• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will the first 'next gen' console be revealed?

• First half of 2019

Votes: 593 15.6%
  • Second half of 2019(let's say post E3)

Votes: 1,361 35.9%
  • First half of 2020

Votes: 1,675 44.2%
  • 2021 :^)

Votes: 161 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
That screen looks way too small to type on, it'd also be awkward holding the controller while typing.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
i assume its usage is only for OS stuff rather than ingame.

That makes it even less likely, in my opinion. I don't see Sony risking such a big change (that will likely come with a big price tag) just to make the UI a little easier to navigate. If that was the case, they'd be solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Why should it only be "OS stuff"? current games use the touchpad in all kinds of ways. Even if it only shows some menu-shortcuts on the display; I see very little reason to flat-out deny this (especially given that earlier patent)

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the leaked DS5 with the touchscreen is optional. Could it be bundled in? Would it impact the cost of the console if a $100 controller is included in the box? For those reasons, I think this is not real.
A DS4 costs like $15 to make and sells for $60.

I doubt the screen, especially one this small, would add much more than another $15 at max to BOM. Including any additional low power processors to power functions.

I can see something like this, with a 2 to 3 inch 720p or maybe even less screen, costing like $30ish to make and $70 at retail, maybe $75

I wouldn't be surprised if games and controllers next gen go up to $69.99 standard in USA

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
ok, let us load up PS1 games into the controller and go mobile

Edit: one more pic
D2rDeqUWsAAAj3B.jpg:large

Last edited:

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Any clues what the two ports are on the 'bottom'? 3.5mm jack and USB3 maybe? Top seems to be a mini-USB same as the DS4 (maybe to just connect it to the devkit?)

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
So who's the actual source of this thing? I see earlier posts on 4chan.
Also, triangle is weird af.
Don't mind the cost and the battery life this thing will have.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
At this point in the game I don't even care if it's real or fake. I'm just enjoying the excitement. And maybe it's the current gen stagnation talking but I like this design, whatever it is.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
That's coming from the same guy who "leaked" Battletoads.

Context: He posted a picture of the store page for a Battletoads game back in 2015/2016. The description was pretty much just the wiki page for one of the cartoon episodes and it used a fanart version of the Battletoads logo. He is AFAIK not really credible.

Last edited:

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Any clues what the two ports are on the 'bottom'? 3.5mm jack and USB3 maybe? Top seems to be a mini-USB same as the DS4 (maybe to just connect it to the devkit?)
the DS4 already has those two ports on the bottom

Oh man.

Few things:

1. The VR/light sensor is split into two instead of one.
2. It's still using Micro USB? Yet the front looks like it's using USB C? Hmm... skeptical about this.
perhaps having two (IR?) sensors for VR will help tracking instead of a single light source.

Feb 26, 2018
So its a devkit controller. So it means the devkits are in the wild. So it means we will get some spec leaks
If its all real ofc

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
If the screen is real, I want the bottom right of the touch screen to turn the screen on/off and the bottom left to start a quick access menu. The devs can have the rest of the screen. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.