• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
It seems thuway has been bothering Komachi on twitter:

(CS=console)

"If there are PC parts leaks, there are a lot of decent people ... For some reason, it is terrible when it comes to CS machines. In the future, I will try to stop leaks for CS machines because they will reduce."

Great...

😂 Thuway please find us another source.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

(CS=console)

"If there are PC parts leaks, there are a lot of decent people ... For some reason, it is terrible when it comes to CS machines. In the future, I will try to stop leaks for CS machines because they will reduce."

Great...

No man it's not like that.

I tweeted him to please take a look at this thread. I also summarized the leaks from kleegamefan over the last week (greater than 9.2tf etc) to him and asked if he can provide any additional insight into our musings.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
thuway
Pro tipp: Don't ask for followers on Twitter to get info by DM from known personalities like KOMACHI. Do it in public, so others can provide additional information that may help to make it a more robust info. That way it is also clear where the info comes from and there will no debate about "insider stuff".

It seems we won't be getting anything about consoles from Komachi anymore...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Those tweets to komachi are pretty embarrassing. If you dont have more technical questions to ask them about, then dont.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I think Komachi, maybe somebody can ask him how he found connection.
I don't think there ever was a connection to Navi "10". It was always just navi "lite" which looking at the Navi 10 chips obviously mean one has disabled chips and the other doesn't.
Whatever you did-he said he will stop posting leaks about consoles in the future and he was our main source for all these leaks.

So,thanks a lot.
Don't do that man... unless you can find more on twitter that would suggest thuway was harassing the dude or "did something" then don't say stuff like this. This is how slander starts lol. Three pages from now no one would even know what happened but they would just say its because of Thuway...

And looking at his post to the dude? There was nothing wrong with it at all.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

(CS=console)

Great...

Not defending thruway's actions bc he tends to take it a step or two or ten too far, but in terms of Komachi, it seems a little loose to claim no interest in consoles while teasing a write up of a leak and also making riddles (past is prologue) and joking assertions (I am a detective..) for the CS crowd.

Hope he is BS'ing about the leaks drying up.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are a few of you so thirsty for leaks and bored out of your mind you can't stop bothering people with info? Here's a hint, find a game to play while we wait for more info. I'm currently going through Kingdom Hearts 3 myself ;)

Seriously, it's not like your mother's life is on the line and you have to bug the doctor about her condition

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Wait, is komachi actually stopping on posting about consoles anymore because of this?
For fucks sake, cant you all just be patient and let these people post when they want to and not bother them all the time... because of stupid shit like this we barely get matt to post here, neither jason, or andrew reiner, and now komachi... seriously calm down.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is komachi actually stopping on posting about consoles anymore because of this?
For fucks sake, cant you all just be patient and let these people post when they want to and not bother them all the time... because of stupid shit like this we barely get matt to post here, neither jason, or andrew reiner, and now komachi... seriously calm down.
Remember on the Discord server I used to joke how you had no life and couldn't stop talking about PS5? I take that all back, some here are way worse :P

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Makes you think how long before we run Klee out of town. And, yeah, some of you need to take Silencerx98's advice, take a break from f5ing this thread, and play some video games instead of badgering people for leaks. Maybe actually get through that backlog you have.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Remember on the Discord server I used to joke how you had no life and couldn't stop talking about PS5? I take that all back, some here are way worse :P
I dont mind waiting for those with knowledge to tell me what they know organically, but all this obsession with TF and console wars has basically closed off any means of actually getting leaks now.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont mind waiting for those with knowledge to tell me what they know organically, but all this obsession with TF and console wars has basically closed off any means of actually getting leaks now.
Same here, not that I wasn't expecting this, of course. Time and again, Era has chased off insiders due to toxic behavior, unhealthy obsession or both. I have too little time to actually care that much about pieces of plastic in the end

Deleted member 56995

User requested account closure
Banned
May 24, 2019
Makes you think how long before we run Klee out of town. And, yeah, some of you need to take Silencerx98's advice, take a break from f5ing this thread, and play some video games instead of badgering people for leaks. Maybe actually get through that backlog you have.

Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it. As for me, finally getting to Red Dead 2.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Same here, not that I wasn't expecting this, of course. Time and again, Era has chased off insiders due to toxic behavior, unhealthy obsession or both. I have too little time to actually care that much about pieces of plastic in the end

I don't understand the obsession with one console better than the other. I am happy for everyone the two consoles will be of equal power.

This is why I try to not ask any direct question to Klee. He will say what he wants so say.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So do you think Kleegamefan and Komachi are lying? Do you think that he saw beefed up dev kit hardware? I'm just curious as to what you think of it
The persons you mentioned give loose information. The conclusions from that loose information I comment about were drawn here but not by them. I for myself prefer to cross check the information to see what doesn't add up and if it makes sense under the given constraints.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Kleegamefan's industry roots verified by ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wanted to answer some general questions about what I saw.

Game was not shown behind closed doors at e3

Really early

Running on PS5

I didn't see Scarlett so I can't directly compare

Framerate wasn't always smooth....seemed to be in the 20-30fps range

Open world and the scope was unbelievable. Never seen anything like it...far beyond Witcher/BOTW/HZD

Even so, close up details were beyond anything I have seen before

Ray Traced reflections....looks really impressive

Dynamic destructable environments...this game is just WTF

When I asked him about the SSD, he got visably nervous. Didn't want to talk about it at all.

As good as it looks, I get the feeling this isn't a launch game, really early.

That's all I can think of for now.. I should be able to get more information when I go back in October. I will see if I can share anything else at that time.

Just a quick note to say that we were able to verify the poster above as someone who worked in the industry and would be able to access certain levels of information.

That being said, it's near impossible to verify whether the above description is true or not, so please keep in mind that we can't verify whether all the information in each post is correct, just the details i posted above.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the obsession with one console better than the other. I am happy for everyone the two consoles will be of equal power.

This is why I try to not ask any direct question to Klee. He will say what he wants so say.
In the end, it doesn't matter to me because 3 years after next gen launches, I'll be getting a good PC to run next gen games at 60FPS and better settings than either console anyways. So I say let the warriors fight it out while we just hope for the best and be patient :)

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
So do you think Kleegamefan and Komachi are lying? Do you think that he saw beefed up dev kit hardware? I'm just curious as to what you think of it

There's something that needs to stop:
Unless someone with informations comes with either concrete informations or knowledge and firmly confirm or unconfirm something, there's no accusation of lying. Colbert claiming "that much is difficult or impossible" doesn't mean someone lied when said person never said "It's going to be that much".

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Just a quick note to say that we were able to verify the poster above as someone who worked in the industry who would be able to access certain levels of information.

That being said, it's near impossible to verify whether the above description is true or not, so please keep in mind that we can't verify whether all the information in each post is correct, just the details i posted above.
thank you!

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick note to say that we were able to verify the poster above as someone who worked in the industry who would be able to access certain levels of information.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 56995

Banned
May 24, 2019

Great to hear!

There's something that needs to stop:
Unless someone with informations comes with either concrete informations or knowledge and firmly confirm or unconfirm something, there's no accusation of lying. Colbert claiming "that much is difficult or impossible" doesn't mean someone lied when said person never said "It's going to be that much".

Fair enough. My bad.

Just great:

"Thank you……. It's really terrible, and I'll try to eliminate leaks about CS machines in the future ..."

Fuck.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Truth is Komachi did not give us much info for months if he had access to stuff .
Matt and Klee gave us more info in those few posts than he did in knows how many tweets .
It's sad that he going stop posting about consoles but it's not a big lost either .

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't fall for komachis bs. I'm no fan of thuway but this is komachi acting like a little baby who can't handle the heat.

He was the one who literally just promised an article on consoles, he was the one who decided to post cryptic tweets about Shakespeare plays. He was the one brought on the attention to himself. And now all off a sudden he doesn't like people asking him questions on Twitter. I call bs.

I wouldn't be surprised if he made up the oberon leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.