• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will the first 'next gen' console be revealed?

• First half of 2019

Votes: 593 15.6%
  • Second half of 2019(let's say post E3)

Votes: 1,361 35.9%
  • First half of 2020

Votes: 1,675 44.2%
  • 2021 :^)

Votes: 161 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant21

Apr 24, 2018
I don't know. That controller is plausible. I would hope if it is real that the size/shape is because it has back buttons/paddles.

It can't be dismissed as fake easily but nothing can confirm it is real.
Like Anexanhume said, we need a pixel counter on this. Part of the reason the NX fakes were so hard to prove false was because the screen was never shown powered on. This one is, so seeing if its a render, or overlaid onto a physical fake should be possible.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This prob wont happen, but next box and ps5 releasing at different times would be ideal. It would be great if they are spread out, maybe one early 2020, another later 2020, idk

all i know is, both in november next year does not sound good to me

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the right edge of the screen is not filled while the left edge is, yea i will call it fake.
That just looks like the recessed housing for the screen to me the left side is in shadow so it looks darker than the right, but I don't see any issues with the fill of the screen.

If this is fake it's a damn good one.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like Anexanhume said, we need a pixel counter on this. Part of the reason the NX fakes were so hard to prove false was because the screen was never shown powered on. This one is, so seeing if its a render, or overlaid onto a physical fake should be possible.
True someone get on it quick .but I m in team 100% real.2 leaks .one screen of and another source with screen on .

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a case you could 3D print then pull parts from other controllers to make it look real.

The screen doesn't seem...real?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i think its less of a question of "is this screen photoshopped", and more of, "is this a digital render"

Feb 10, 2018
Seems like a case you could 3D print then pull parts from other controllers to make it look real.

The screen doesn't seem...real?

And if the fakers were really comited they could house an android SoC inside with a screen, and the PlayStation messaging app is just a photos shopped jpeg image loaded onto the android device.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I question what function that screen would truly serve? It's too small to type on it. Woukd the keyboard pop up there so it doesn't take up your actual game screen? Can it be used to view system level stuff like messages to again avoid taking up screen space?

I also question how much devs would actually use it? Baring a handful of exceptions the touchpad on the DS4 is essentially a map button and sometimes also a map cursor, but that's really it.

Feb 10, 2018
Come one devs and people in the know, if it's real say "ham and pineapple pizza is the best" if its fake say ham and pineapple pizza is the worst.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I question what function that screen would truly serve? It's too small to type on it. Woukd the keyboard pop up there so it doesn't take up your actual game screen? Can it be used to view system level stuff like messages to again avoid taking up screen space?

I also question how much devs would actually use it? Baring a handful of exceptions the touchpad on the DS4 is essentially a map button and sometimes also a map cursor, but that's really it.
i assume the idea is this is more for a second screen for the OS than in game menus,
if its real of course.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Dude It will be so useful for typing, this will be such a great help when playing MMOs and you need to type fast.

Imagine using it for getting into party chat? Like imagine if you have the game suspended your going something else, or playing a game on it like a retro game. ANd all of a sudden a message pops up saying: "Papacheeks want to play Destiny 3 with you, join party and from there you can turn on your PS5? Imagine if the system is in some kind of low power state and with that controller without turning on your tv or the system can go through manage downloads, messages, invites, all that stuff. Just like on the phone app. Imagine doing party chat through the controller? Like your in a chat sitting there playing a retro game on the coach off of the controller and talking to your friends.

Shit would be wild.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
if that's real then it definitely could be a notch in the backwards compatible column. that could easily double as a touch pad for PS4 games.

I really wonder how is it practical, to have second screen to look at while playing? I never notice color of the lightbar, be it new or old DS4.

Using it without TV or for context-dependent OS functionality is another case, of course.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
Even if it is real, it's not the final design of the controller. Dev kit controllers are purposely made fugly to hide the final design of the controller, imo.

Hope it's real and devs use the screen to add more to their games. Imagine playing RE8 and having the inventory always in full view on your controller..

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I really wonder how is it practical, to have second screen to look at while playing? I never notice color of the lightbar, be it new or old DS4.

Using it without TV or for context-dependent OS functionality is another case, of course.
i assume its usage is only for OS stuff rather than ingame.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I wonder if the leaked DS5 with the touchscreen is optional. Could it be bundled in? Would it impact the cost of the console if a $100 controller is included in the box? For those reasons, I think this is not real.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it lives!
10B07A7960C71C974010B5C3A9855E9CFF350A31

(i dont think its a cool idea, i believe it will be a nice gimmick that everybody will forget after the first year)

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
i assume its usage is only for OS stuff rather than ingame.
That makes it even less likely, in my opinion. I don't see Sony risking such a big change (that will likely come with a big price tag) just to make the UI a little easier to navigate. If that was the case, they'd be solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017

i can see it working fine. nothing game related and it turns off automatically to save battery when playing.

I'll tell you one thing though. I would much rather have pop-up notifications go to that screen instead of my TV and blocking vital info in the middle of playing.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems stupid enough to be a plausible real controller by Sony. Useless battery draining features that won't be used in gaming outside of a select few titles and OS features that won't be worth the price or battery drain.

Exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.