• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Your post makes no sense at all. You expect MS to have a console for the same price as Sony but with -2 TFlops of power? If it's the same price range you can bet both consoles will be within 0.5 Tflops of each other. At 8.5Tflops I'd expect MS to price it at 399$ and PS5 at 499$ if it was above 10 going by your suggestion.

MS will have a stronger CPU (sram + more clock), more secret sauces (VRS), and cloud related silicon. Those don't come free.

Balance doesn't come cheap.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
What does 40 active CUs at 2.0 GHz get us in RDNA Flops? *and vs* comparable, equivalent Flops in GCN 1.1 or whatever GCN was in OG 2013 PS4 and Xbox One.
(i.e a GCN GOU gen or 2 before Polaris)
(rock bottom scenario)

At the same 2GHz clockspeed, what do we get (in RDNA TFs) whenwe try the following *active* CU counts: (vs 2013 console GCN 1.1x TF)

44 CUs
48 CUs
52 CUs

Then also try, at 1.8 GHz
54 CUs
56 CUs

Then at 1.6 GHz try
60 CUs
64 CUs

And finally, try 1.2 and 1.4 GHz
with 72 active CUs (80 on die, 8 disabled)

I'll bet the PS5 GPU is one of the above combinations of clock speeds and active CU counts.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
What does 40 active CUs at 2.0 GHz get us in RDNA Flops? *and vs* comparable, equivalent Flops in GCN 1.1 or whatever GCN was in OG 2013 PS4 and Xbox One.
(rock bottom scenario)

At the same 2GHz clockspeed, what do we get (in RDNA TFs) whenwe try the following *active* CU counts: (vs 2013 console GCN 1.1x TF)

44 CUs
48 CUs
52 CUs

54 CUs
56 CUs

Then at 1.6 GHz try
60 CUs
64 CUs

I'll bet the PS5 GPU is one of the above combinations of clock speeds and active CU counts.
40 CUs at 2 ghz: 40 * 2000 * 128 = 10.24 tflops

You can use the same equation for the rest.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017

The Zen 2 CPUs, RAM increases, and solid state storage is going to provide such a huge leap for the next generation. Sure, GPU power may only moderately increase from the Xbox One X, but the CPU, RAM, and SSD are going to allow developers to create massive worlds with close to zero loading, along with more complex AI and dynamic systems.

It's really going to be a massive jump.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
With what we got so far (let's call them infos), there is a very high possibility the PS5 is hardware is capable of doing RT in 4K (or near 4K or checkerboard or sth like DLSS or VRS). That is if you take ito consideration the low level API and the fact that devs will solely optimise a game for the same platform and not multiple GPUs and hardwares.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Do you guys think that the average PS5/Scarlett AAA game in 2022 and on will have gameplay graphics in par with the Unreal Engine 4 Infiltrator demo, at 1800p cb rendering 60fps (and NO raytracing), with that level of detail?

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(rock bottom scenario)

44 CUs
48 CUs
52 CUs

54 CUs
56 CUs

Then at 1.6 GHz try
60 CUs
64 CUs

Formula is pretty simple. you can do it yourself.

# of CUs * 2 * 64 * Clockspeed = x tflops

So 44 CU * 2 * 64 * 2.0 ghz = 11.26 tflops.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
They both use the same chip and will both be similar prices. Can't see how either console will be that much quicker than the other given that. Maybe a better cooling solution could help you overclock a bit more but it will be minimal.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Do you guys think that the average PS5/Scarlett AAA game in 2022 and on will have gameplay graphics in par with the Unreal Engine 4 Infiltrator demo, at 1800p cb rendering 60fps (and NO raytracing), with that level of detail?

You know that most of the Infiltrator demo stuff is just smoke and mirrors and everything is baked or halfly done right and nothing in it is groudnbreaking? For example the explosion yous ee at the end of the video is just a an explosion created in Houdini VFX program and imported as a canned animation and not a real time one, and not just that but only half of it is displayed on screen (yes it was cut in half) and sometimes just a quarter of it according to angles of the directed video. Same for other details. In fact most of the tech used in that video is alreay youtdaetd and already surpassed by the current UE4 versions and recenetly released UE4 games.
It's not real tech here you are talking with bro, just a pure wow nostalgia you got from that period tha did affect your objective evaluation of things.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
They both use the same chip and will both be similar prices. Can't see how either console will be that much quicker than the other given that. Maybe a better cooling solution could help you overclock a bit more but it will be minimal.
They don't use the same chip, they use the same architecture.
That means they could go to different GPU and (to a lesser extent) CPU parts.
One might go with more compute units and lower GPU clocks while the other goes with less CU and instead clocks the GPU higher.

Feb 10, 2018
They don't use the same chip, they use the same architecture.
That means they could go to different GPU and (to a lesser extent) CPU parts.
One might go with more compute units and lower GPU clocks while the other goes with less CU and instead clocks the GPU higher.

It will be interesting to see the difference in ray tracing hardware or amount of it.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tested my 1080ti in Aida64 gpgpu bench out of curiosity, 13.5 tf with modest clocks, 2080ti is going to be in the 17+ range with standard boost clocks. The official Nvidia numbers are calculated at stock base clocks and are misleading.
you are right. i was actually using the boost clocks listed on the wiki page to get the tflops numbers but i do remember monitoring the clockspeeds during my firestrike tests and it was pretty much always at 1.95 ghz for my rtx 2080. thats over 11.5 tflops for just the base rtx 2080 alone. not sure why they use the base 1.5 ghz clockspeed to calculate their own tflops. bizarre.

Dec 31, 2017
MS will have a stronger CPU (sram + more clock), more secret sauces (VRS), and cloud related silicon. Those don't come free.

Balance doesn't come cheap.
Except there is nothing to really corroborate that information. It will have a stronger cpu than previous gen thanks to Ryzen and it's 8 cores just like PS5, don't think there is so much more they can do to that they can spend so much more on and get a much weaker GPU. Also, that cloud silicone thing still needs to be proven imo, nothing really pointing to that. Xbox One S systems being used right now in the cloud don't require it and there is nothing pointing to Scarlett having extra silicone for XCloud. I think it'll be very close power wise to PS5, if not the same. And again, if CPU is stronger it'll most likely be a small increase over the PS5, just like it was between Xbox One and PS4. They said it is the foundation for Scarlett and XCloud, but XCloud hardware isn't that much specialized, just packaged in a way to be server mounted it seems.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Strange, then. To clarify, did Brad Sams report in Spring that it was cancelled last year? Or do mods and him disagree on the timing of the cancellation?
I don't think brad sams was told when it was cancelled. But tbh I tend believe zhuge and Matt more. They have both been extremely reliable sources of info for years.

OP
OP
Mecha Meister

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
That is fine.

What you think about adding that PS5 dev kit too? 👀

I've already added a link to this patent thread in the OP: V has come to (PS5 dev kit design?)

But since you asked, I decided to add the images of it too! I also wrote about the device being seen in someone's office!

Edit:

Whoops I thought I threadmarked Kleegamefan's posts, turns out I just quoted them lol. I'll make a new post with some of his posts quoted.

Edit 2: New post is here: Kleegamefan - Next Generation Console Information

Last edited:

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Brad was also the first to break the whole Lockhart being canned news. /shrug.

From what I remember, Businessinsider ran an interview with Phil Spencer in which they asked him about no longer mentioning plural consoles. His reply was something along the lines of "we just shipped a console(XOne SAD I'm guessing) and we have scarlett coming, that's plural". 2-3 days later, Sams ran his own article using BI as source and basically saying "I knew that".

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I don't get why Scarlett is being reduced to a lower tflops count now, I mean Microsoft were (supposedly) expecting Sony to deliver a 8Tflps machine and they were supposed to counter it with a much, much more powerful machine.

But now we are back to 7-9tflops because reasons. What gives?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why Scarlett is being reduced to a lower tflops count now, I mean Microsoft were (supposedly) expecting Sony to deliver a 8Tflps machine and they were supposed to counter it with a much, much more powerful machine.

its a meme

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If the final PS5 deisgn ends up looking like this one, I don't know how much dust the console can sustain tbh.
Btw, do you remember the suppsoed devkit that was leaked before with the supposed DS5? It looks very different than this one.XD

147636-games-news-are-leaked-ps5-devkit-and-dualshock-5-controller-real-or-fake-image1-vamwrspwbx.jpg

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

It's a joke. Both consoles according to Klee are very close. Anyone expecting greater than 10 percent difference is doing it wrong

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
The way I read what Greenberg is saying, particularly because he specifically mentioned the Xbox One X, is that even if we got a 12TF box, that GPU is only 2x (ish) the performance of an X. Which would be drastically lower than the previous console generations. CPU is going to see a much healthier leap in comparison.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I've always believed Xbox Two, Project Scarlett high-end Anaconda, whatever name you call it, would be at least 12-14 TFlops, even back before rumors of Scarlett, and before Project Scorpio was announced, as far back as mid 2015 nextgen XB in 2019-2020 and PS5 around the same time, I felt 12 TF was the minimum. Because back then in 2015, everyone believed PS5 could be at least 15 TF.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Whatever box MS is going to make is 100% going to be driven by ninja. Dude just met and gave his book to Phil Spencer

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018

No clue honestly. But to play devil's advocate, but if ms believed that Sony were going to release in 2019 at 8tf (weve been told they were planning 2019 and got delayed) then yeah if ms designed a machine targeting 9+ a f course they'd be confident. But then things got delayed, and delayed enough apparently that Sony could properly design for 2020. That being said, klee said both are double digit and super similar on tf so I don't really believe it will be 9. But ms believing an early release date for ps5 plus cancelling the two SKUs late enough that devs were even planning to make games on Lockhart spec and now needing to redesign for one....there is a sound logic and why a "downgrade" could happen behind th scenes.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I've always believed Xbox Two, Project Scarlett high-end Anaconda, whatever name you call it, would be at least 12-14 TFlops, even back before rumors of Scarlett, and before Project Scorpio was announced, as far back as mid 2015 nextgen XB in 2019-2020 and PS5 around the same time, I felt 12 TF was the minimum. Because back then in 2015, everyone believed PS5 could be at least 15 TF.
Because you thought about gcn flops and vega 64 is 12.6tf

Kleegamefan - Next Generation Console Information
OP
OP
Mecha Meister

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Kleegamefan is a member who has industry roots, and has been verified by ZhugeEX. However, they were unable to verify the information they revealed in this thread. I've decided to make this post to house the information regarding the next generation consoles that they appear to have come across.

It would be wise to exercise caution regarding the information they have revealed in this thread, however Kleegamefan appears to be a person who strongly values their credibility.

Perhaps try to take them with an open mind and please refrain from being hostile towards them. It's okay to question the validity of the information but keep in mind that they can't really prove any of this stuff as it could get themselves and their sources in trouble, which we don't want to do at all.

Kleegamefan has said some fascinating things that I think people will be interested in reading about, so I have quoted some of their posts below:

The way it was explained to me, and keep in mind this is third hand information, PlayStation 4 BC was always planned but the software engineering needed to get this right took a lot longer than expected.
My personal INTERPRETATION is that SIE planned for their customers to easily migrate from base PS4 platform to future PS platforms (including PRO).

This is during the planning stage before PlayStation 4 launch.

After PS4 launch came the actual development and implementation stage (for BC)and this stage took longer than expected, hence the now late 2020 launch.

So the magic question I have is: once Sony committed to delay the product, did they exploit this extra time to perform any meaningful architectural design changes?

The answer to that question is what I really want to know :(
Wanted to answer some general questions about what I saw.

Game was not shown behind closed doors at e3

Really early

Running on PS5

I didn't see Scarlett so I can't directly compare

Framerate wasn't always smooth....seemed to be in the 20-30fps range

Open world and the scope was unbelievable. Never seen anything like it...far beyond Witcher/BOTW/HZD

Even so, close up details were beyond anything I have seen before

Ray Traced reflections....looks really impressive

Dynamic destructable environments...this game is just WTF

When I asked him about the SSD, he got visably nervous. Didn't want to talk about it at all.

As good as it looks, I get the feeling this isn't a launch game, really early.

That's all I can think of for now.. I should be able to get more information when I go back in October. I will see if I can share anything else at that time.
World detail of The Order 1886+miles long draw distance+fully dynamic world destruction + Ray Traced reflections.

It didn't look very polished like those nVidia/Unreal/Unity demos but at the same time beyond and I could imagine running on an Xbox One X or Pro

So yeah, not like a current game, but not like a GDC demo either. You would have to see it yourself to understand because I can't quite articulate it properly because I can't compare it to anything else.
Just a quick note to say that we were able to verify the poster above as someone who worked in the industry and would be able to access certain levels of information.

That being said, it's near impossible to verify whether the above description is true or not, so please keep in mind that we can't verify whether all the information in each post is correct, just the details i posted above.
Thank you so very much ZhugeEX. I really appreciate it.

To all.

There is no way I can prove to you whether or not I am full of shit or not. All of this information is from memory.

If you don't believe at all, or prefer to take any "insider talk" as take it or leave it rumor, I fully understand and respect that...how could I not?

That said, my personal integrity is a BIG DEAL to me and there are specific reasons for this....

There was a LOT of drama during the early Gamefan days and, without going into too many details, there were a lot of lies spread about me which followed me throughout my career and ultimately led to me removing myself from the gaming industry, which still pains me to this day, decades later.

And because of that, I can neither lie to myself or others. Credibility is so very important because it can be taken away from you in a blink of an eye...

That said there are 3 things vital to me:

My love of my fellow man/women
My love of games
My integrity

In the end, have no fear of "running me off" because no matter what you say or do to me I will still love you all.

I have been a gamer since 1977

You are my people.
So here is the deal.

I specifically asked about general Teraflop performance about Scarlett and PS5.

He said " from what I know, both final console should have double digits TF."

.....keep in mind, this conversation was in late June, after AMD already outlined 5700 and 5700xt were shipping July 7th.....

So then I specifically said."well that would mean greater performance than the new AMD Navi GPUs right?"

....he nodded his head yes!

Now don't shoot me.....I'm just the relay guy... I am not sure how they can ship that much power in a console form factor/price...

Don't @me
Oh forgot to add...all these crazy graphics were on Unreal Engine
That I don't know.....perhaps it was there own plug-in solution...idk...
A long time friend of mine, who is a developer showed me an early next gen game.
I'm just saying compared to GCN, the RDNA architecture is much more efficient per clock but the downside is it yields lower TF numbers.

People will inevitably look at the final numbers and say "well it's not THAT much better than an Xbox One X" and I'm saying that is the wrong way to look at the TF numbers.
IIRC, launch games for both systems are targeted for Holiday 2020

PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will launch together again.....possibly in the same month like last time.
No, actually I didn't. He played me a video of the demo off a USB drive.
No it was real time. It was an internal studio milestone video.
Look guys I don't know what else to say. I saw some cool stuff that I thought I would share. Yes there's some additional sensitive stuff that I can't share as well. There is no way I can yet prove anything yet without getting my source in trouble. You may view that as convenient,. You may not. No need for any hostility. I don't think I deserve that but whatever.

If I disrupted the conversation in any way,I am very sorry..

I am not a liar though....

Update:

The performance difference between the PS5 and Scarlett Part 1

In terms of performance, they are essentially the same
No, they are not that far apart.
Yeah.

Edit: Don't underestimate Microsoft Next-gen. In my opinion, they will have a very compelling gaming solution with Cloud Gaming and Scarlett along with their new studio acquisitions.

Gotta go to work, I will talk later.

PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility

From what I understand, this is actually a big big deal to them and took years to get right.
Yeah. PlayStation 5 was originally planned to come out next month. The software engineering needed to get BC 101% right was not progressing as fast as they needed.

It is my belief that this is one of (but not the only) reasons Sony delayed PlayStation 5 to holiday 2020.

They made this change in 2017.

Impressions of a Next Generation Game targeting PC and Next Generation Consoles
The demo I saw had the very best real time graphics I've ever seen. And what I mean by that is it looked like a real game you can play.

Not some super polished UE4 or Unity technical demo that you would see at gdc.

To me, there was no mistaking this for a current generation on PC or console.

To be clear, in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics, RDR2 or TLOU2 aren't even in the same time zone as this.

and yeah, it kinda was like a Shadowfall moment to me in that it seemed totally different from what I've been used to in the previous generation.

Now granted, Framerate was maybe 25 to 30-ish and it was early, early,early. But I actually said out loud WTF when I first saw it.

Hugely impressive.
One thing I found really interesting was the quality of the shadows. I especially noticed there were some approx 2-3ft high bushes. When they were swaying in the wind they were casting moving shadows with fucking PERFECT detail. No shimmering or stairstepping at all.

And I am talking about a bush with maybe 75-100 branches and 100s of leaves on it!
Casting. Perfect.Fucking. Shadows.

Keep in mind this was just a random, whateverthefuck bush!

Also

The overall picture quality was astoundingly solid....like it used some super duper AA.

The game is full 2160p, but again, has no shimmering whatsoever. Just a really solid resolve to the graphics.

I'm sorry I can't articulate all this better but it's really hard to explain for some reason.

Games Vs Specs
In the end, I really think that you guys will be way more impressed by the games than the specs.

I was.

The Next Generation game that Klee saw was the biggest open world they had ever seen in terms of scope.

Image Quality

No. It's not quite like CGI, but it way better than current stuff. I so hope that it shows up in a reveal so you can see it.

I've only seen a multiplatform game running on PS5 development hardware. That said, it should look exactly the same on Xbox Scarlett

Yeah. It's in the ballpark of that AC Unity flyover for sure.
The game was running on a Development kit

It was running on Navi-based hardware. So a current for the time PS5 development kit.(June 2019).

The performance difference between the PS5 and Scarlett Part 2
Honestly, and this is the last thing I will say about it, but I think some people are going to be disappointed at how similar PS5 and Scarlett hardware are.

It's my belief ( As in I don't really know) that the biggest division will be Exclusive games, UI and services .
. There are at least two more major revisions coming but I don't know the exact details of what that entails

How this Next Gen game compares to Control on PC with RTX (Ray tracing)

Control doesn't come close

Not much talk of SSD benefits
SSD was transparent enough I didn't notice it.

I will say there was such a huge, huge diverse amount of unique assets that I am guessing it was that way because of the SSD?

I cannot be sure because he absolutely, positively didn't want to talk about the SSD in any way whatsoever.

The performance difference between the PS5 and Scarlett Part 3 - Currently, the PS5 is allegedly slightly more powerful than Xbox Scarlet

PlayStation 5 is supposedly slightly more powerful than the Xbox Scarlett.

Slightly.

This is what I was told.

I did not expect this.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

To be fair, Matt predicted Scarlett is more powerful and he is probably more connected than I am, so....

That said, I was told that yes, PS5 is more powerful.

No I can't really elaborate or go into more detail but.....yeah, my friend, who has been making games since the Dreamcast Era, and who is developing software for both Next-gen consoles said PS5 has the edge.

I am about to go to the airport soon. I will talk to you guys later.

New Dev Kits

Well, I had lunch with my friend yesterday.

At any rate, he didn't have much to say, sadly.

He is still slaving away at the game

Just got updated Scarlett dev kits recently and says new PS5 kits are due soon.

He doesn't have the updated Dual Shock 5 yet.

Game is tentatively scheduled to come out on Stadia too! (Personally exited about this)

That makes four platforms so far (PC/Scarlett/PS5/Stadia)

No current generation version planned

He stressed that all the platforms have been easy to develop for, implying they have all the dev kits?

Game still only has a working title and isn't due until 2021

He read my posts on Era which shocked the shit out of me!

I asked him his opinion on how much these next generation consoles will cost and he said he didn't know but he thinks they wont be cheap.

He has not seen a final design of Scarlett or PS5 yet. He expect no one will until next year. I asked him about OX19 and he said "probably not" which makes me sad.

Lastly I asked him which platform is most exciting to him and he said Stadia by a landslide.

That's about all I can think of. Sorry I couldn't get more information....

I tried.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
no, 9.2tf navi is 1.58x vega64 and 1.45 over vega56 (big vega have very shitty perf/tf because of big number of cu and arch. problem and bandwidth limitation). I will post again my calculation taking into account techpowerup 4k avarage performance and that rx5700xt is on avarage 9.3tf card:
9.2tf navi (36 or 40cu would be quite simillar) is eqiuvalent to:
14.6tf vega64
13.4tf vega56
11.87tf radeon vii
11.52tf rx 580
anexanhume is right and you are wrong.
I mean, how many times I have to post this following chart that is the average result of normalized tests?
pT18Osk.png

Source: computerbase.de

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
anexanhume is right and you are wrong.
I mean, how many times I have to post this following chart that is the average result of normalized tests?
pT18Osk.png

Source: computerbase.de
nope, I checked real performance from techpowerup avarage performance in 4k, anexanhume from amd marketing slides, you from wrongly tested computerbase benchmarks (the didn't clock memory and some cards were bandwidth limited)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
homer-doh.png

Sigh, I am so gullible

You know having a console outshining the other would not be beneficial for any gamer next-gen even on PC. It's not just few pixels or FPS that we gonna lose, but much more: devs gonna gimp their whole vision of the game to accomodate to the lowest common denominator machine thus resulting in a less briliant game. Think of a dev wanting RT by all means as part of gameplay but instead of having open world in the game, they gonna settle for linear experince because one machine is not capable of having both so every other machine will suffer from that.
I am really relieved that the Lockheart sku was completely scrappaed. It would have made the whole next-gen a nightmare

Last edited:

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
nope, I checked real performance from techpowerup avarage performance in 4k, anexanhume from amd marketing slides, you from wrongly tested computerbase benchmarks (the didn't clock memory as it's not possible)
LOL - None of the tests of TechPowerUp are normalized. You know that we talk about IPC, right? But hey, believe what you want.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
LOL - None of the tests of TechPowerUp are normalized. You know that we talk about IPC, right? But hey, believe what you want.

Btw AFAIK AMD did not provide any official number about IPC gains of RDNA vs Polaris so I believe anexanhume also references the chart I posted but used AMD's official number for RDNA vs VEGA. But he surely can tell you himself what the references were.
I checked perf per teraflop, 4k is good way to measure as cpu is not limitting and my result are quite accurate, computerbase benchmark without taking into account memory bandwidth is a joke but you can belive what you want. One thing to take into account: I interpolate results as cards would behave if only we oc it and bandwidth is not limiting.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
You know having a console outshining the otehr would not be beneficial for any gamer next-gen even on PC. It's not just few pixels or FPS that we gonna lose, but much more: devs gonna gimp their whole vision of the game to accomodate to the lowest common denominator machine thus resulting in a less briliant game. Think of a dev wanting RT by all means as part of gameplay but instead of having open world in the game, they gonna settle for linear experince because one machine is not capable of having both so every other machine will suffer from that.
I am really relieved that the Lockheart sku was completely scrappaed. It would have made the whole next-gen a nightmare

I completely agree with you about Lockhart and this coming gen.

No 4-6 TF lowest common denominator to worry about.

Both nextgen consoles are almost certainly going to have 10+ TF GPUs, 3+ GHz 8C, 16T Zen 2 CPUs (with less L3 Cache).
Super fast SSDs, changing how everything works as far as loading and running., and incredible potential for games designed in new ways using FAR faster streaming.
Not to even mention raytracing.

Status
Not open for further replies.