• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Ok boomer

Votes: 838 95.0%
  • Ok Millenial

Votes: 44 5.0%

• Total voters

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not a snowflake like you millennials"
-Proceeds to deadass write and publish an article because they are so defensive about people not respecting boomers

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
What is the criteria for greatness here? Because if it is "riding the coattails of your parents all the way to positions of power in society and then fucking everything up once you get there" then I guess I would have to agree with that headline.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
lol they can't be the greatest generation we already have the greatest generation they're called the greatest generation
They've always been envious of the title, it's why they fought against their parents... and now that the ACTUAL greatest generation is mostly dead, boomers think they can claim it by fighting with their kids and grandkids. What a load of shit.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Other hits from this author include:
"Biden/Yang? Sanders/Gabbard? Running Mates That Could Rally Divided Dems"
"Is Corporate Social Responsibility Really a Good Thing?"

and

"Trump is the Most Principled President in Over a Century"
No fucking w-

www.google.com

Trump is the Most Principled President in Over a Century.

The fact many don't like Trump's five core principles—self-enrichment, protectionism, alt-xenophobia, isolationism and allegiance to family above all—doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

I FUCKING-

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
lmao the actual article is hilarious, it completely ignores basics like housing prices skyrocketing in favor of Steven Pinker type "oh but you can buy an iphone now so it's all fine" takes.

And at least half the article is talking about things experienced by entirely different generations, like WW2 and the Great Depression.

lol wealthy older people are the most triggered demographic on earth

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The more they fight the more foolish they become.

The future is now, boomers.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you could definitely argue that the cold war was an existential threat, but it's also one that literally only people in positions of high power could directly interact with. The average American boomer wasn't doing shit about the cold war or really interacting with it much in their day to day lives outside of maybe being very afraid during a handful of major crises. It's really not the same as stuff like automation, climate change, and the like which have major impacts on people's ability to get by day to day and directly affect lifestyle choices

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine your generation getting its name because WW2 made your dads horny

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That cover photo is the saddest rip off of American Gothic I've ever seen

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No fucking w-

www.google.com

Trump is the Most Principled President in Over a Century.

The fact many don't like Trump's five core principles—self-enrichment, protectionism, alt-xenophobia, isolationism and allegiance to family above all—doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

I FUCKING-
The principles he ascribes to Trump are "self-enrichment, protectionism, alt-xenophobia, isolationism and allegiance to family above all." It's not a compliment

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
esqwob-xsaaazglfyj8g.jpg

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
"None of those happened. Know why? Because we dealt with them, that's why. "

Ok boomer

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The principles he ascribes to Trump are "self-enrichment, protectionism, alt-xenophobia, isolationism and allegiance to family above all." It's not a compliment
That's like saying Hitler was principled and he stuck to his principles. Most racists aren't principled enough to commit genocide, but that Hitler, man was he principled in genociding millions of people.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
boomers "dealt" with the AIDS crisis by criminalizing AIDS. and communism is great. go away boomers

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Taxes are much lower now than they were in 1969. Overall, things are cheaper. While health care and education costs have risen faster than inflation, many everyday items have become much less expensive. A round trip New York–London air ticket cost $550 back then, about what it costs now. But once inflation is considered, that $550 ticket would cost over $3,700 in today's dollars. The cheapest color TVs cost the equivalent of $3,000, which is why only one in three homes owned one.

Sure, you may spend the next 20 years struggling with student loan debt, die from a preventable illness, or lose your home through medical bankruptcy, but look how cheap color TVs are now!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
That "OK Boomer" meme really got under peoples skins lol.

Crazy how sensitive they are about it considering their past time of writing article after article about how our generation ruined everything from fucking fabric softener to the diamond industry.

We stopped ignoring them for .2 seconds, turned around and tossed a meme their direction LAST YEAR or so and they are still melting down over it.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I wouldn't even have a problem with Boomers if they didn't vote against the interests of progress but by and large they vote with a conservative mindset and keep the status quo as it is.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
When Im older I will be so happy that younger smarter people will be running things and not me...(hopefully)

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife had a subscription to Newsweek 15 years ago, we ended up canceling it because it was nothing but boomer garbage all the time.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Even the few points they do make which are fair, like the activism of the 60s, forgets that they let that slip away and decided "better" was good enough. That's the worst part about the boomer generation. They didn't start bad, but over their lives a huge portion of that generation turned on everything they originally believed in to become completely self interested jerks. They adopted the greed is good mindset of the 80s and ran with it. Obviously not all, but far too many. It's why so many of us who are millenials grew up hearing that everyone starts out liberal, but you'll get more conservative as you get older. There's nothing inherent about that, in fact, millenials are doing it in far lower numbers. That's just what they did.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Did Boomers kill Hilter through some sort of pre-conception time machine paradox or something?

Even the few points they do make which are fair, like the activism of the 60s, forgets that they let that slip away and decided "better" was good enough. That's the worst part about the boomer generation. They didn't start bad, but over their lives a huge portion of that generation turned on everything they originally believed in to become completely self interested jerks. They adopted the greed is good mindset of the 80s and ran with it. Obviously not all, but far too many. It's why so many of us who are millenials grew up hearing that everyone starts out liberal, but you'll get more conservative as you get older. There's nothing inherent about that, in fact, millenials are doing it in far lower numbers. That's just what they did.

60s activism also leaves out that that was Silent Gen/Oldest boomers doing that activism, and they were still the exception rather than the rule.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it does sound like being a boomer is probably the greatest generation to be
...because they got to coast on the prosperity created by their predecessors and consume the fruits of that labor without planting anything for the future themselves. So in that sense, yeah that sounds pretty great.

But that's not what they meant when they wrote this masturbatory ego trip.