• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
For nearly a year now there have been some teasers about the next FNAF game featuring a new Totally Radical!™ setting and "Glamrock" animatronics for a while now, but thanks to some Funko merch for the game being accidentally leaked on Amazon, Instagram, and Toywiz, we finally have a proper look at some of the... interesting new character designs and names as well as the game's official title of "FNAF PizzaPlex".

97cpuehkcqu41.jpg

gg32reqgu7u41.jpg

In addition, the Toywiz page (which has since been taken down) listed the release date of the merch as August, so we can presumably expect to see a release date for the game confirmed sometime around then, or perhaps even a trademark Scott Cawthon shadowdrop.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to finally see something from this game. I also like how friendly and cute they look; guess when you've done the Nightmare and Scrapped iterations there's nowhere else to go lol.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the lore drops in help wanted. I want to know what is next story wise
Nice to finally see something from this game. I also like how friendly and cute they look; guess when you've done the Nightmare and Scrapped iterations there's nowhere else to go lol.
The scrapped were all burned. Wonder what happened to those nightmares though.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
This game and series is super popular of course, but I feel like it should be a lot more popular than it is. It had a time in the mainstream but now it's like hot topic niche for some reason. Where's the movie???

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the lore drops in help wanted. I want to know what is next story wise

From what I understand, the Vannie referred to in that merch listing is Vanessa, the protagonist from Help Wanted who managed to stop Glitchtrap/William Afton from stealing her body by turning him into a plush but is still under enough of his influence that she plans to go out and start some more mayhem in his place as a rabbit mask-wearing "Reluctant Follower". Could be some interesting stuff in store.

latest

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I wonder if their going to change much up from how the game plays.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
This game and series is super popular of course, but I feel like it should be a lot more popular than it is. It had a time in the mainstream but now it's like hot topic niche for some reason. Where's the movie???

The movie was at Warner Brothers, then it moved to Blumhouse, then Scott threw out the first script because he thought of a better one. Once it does come out I expect another explosion in popularity... and merch.

I wonder if their going to change much up from how the game plays.

It's not exactly clear whether this is another game from Scott or if this is the second project of Steel Wool Studios, who have been confirmed to be working on another FNAF game after Help Wanted. If it's the latter, I expect it would be fully 3D and thus a lot more ambitious than games made in Clickteam Fusion, although I'm not sure if they'd have the time/manpower to be doing this since they're also working on non-VR Switch and Xbone ports of Help Wanted. Even if it's a Scott game it could be pretty different considering how much Sister Location and Pizzeria Simulator shook things up.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm asking the wrong question i mean. I understand they were illusions created by those weird disks. I just kinda wanted to know what robots they were on, like fun times?
Seems to me they were twisted versions of the refurbished/"original" animatronics going by their design, which I'm guessing places 4 after 2 in some capacity.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand, the Vannie referred to in that merch listing is Vanessa, the protagonist from Help Wanted who managed to stop Glitchtrap/William Afton from stealing her body by turning him into a plush but is still under enough of his influence that she plans to go out and start some more mayhem in his place as a rabbit mask-wearing "Reluctant Follower". Could be some interesting stuff in store.

latest
That's my confusion, i thought this took place in the 80's. The new game, Fannie's deal is modern day. So does this place take in modern day?

If fnaf just introduced it's most unrealistic premise
Modern day kids going to a mall

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Tho I gotta say I'm a fan of the one on the right in that pic.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Seems to me they were twisted versions of the refurbished/"original" animatronics going by their design, which I'm guessing places 4 after 2 in some capacity.
Then who were nightmare fredbear and nightmare's bases for the illusions. I guess we will never know? Fnaf 4 is just question city. Like we still dont know why william was doing that to his own kid

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Then who were nightmare fredbear and nightmare's bases for the illusions. I guess we will never know? Fnaf 4 is just question city. Like we still dont know why william was doing that to his own kid
Fredbear is obviously based on the Golden Freddy suit that's performing, and Nightmare just seems like an even more fucked up version of Golden Freddy, which makes sense since he was the one that bit the kid.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Fredbear is obviously based on the Golden Freddy suit that's performing, and Nightmare just seems like an even more fucked up version of Golden Freddy, which makes sense since he was the one that bit the kid.
Maybe they just kinda always seemed more than that. Because of the weird ass noises they make when they get you

Back then, I just took it as " well the bit kid died so he became fredbear" but they when they revealed the illusion disks I and some book details, it isn't clear actually which son was being attacked. Then they revealed that fredbear is " the one you shouldn't have killed" so in combination with that weird ass noise i have been just kind of curious was fredbear in fnaf 4 special in some regard. But I guess it doesn't matter too much

Espically when baloon boy's unexplained ass continues to exist

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc the creator said multiple time the previous game would be the last one, and yet they keep coming haha.
Still somewhat interested even though I never played those.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they just kinda always seemed more than that. Because of the weird ass noises they make when they get you

Back then, I just took it as " well the bit kid died so he became fredbear" but they when they revealed the illusion disks I and some book details, it isn't clear actually which son was being attacked. Then they revealed that fredbear is " the one you shouldn't have killed" so in combination with that weird ass noise i have been just kind of curious was fredbear in fnaf 4 special in some regard. But I guess it doesn't matter too much

Espically when baloon boy's unexplained ass continues to exist
Are the illusion disks "a thing" in the games? I know the books are canon in the sense that they are naturally endoresed by Scott, but are they actually informing us directly of what's going on in the games as well?

Even so, "the one you should not have killed" is one of Afton's victims- Cassidy- who goes on to possess Golden Freddy and is the only ghost who's OG enough to want perpetual revenge, so it couldn't be the crying child anyway. I also don't think Scott had Cassidy in mind when 4 released; I think he makes up shit to fill in the holes and add even more questions after the fact. But in general Golden Freddy since the beginning has also just been the odd kid out to up the tension, so I think Scott uses it to on a whim whenever he wants that "but wait, there's more" factor in the games.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still want my Five Nights at Freddy's Five: Nights at Freddy's goddam it.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Are the illusion disks "a thing" in the games? I know the books are canon in the sense that they are naturally endoresed by Scott, but are they actually informing us directly of what's going on in the games as well?

Even so, "the one you should not have killed" is one of Afton's victims- Cassidy- who goes on to possess Golden Freddy and is the only ghost who's OG enough to want perpetual revenge, so it couldn't be the crying child anyway. I also don't think Scott had Cassidy in mind when 4 released; I think he makes up shit to fill in the holes and add even more questions after the fact. But in general Golden Freddy since the beginning has also just been the odd kid out to up the tension, so I think Scott uses it to on a whim whenever he wants that "but wait, there's more" factor in the games.
The books aren't "canon" in the traditional sense. Basically, concepts and events that happen in the book can happen in the game and vice versa. Those disks can actually be found in sister location but the meaning of them wasn't known until after they appeared in the books. Same thing with the pins in Baby.

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc the creator said multiple time the previous game would be the last one, and yet they keep coming haha.
Still somewhat interested even though I never played those.

Scott is a huge troll. He has "ended" the series multiple times, "cancelled" games multiple times, and missed the October 2015 release date of FNAF 4 by several months... by releasing it in July 2015.

That's my confusion, i thought this took place in the 80's. The new game, Fannie's deal is modern day. So does this place take in modern day?

If fnaf just introduced it's most unrealistic premise
Modern day kids going to a mall

I think so, it pretty much has to considering all the loose ends of the previous games were tied up in Pizzeria Simulator. No other time period for it to take place than post-Help Wanted.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The books aren't "canon" in the traditional sense. Basically, concepts and events that happen in the book can happen in the game and vice versa. Those disks can actually be found in sister location but the meaning of them wasn't known until after they appeared in the books. Same thing with the pins in Baby.
Well yeah, that's what I mean. We've seen those disks in the games, and the books use them for their own in-universe purpose, but what I'm asking is does the book's explanation now retroactively apply to the games, and vice versa for game concepts as applied to the books?

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah actually , you can see one exactly how its described in the book in sister location.

Yeah 4 is extra weird because 4 is where he essentially admitted he shifted gears because he didn't want to end on an unsatisfactory note.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah actually , you can see one exactly how its described in the book in sister location.

Yeah 4 is extra weird because 4 is where he essentially admitted he shifted gears because he didn't want to end on an unsatisfactory note.
The first 4 games tell a perfectly fine story, albeit 4 gets weird because of just how abstract everything is. Hell, 1, 2, and 3 alone tell a great story! What in the world did he find unsatisfactory? xDD

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
It seems there's been a twist - Scott posted to the FNAF subreddit saying that PizzaPlex is actually not the name of the game, that the leaked image is not final art, and confirmed that Steel Wool is developing.

So, I woke up to a barrage of upsetting emails.

For this fanbase, the day a major corporation spoiled the next major release of the FNAF franchise was the most important day of their lives. But for me, it was Friday.

But seriously, this is obviously very frustrating for me, but not that surprising anymore. It's just another day in the life of FNAF. It makes me really miss the days of just making everything myself and handling everything myself, because at least then I had someone I could trust, and even then, sometimes I'd let myself down by spoiling something!!!

I am sorry to everyone though. This isn't the way I wanted to introduce the characters. I wish they'd at least used the finished artwork, or even the finished concept art. Instead they uploaded a low-res, de-saturated, compressed, watermarked, thumbnail of concept art that they photoshopped together themselves. :P

Obviously, I'm disappointed, but trust me when I say that Steel Wool is on top of things. The game itself is looking amazing. :)

(BTW, PizzaPlex is not the name of the game.)

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

I always enjoy seeing what goes on in these games (even despite the like 3 separate endings) but man I clearly missed a lot of silly lore between the pizzaria game and now

The lore in these games gets so convoluted, it's great

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The movie was at Warner Brothers, then it moved to Blumhouse, then Scott threw out the first script because he thought of a better one. Once it does come out I expect another explosion in popularity... and merch.
Blumhouse? Wow, it actually has a chance to be profitable at BO, lower budget, and actually terrifying...

Leigh Whannell's FNAF? :v
James Wan's FNAF? :vv

Village

Oct 25, 2017
The first 4 games tell a perfectly fine story, albeit 4 gets weird because of just how abstract everything is. Hell, 1, 2, and 3 alone tell a great story! What in the world did he find unsatisfactory? xDD
It seems like the original intent of fnaf 4 was to imply all 4 games may have been the mental machinations of a dying child. With enough bread crumbs for fans who wanted things to be real they could have it their way. He figured pulling a Tommy westfall would be a bad idea. Then updated fnaf 4 to have other implications and then we went from William afton being a spooky murdermam to him being a man scientist

OP
OP
Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd give this a little bump as thanks to a copyright listing, the true title of the game appears to be Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach. According to the listing, it will also have VR functionality like Help Wanted.

mh1pvjl37yw41.png

8e022739a341859a93610e3e1b8bcb59.png

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Thought I'd give this a little bump as thanks to a copyright listing, the true title of the game appears to be Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach. According to the listing, it will also have VR functionality like Help Wanted.

mh1pvjl37yw41.png

8e022739a341859a93610e3e1b8bcb59.png
Oh hell yeah. Still haven't tried Help Wanted because I'm not sure if my heart can take it, but VR is a perfect fit for the series.