• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think could be the memory setup of your preferred console, or one of the new consoles?

• GDDR6

Votes: 566 41.0%
  • GDDR6 + DDR4

Votes: 540 39.2%
  • HBM2

Votes: 53 3.8%
  • HBM2 + DDR4

Votes: 220 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
If someone was going to the lengths of leaking a first party trailer, chances are they will leak the whole thing before Sunday

Only very few people in the MS camp will have the entirety of trailers and materials. I highly doubt any leaker will have access to everything.

They either have a video of the rehearsal or a high level plan of the conference in order to leak the entire MS press conference.

All the trailers are probably assembled in a room onsite in the final few days before E3, probably delivered physically on USB devices.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Only very few people in the MS camp will have the entirety of trailers and materials. I highly doubt any leaker will have access to everything.

They either have a video of the rehearsal or a high level plan of the conference in order to leak the entire MS press conference.
I don't mean just trailers, they could post a general synopsis of the entire show

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I'm interested in seeing how much detail Microsoft goes into their next generation consoles. I really have a hard time were going to see anything like the amount of RAM, Teraflops, or size of Storage. I expect about what Sony has announced for PS5, except with the addition of Lockhart and how it fits into the plan. I think they will focus more on XCloud than Scarlett. We'll see though.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I have to stain my deck on Sunday... I wouldn't mind everything leaking ahead of time. lol

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
OT: Did the new 6.71 PS4 FW just improve loading from SSD? I think it improved some seconds. Could they have already applied some nextgen-support?
At the same time I may have noticed lots of pop-in due to area loading too fast (Sekiro)

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure MS has their stuff locked down tight. This is all 3rd party stuff leaking.
When Bleeding Edge leaked, ZhugeEX confidently knew who will be presenting it onstage Sunday. He obviously has seen either video or a script of Microsoft's show. Which means other people have too.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been going back and forth with a coworker that it wouldn't shock me if the new Xbox releases this year. Only reason being is it's simply going to be an evolution on top of a growing family of instead of being a sectioned off box on it's own. Especially with how they seem committed to not having exclusive games to the new boxes for a good while. I'd love to play Gears 5 with next-gen specs while I wait for Halo Infinite.

I don't think itll happen I just don't see it as an impossibility.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Bleeding Edge leaked, ZhugeEX confidently knew who will be presenting it onstage Sunday. He obviously has seen either video or a script of Microsoft's show. Which means other people have too.
Not surprised. Schreier has posted on Reddit that he knows more than he posts on Kotaku, but feels that it wouldnt be fair to devs and publishers to spoil everything before the conference so he will only verify when it's leaked by someone else.

Think it's a good thing to do, and hey, it doesnt make sense to piss off your network of contacts.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I've been going back and forth with a coworker that it wouldn't shock me if the new Xbox releases this year. Only reason being is it's simply going to be an evolution on top of a growing family of instead of being a sectioned off box on it's own. Especially with how they seem committed to not having exclusive games to the new boxes for a good while. I'd love to play Gears 5 with next-gen specs while I wait for Halo Infinite.

It's impossible. The production would already be under testing and the games would be almost ready for release.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

I think you don't know how much of a difference having a ryzen CPU and an SSD is. That whole no exclusives thing s just nonsense. Come 202 you will see a lot of games exclusive to the new consoles.

Jdogg4089

Jan 28, 2019
That leak sounds pretty realistic, the only one he mentions with ray tracing is Forza & i always thought next gen ray tracing will be limited to stuff like reflections in racing games & not something like GI in Metro Exodus due to likely no HW accelerated RT, you would think a leaker would go a bit overboard & mention Halo will have RT or something.
$399 PS5 could happen too with those specs, Navi Lite being 8 TFLOPS & only 12GB's of GDDR6, sounds reasonable for that price.
If ram in next gen consoles is that low, may as well leave it at 8GB

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really mind the leaks since the one thing I actually care about formában MS is Halo Infinite. I have high hopes for it and I hope the PC version won't be a mess.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
So Gamesrader posted an article less than a day ago showing us 11 tech Demo's released recently that could be implemented into next gen consoles

Honestly i'm still mesmerised by the Frostbite hair demo, still blows my mind even though we've already seen and discussed it before, i's crazy how photo-realistic it is:

Though it could be too good to be true, i mean lets not forget how taxing The Witcher 3's infamous hairworks were to Nvidia gamers, just imagine what this kind of hair physics requires and can it be done on a next gen console?

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
Another one of my favourite demo's from that article is the "Unified interactive physical foliage" demo from developer Elliot Gray:

Now THIS is whats possible on a console with a powerful desktop-class CPU capable of performing a series of complicated physics and interactivity.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think 4K streaming will be popular anytime soon either way specially since 1080p option is just free. Most people won't bother with the 4K sub. You can't beat free and then there are bandwidth limitations so why even bother. If you're streaming to a Pixel phone or a chromebook you can't really take advantage of the 4K HDR stream. It's only good for TVs and you probably just use a console for that if you care about PQ.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of streaming:

Pretty much expected if next gen consoles aren't coming until late 2020. I imagine it'll be the same for Sony, whether the Azure partnership goes through or not.

Also, was just thinking of all this talk about quickly loading assets and now I want an Antman game! Let me go from the size of an ant to Human sized to Giantman in the blink of an eye with fully realized and detailed worlds at each scale and no visible loading times.

If not Antman then something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much expected if next gen consoles aren't coming until late 2020. I imagine it'll be the same for Sony, whether the Azure partnership goes through or not.

Also, was just thinking of all this talk about quickly loading assets and now I want an Antman game! Let me go from the size of an ant to Human sized to Giantman in the blink of an eye with fully realized and detailed worlds at each scale and no visible loading times.

If not Antman then something like that.
Between this and the Dr Strange idea, I now have this image in my head of next-gen hardware helping to make Marvel games more authentic, lol.

Enhanced CPU for better animations for Black Widow's hand to hand combat, better physics for Scarlet Witch's powers.

SSD speeds to improve traversal for Spidey's webslinging, Iron Man's flight speeds, Dr Strange's portals, Thor's Bifrost, ultrafast asset replacement for Ant-Man's size changes, full detail binocular zoom for Hawkeye's aiming.

...Ray tracing and advanced CPU combined to track Captain America's shield throws.

tumblr_o7z0i1smr51rxpq74o3_r1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.