• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So with the annoucement of psx not happening this year it's brought some speculation whether the next console is around the corner for sony. It made me think what happens if ps5 (or other name haha) will come out a year before the next-gen microsoft console. This could be a great advantage for xbox with more time to develop their console or will sony still be more dominate with their game line up. I thought i'd ask what do you prefer? A great line up of consoles or a more powerful console?

We are already seeing this with xboxonex over ps4 but not sure if this mentaility will change it's offically the newest current gen console.

What do you think resetera? What do you think will be your main console sony's or microsoft's?

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
No idea. I will decide when they're announced with a full set of games, features and services.

But, if I'd to guess, it seems that Sony will still provide the kind of games I am more interested in.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After 3 gens of being only PS (and PC), I can't see much happening to change that combo.

But - should MS do something crazy and make a killer machine, I'm open to it.

There is also a very solid chance I'm PC only.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Well, I mean, Sony consoles have been my mains for many, many years.
I also have hundreds (if not thousands) of games in my PS Store library.
On top of that, they have a great 1st party lineup and good 3rd party focus.

Nintendo sells consoles, not because of their powerful internals, but because their games are pretty cool.
Same goes for Sony. Their games are pretty awesome and that is enough to get my purchase.

For all those reasons and many more that don't come to mind right now, I will go with Sony next time.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
If Microsoft continues with the Gamepass win-streak and gets their streaming gig off the ground, I very well may go back. Too early for me to tell though, I do also enjoy Sony exclusives.

In the end I'll end up getting all of the anyway, so meh.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Between Game Pass and Microsoft Rewards, I feel I will miss out if I don't have the Nextbox early on whereas the reason I play on Sony console is single-player exclusives. Single-player exclusives won't go anywhere, in fact they will only get better and cheaper, so I plan to buy the next Xbox at the start of next gen and the PS5 down the line.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I'll end up getting both most likely. I'll be waiting for a compelling game for each. This gen's launch titles were not exciting at all and it took over a year for me to get interested in XB1 or PS4. Third party multiplayer games I'll get wherever my friends are otherwise whichever is more powerful.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I've been PS user since beginning and don't see a reason to Switch. Their 1st party games has surpassed MS's already imo and that makes my decision even easier.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Locked due to there being so little information to base this thread off of. When more word of what the next batch of consoles will offer.
Feel free to make the thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.