• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
vPAvtn2.jpg

Excuse me??
I'm not joking. I still remember the lengthy debates. With one person especially... I think the name was I-Low or something like that. Dude legit thought Sony was going to launch the PS4 that was just a few Gigaflops more powerful and maybe 1-2GB or RAM. I'd have to search through the old place for the speculation threads of Orbis.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could you at least tell us that the target specs are very close to each other's ? I think that would put everyone at ease as there won't be a weak baseline (currently XB1) for nextgen games !

Navi 10 has 40 CUs.
Just a thought, but what if Gonzalo is the rumored 2019 chip they had so far in dev, that they are now using it in dev kits until they can ship the 2020 chip in dev kits? Does that make any sense?

They can, but Navi 10 LITE seems to be based on the Navi we see today in the shape of 5700 and 5700XT with 36 and 40 CUs.
Why can't they go over 40 though? It is semi custom

Edit: more cu is more plausible than clocked over 2, is all I'm saying
XB1X was based on 580 which had 36 CUs. XB1X shipped with 44 CUs, and disabled 4.

PS4 Pro was based on the 480 which had 36 CUs. 470 had 32 CUs as it used the chips with 4 disabled CUs. But the PS4 Pro used a custom chip with 40 CUs and disabled 4 to get 36 full CUs like the 480.

Actually the scope and detail was CRAAAAZY.

I've never seen anything like it.

I don't know how it compares to other Next-gen titles, though....

balls. That sounds great and all but you didnt answer my question. Is it better looking or worse than those demos i linked? ;p

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I'm not gonna say anything specific, but back in June, I asked a buddy of mine who is currently working on a next Gen game what kind of final performance to expect...

PlayStation 5 is not 9.2TF.

Both it and Scarlett are greater than that...

You can choose to believe me or not, I don't care.....I'm not in the gaming industry any more so....

Can you please ask Mods to verify you? Otherwise i think this "insider" talk is really not helpful here.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe

I am not sure. BitsandBytes can you help us with this? He needs to contact ZhugeEX or one of the Mods?

edit: here it is,from ERA rules:

"Rumors and Leaks

Posting rumors and leaks from external sources is allowed, but we ask that members use common sense and perform due diligence when doing so. Sourcing is important. Do not post rumors and leaks from random blogs or social media accounts with no track record. If you believe that a rumor can't possibly be true, then it is best not to post it at all. Make sure that all rumors and leaks are labeled accordingly and not presented as official information.

If you wish to leak information yourself here on ResetEra, you should first contact an Administrator so that it can be vetted by the staff. All evidence you submit will be kept strictly confidential. Please note that you accept sole responsibility for whatever you post, and that knowingly posting incorrect or misleading information will result in a ban."

Last edited:

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Kleegamefan was a long time Neogaf poster who was already verified over there by bishoptl, I believe. I know he already proved that he worked for Gamefan magazine...

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
lmao.

lol what? this is the most fun we have had in weeks. you either believe him or you dont. put him on ignore.

I have no problem being varified.
I am Kelly Rickards, former editor from Die Hard Gamefan magazine(yes, I was there during the "Jap Bastard" incident), former west coast editor of EGM. I was on the GAF forums since 1998 and joined era during the mass exodus here. Got married, got out of the gaming industry in '04 but still maintain lots of contacts in the industry.

I have nothing to hide

I do fully understand that "insider talk" is usually disruptive to the conversation so I will stop talking about next Gen information.

No problem.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm remembering wrong from the other place, Klee was a games journalist and/or has ties to the industry that way.

Edit: nevermind lol

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
We didn't know much about RDNA back in June and it's anyone's guess what AMD/Sony/MS were giving out to developers as performance estimates but it's a safe assumption that whatever dev h/w anyone had back then it was based on Vega and most certainly had more than 9.2 TFlops. Just a thought.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I am Kelly Rickards, former editor from Die Hard Gamefan magazine(yes, I was there during the "Jap Bastard" incident), former west coast editor of EGM. I was on the GAF forums since 1998 and joined era during the mass exodus here. Got married, got out of the gaming industry in '04 but still maintain lots of contacts in the industry.

I have nothing to hide

I do fully understand that "insider talk" is usually disruptive to the conversation so I will stop talking about next Gen information.

No problem.

Thank you,i appreciate it.I just wanted to be sure cause there are bunch of fake "insiders" around,that's all.Your contribution here is certainly very valuable.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017

I have nothing to hide

No problem.
Out of curiosity, what led you to share what you know today? I'm certainly appreciative, just wondering what changed. Thanks for sharing!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not joking. I still remember the lengthy debates. With one person especially... I think the name was I-Low or something like that. Dude legit thought Sony was going to launch the PS4 that was just a few Gigaflops more powerful and maybe 1-2GB or RAM. I'd have to search through the old place for the speculation threads of Orbis.

I remember people saying Sony couldn't afford to make a PS4 for years before the Orbis rumors hit so that doesn't surprise me lol. People think that if they say it enough it'll be true.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
The plot is thickening ! Now we just have to wait Komachi's article.
We didn't know much about RDNA back in June and it's anyone's guess what AMD/Sony/MS were giving out to developers as performance estimates but it's a safe assumption that whatever dev h/w anyone had back then it was based on Vega and most certainly had more than 9.2 TFlops. Just a thought.
He specified RDNA

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I have nothing to hide

No problem.
see this is what i was afraid of. Same thing happened with reiner.

This is a speculation thread. Anyone should be allowed to speculate. Regardless of their industry creds. Literally everyone here is talking out of their ass. We have got chun li predicting an 18 tflops $399 ps5. We have got thuway making shit up and getting articles written on his 'breaking' news. We tolerate them all.

I don't know why this thread reacts to positive news like this. It's like we can't handle the thought of a powerful next gen console without trying to get people banned.

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
I am not sure. BitsandBytes can you help us with this? He needs to contact ZhugeEX "Rumors and Leaks

Posting rumors and leaks from external sources is allowed, but we ask that members use common sense and perform due diligence when doing so. Sourcing is important. Do not post rumors and leaks from random blogs or social media accounts with no track record. If you believe that a rumor can't possibly be true, then it is best not to post it at all. Make sure that all rumors and leaks are labeled accordingly and not presented as official information.

If you wish to leak information yourself here on ResetEra, you should first contact an Administrator so that it can be vetted by the staff. All evidence you submit will be kept strictly confidential. Please note that you accept sole responsibility for whatever you post, and that knowingly posting incorrect or misleading information will result in a ban."

I just noticed this....duly noted...

The mods can come to me. I fully stand by everything I ever stated on era and GAF since the beginning.

Never lied before and I'm sure as shit not gonna start now.

P.S. BTW, no harm, no foul VX1. You are one of my favorite posters in these thread and I appreciate your tweets and the general information you bring here. I said everything I wanted to say anyway, so it's all good.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
I just noticed this....duly noted...

The mods can come to me. I fully stand by everything I ever stated on era and GAF since the beginning.

Never lied before and I'm sure as shit not gonna start now.

I never suggested you were lying,i am sorry if i left such an impression.
I just had no idea who you are,that's all.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually the scope and detail was CRAAAAZY.

I've never seen anything like it.

I don't know how it compares to other Next-gen titles, though....
That is what I'm expecting next gen. The amount of detail and depth will blow this gen out of the water. I think it will be more about all those details coming together to create amazing worlds to play in. This will extend to player interaction with stuff like combat and traversal too.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
More than 9.2TF indicates 40 or more CU's, so a minimum of 10.24TF with 40cu at 2Ghz

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.