Next-gen PS5 and next Xbox speculation launch thread |OT6| - Mostly Fan Noise and Hot Air

Son Goku

Oct 31, 2017
That was a really stupid move. I expected it coming to ps4 within the year, boy was I wrong.

Part of reason why Sony was okay with it was because of Evolutions DriveClub and yeah we all know how that went.
If studios were decently into developing games for PS3 it was probably pretty hard to switch to ps4. They should have saved sly and puppeteer for PS4 but they sent them out to die when they could have hyped up a new system with a couple smaller titles and probably gotten those titles a lot more limelight like resogun got

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
And they whould have lose bilions of $ in the process, i dont think Microsoft whould aprove that.
Well, yeah, I was assuming it wouldn't have been billions, but I really have no idea how much they would have lost under that scenario. However, it really depends upon how badly MS wants to gain market share. All I can say is this - I think they have a MUCH better chance of eating into Sony's US marketshare with a cheaper and less powerful console than with an equivalently priced but more powerful console.

In other words, normal, non-era console players probably care a lot more about having a cheaper console than a more powerful console.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah, I was assuming it wouldn't have been billions, but I really have no idea how much they would have lost under that scenario. However, it really depends upon how badly MS wants to gain market share. All I can say is this - I think they have a MUCH better chance of eating into Sony's US marketshare with a cheaper and less powerful console than with an equivalently priced but more powerful console.

In other words, normal, non-era console players probably care a lot more about having a cheaper console than a more powerful console.
X1 has been cheaper and it hasn't helped them catch Sony in US. I suppose we would have to see how it goes with the next Xbox not coming out the gate stumbling like X1 though.

I really think the comparison should just stay limited to MS. How much can they improve from X1 to the next Xbox? That is what should be examined. A comparison with Sony won't put them in the best light even if they do well.