just letting Nazis claim whatever they like in 2017?
Normally. Considering who the owner of Papa Johns is though and the type of things he's said and supports and thus type of person you're giving money to if you eat there anyway, I'm fine with them having this one. They want him and want to claim him as one of "their own"? They can keep him, then, 'cause I sure don't.

Oct 31, 2017
Guys, what you should be going after is the CEO's comments.

Something doesn't just become Nazi because a Nazi claims it.

seems like the CEO's comments encouraged the nazi's to endorse his pizza

one response lead the the other

people were already dogging Papa John's because of his stance so the nazi decided to stick up for them. fuck em both

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dang it... I like Wendy's. However, I refuse to support any white supremacist shit. Papa Johns is easily the worst pizza on the market today. So no loss there.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
seems like the CEO's comments encouraged the nazi's to endorse his pizza

one response lead the the other

people were already dogging Papa John's because of his stance so the nazi decided to stick up for them. fuck em both

Okay, fair enough. Just don't go screaming at your local Papa John's delivery driver for this.

Oct 31, 2017
Okay, fair enough. Just don't go screaming at your local Papa John's delivery driver for this.

I don't think the people who are saying Papa John's is mediocre/bad and that's the real reason their sales are down instead of the NFL's protest controversy is going to order it for delivery anytime soon but your concern for their drivers is noted

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Their sales will continue to plummet. I'll take Dominos or just make my own for the amount they charge, and I don't have to use garlic sauce for my other choices to be edible.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Normally I don't go in for guilt by association, but the Papa John's guy is a piece of shit in his own right, so fuck him.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that is pretty hilarious, a pizza from a company funded by a terrible human being is being consumed by terrible human beings, truly fitting

Deleted member 11501

Permanently banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't that being a bit unfair to Wendy's - whomever does the Twitter account is an idiot and posts an alt-right Meme doesn't mean the owner of Wendy's is a Trump-loving racist. Well being a racist is one thing, but aren't most billionaire's and CEOs (aside from Tim Cook) of various companies whose products we like to use, are all Trump/Republican supporters because they want lower taxes for themselves and their corporations?
I don't think anyone here is saying Wendy's is any worse than any other company. They really didn't open the door in the racist way papa john did.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
You dream of 4700+ people losing their jobs ?

Exactly my point. Papa John's may have good food or terrible food, but it is a chain restaurant that is on a local level not very much subject to the whims of its CEO. I would imagine that some of those employees are African American as well.

This CEO guy will make out just fine with or without his job, but for a struggling person who depends on a pizza restaurant to live, I imagine it's not so easy.

Deleted member 13037

lol if this leads to papa john himself getting ousted from his own company

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that it may be dangerous to just let Nazis claim whatever we don't like for whatever reason. Doesn't that empower them even more? By giving them an "Official" outlet to latch on to?
Something has to be worth fighting for, after PJ's owner comments this week I for one can't see why I should support the brand. Plenty of non racist pizza out there

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone can claim anything. These mythical 'white supremacists' are just trolls and know how to play the gullible media ( and people) like a fiddle.

I personally know someone who has gone from flirting with racism to being a full on conspiracy theory alt righter trump supporter culture warrior that want a white ethnostate. This is not me putting words in his mouth, those are his own.

PlanetKiller

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The best thing about Papa Johns' Pizza isn't their pizza, it's their garlic butter dipping sauce. I used to get them when I live in the NYC area, but now that I am in Northern California, I can't get them here.