• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boom

According to some sources:

- Set in a new-to-franchise isolated dystopian city
- Unreal Engine 5
- Developed by Irrational Games veterans and people who worked on Watch Dogs: Legion, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Mafia 3, Deus Ex: MD - Announcement Q1 2022

This is one of my favorite franchises of all time. Hope they're able to continue making a world as memorable as Rapture with iconic characters like Andrew Ryan!

Edit: The same leaker posted what seems to be a slide from a presentation pitch for the game

Last edited:

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Isolated dystopian city? hmm doesn't sound so interesting and unique... But let's see, hopefully the setting is unique and fun, which is the main draw of the series, alongside the writing (for the first two at least).

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I hope its not retro inspired and they go sci Fi or something. With a million million parallel universes, I don't want another art deco old timey setting.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of the source you linked. Are they reputable? The one leaking it has 88 followers on Twitter lol

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing space or like underground or something
Both less interesting than what we've already had but what can you do

OP
OP
BarnabyJones

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard of the source you linked. Are they reputable? The one leaking it has 88 followers on Twitter lol

Almost feels like a burner account for sure, but multiple leakers that I follow have posted about this now like Okami Games who's been around and is reputable. Either way, it's fun to speculate and it's been too long without hearing anything about the next game so this is exciting for me!

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Also says Q1 2022 reveal but the game awards is around the corner and previously bioshocks have had premieres there

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in day one. It's my favorite series and I've waited almost 9 years for a new one ;____;

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
As long as it's nothing like BioShock Infinite, I'm totally down. Loved 1 and 2 (1 is a masterpiece), hated Infinite.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Look this isn't fucking rocket science. Nobody wants a new city. We want RAPTURE.

giphy.gif

We had plenty of Rapture. I want something new.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Space does seem like the next logical step, and it would be a cool setting if done right. Zero G, make it very prey-like. It could work. Space is also very isolated.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Space does seem like the next logical step, and it would be a cool setting if done right. Zero G, make it very prey-like. It could work. Space is also very isolated.
I was thinking either this, or (an idea I read about some years back) some kind of underground mining city. Might be cool.

Sep 14, 2018
That Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite left a real bad taste in my mouth and the game as a whole but especially that DLC kinda made me not care about the series anymore. Maybe now that Ken Levine won't be a part of it, it will be better? It would have to be something really great to pull me back after that.

Same thing happened to me with Fire Emblem Fates and Mass Effect 3.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I will hard pass if it is space, nothing they do will surpass System Shock 2. I want something truly creative if they are bringing the series back after almost a decade.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I really dig the vertically mirrored cities idea, could be very interesting if done right.

Vertically discriminating cities isn't a whole new idea in video games: Deus Ex: Invisible War and Human Revolution both had this, as well as KotOR 1. But I think the idea that the two cities are in open conflict could make this very different.

It also sounds like it would be a heavy-handed first-world/third-world parable, but we'll see. I just hope the politics of the game aren't as wishy-washy "they're both bad actually" like BioShock Infinite.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I think people will be disappointed in the setting no matter what they choose. They already did two of the most interesting settings: under the sea and in the sky. Taking it to space or "underground" wouldn't be exciting enough. I just hope the core gameplay is good because Infinite was several step backs in that regard