• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome o.O
Very good to see Nintendo being healthy again business wise. I was kinda worried after wii u silly i know but glad to eat crow for that.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
i'm going to be that guy and say that Newzoo is 'estimating' some of the software and hardware splits. So whilst the general trends are correct, don't read too much into the specific % splits themselves.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Dat jump from 3.4B to 9.2B!!

Very happy for them! Switch is great little machine and (so far) has a great library to go with it! Hopefully in 4-5 years time, this statement remains true! :D

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
What's the percent increase on top supposed to be? The Nintendo one doesn't correspond to anything as far as I can tell.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Year on Year growth.

How so? Newzoo is a legitimate market research firm.

Their ranking chart doesn't have q4. But their nintendo chart seemingly does?
Does Microsoft 's chart include minecraft? Does sony' s include fate go? Its just odd to see so many specific comparisons based on quarterly reports? estimates. Is q4 by any chance not jan-march?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Their ranking chart doesn't have q4. But their nintendo chart seemingly does?
Does Microsoft 's chart include minecraft? Does sony' s include fate go? Its just odd to see so many specific comparisons based on quarterly reports? estimates. Is q4 by any chance not jan-march?

1. Because not all companies have released Q4 data yet (Oct - Dec '17)
2. It includes minecraft
3. No, FGO is not part of Sony's game division. It has never been a part of Sony's game division.
4. Q4 is Oct to Dec.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
What's the percent increase on top supposed to be? The Nintendo one doesn't correspond to anything as far as I can tell.
I assume it´s a growth year by year
It literally says "2016-2017 Growth" next to the percentage on the graph itself. No need to assume.

You can also verify this mathematically quite easily:
(9.2/3.4 - 1)*100% = 171%
The 1% difference is due to precision.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
- Sony is hitting 20 billion sooner rather than later.
- Nintendo will keep growing as Switch keeps on selling.
- Microsoft doing great even with Xbox being in a very bad state in Europe and Japan.

Overall, great results.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
2018 numbers will be really high if they hit or exceed their Switch target and score a couple of mobile hits. They will also start the subscription service so 2019 will probably put them very high on the list.