• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think could be the memory setup of your preferred console, or one of the new consoles?

• GDDR6

Votes: 566 41.0%
  • GDDR6 + DDR4

Votes: 540 39.2%
  • HBM2

Votes: 53 3.8%
  • HBM2 + DDR4

Votes: 220 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Oop. Well can we please stop taking nebulous executive comments and 'insiders' leaking things about performance goals too seriously from now on... if we have a repeat of what happened prior to the previous gen's announcements, we should surely learn our lesson the second time.
Yeah, the leaks bave ben a disaster.
"Insiders" kept claiming that MS would wipe The floor stih Sony. After watching this... MS doesn't look too hot.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Who started the stupid Vega rumours anyway. so god damn dumb.

But no specs is annoying, looks like more waiting.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Oop. Well can we please stop taking nebulous executive comments and 'insiders' leaking things about performance goals too seriously from now on... if we have a repeat of what happened prior to the previous gen's announcements, we should surely learn our lesson the second time.
"Insiders" kept claiming that MS would wipe The floor stih Sony. Akter th

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So ps5 might at the end , end up more pwoerful than Scarlett??
12 TF dream not dead yet for PS fans

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Conference was mediocre overall, but I was disappointed in the Xbox Scarlet news. The only thing we learned was a confirmation on GDDR6 and SSD used as a cache.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So ps5 might at the end , end up more pwoerful than Scarlett??
12 TF dream not dead yet for PS fans

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
"Insiders" kept claiming that MS would wipe The floor stih Sony. After watching this... MS doesn't look too hot.

And most importantly 2 skus, the weaker one would have been weaker than Xbox One X. Imagine how such console would hamper an entire generation. Even if Nintendo releases a next-gen console it would be stronger than that what those many presumed for the Lockheart.

I never believed the rumors about the weaker sku.

Oct 27, 2017
That was a great conference for games shown but yeah that Scarlett reveal was weird. Halo looked nice but it didn't blow me away and it didn't look like gameplay unless I'm mistaken.

TheInsider

Banned
Jun 9, 2019
MS reveal nothing but a load of boring cinematics along with such gems as 'the combination of SSD and a solid state drive'.

Congrats Microsoft, you've just indicated that you wish to lose next gen as hard as you have this one.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
And most importantly 2 skus, the weaker one would have been weaker than Xbox One X. Imagine how such console would hamper an entire generation. Even if Nintendo releases a next-gen console it would be stronger than that what those many presumed for the Lockheart.

I never believed the rumors about the weaker sku.

But that was literally the only thing every "insider" kept parroting. This is worse than last gen.

One other thing that I think is very important is that yet again we have a proof that MS' trillion $ war chest doesn't mean they'll be more powerful because, unlike what many posters here think, they're not in this business to lose money. MS doesn't and never had a special hardware team that can deliver ore than what Sony does at a similar price point.

Status
Not open for further replies.