• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be shocked if MS didn't do another May reveal, they love to tie everything into a nice E3 bow every year and have a steady flow of info from like April to December every year.

February reveal is definitely a Sony move.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I'd expect we'll see a lot of rumors about Scarlett dev kit specs in the next few weeks. They started going out to more external folks recently, but they're definitely not final kits. Microsoft is also being clever this time to stop leaks, but I'll jump in here if I see anything that lines up to what I've seen and heard.
Is it true that early December will have targeted developer talks with detailed specs and information about on going plans?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well we haven't had much about ps5 specs and seems they're a little ahead with dev kits? so why would Xbox kits make any difference?

wonder how they'll avoid leaks? Custom firmware for each kit so they can trace back leaks? very Slight differences in ram bandwidth or clock speed that can be tracked?

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kleegamefan Are you going to jump in on the Scarlet leaks?

I mean you told us you know more but just can't share it. My question to you: If something gets leaked (not by you) will you be able to say if its something you have heard also?

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Digital Foundry picked up on the fact that there were two system boards shown during the E3 Project Scarlett reveal video, which makes me wonder if some of the Microsoft being clever to control leaks could be tied to how they are handling what gets put into various dev kit iterations.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Digital Foundry picked up on the fact that there were two system boards shown during the E3 Project Scarlett reveal video, which makes me wonder if some of the Microsoft being clever to control leaks could be tied to how they are handling what gets put into various dev kit iterations.
I always felt like the board leak in the vid was a red herring / nod to the Scorpio reveal as they knew people would latch on to it.

*fires up CBoaT signal*

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
The PS5 devkit was clearly labeled Prototype I and not just Prototype (Prototype mostly means this is not a dedicated PS4 or PS5 console so it can not be sold as customer product and it is even highlighted next to that) and if there is something prone to change for the final hardware then its the GPU clock and/ or the RAM amount and this happened for both PS4 (doubled VRAM) and XB1 (increased GPU clock) so this is mostly not the final devkit that was leaked.

Sure and PS4 Pro did a similar thing for its Dev kit and was labeled 'proto 2' but was also final spec. There was test kit proto 1 and proto 2 too.

No comment on PS4 double RAM or XB1 clock increases!

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Kleegamefan Are you going to jump in on the Scarlet leaks?

I mean you told us you know more but just can't share it. My question to you: If something gets leaked (not by you) will you be able to say if its something you have heard also?

I'm not sure his source is using the latest kits or not but don't expect leaks from him or in general. There's a reason it's been quiet on Microsoft's side and i think it's going to remain that way for a while yet.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Everyone did. The other was an One X board. It wasn't MS being sneaky.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Yes, Klee told us the release was scheduled for 2019. He also told us the plans were scrapped in 2017. Are you suggesting silicon hasn't been touched since then?

Irony. This whole new narrative of your started cause of the cross gen/lockhart discussion.

Don't fall for the bait.

What? That makes no sense, it's a completely different conversation.

Feb 10, 2018
I'd expect we'll see a lot of rumors about Scarlett dev kit specs in the next few weeks. They started going out to more external folks recently, but they're definitely not final kits. Microsoft is also being clever this time to stop leaks, but I'll jump in here if I see anything that lines up to what I've seen and heard.

What have you seen and heard?
Thanks.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The funny and strange things that we got mostly PS5 leaks and specs for the majority of the times (whether real or not) but almost no Scarlett specs yet (apart a couple of ones that were totally fake from the start iirc).

Last edited:

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
You forget the mention about playing over lte/5g. Negates you're whole idea of it being niche when the experience is to be virtually the same on any mobile device (Android atm in testing)

Sorry, not sorry, but this is very narrow minded and negative way to think that an initiative to bring console quality gaming to people with only mobile devices across the world is niche and basic level stupid.
what else do you downplay because it isn't your thing?
So wildly inconsistent due to varying signal coverage

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The funny and strange things that we got mostly PS5 leaks and specs for the majority of the times (whether real or not) but almost no Scarlett specs yet (apart a couple of oens that were totally fake from the start iirc).

It's more popular, it was also the first one that had official details.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Yes, your exact experience is reflective of the whole world. Got it. Time to pack it up.
What? It's a fact that signal coverage on mobile networks is extremely variable.

I can take ten steps down my street and go from full signal to barely anything then back to full at the bottom of street. It's just the nature of it due to the way it works.

I wasn't speaking about xcloud specifically just the nature of wireless signals that will lead to a large amount of variance in the quality.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
"We are working closely with sony on a next generation version" should work in that context + early footage of the next gen version
At Blizzcon David Kim said "this is really all we have for now, thats it"
There is no next gen version or really much of the game to show, just the demo. it's probably going to end up next gen exclusive though due to it's release being years away.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
What? It's a fact that signal coverage on mobile networks is extremely variable.

I can take ten steps down my street and go from full signal to barely anything then back to full at the bottom of street. It's just the nature of it due to the way it works.

I wasn't speaking about xcloud specifically just the nature of wireless signals that will lead to a large amount of variance in the quality.
Again ... your argument is solely based on your experience while trying to blanket that to how it works across the world.
Pointing out the obvious: 5G is the promising tech that will eliminate the woes you face. (probably not because the carrier you use doesn't give a fuck about putting up a new cell tower to reach that small spot you used as an example - unless enough people complain they may send out a cell tower tech to research the issue)

5G right around the corner for the US and already up in othwr countries across the globe right? The nature of it isn't a test between a block. The nature of it is To with telecom partners, vendor sites like Samsung and etc to help build this new 5G network that will be able to handle qol issues you described while also adding to your positive experience.
I'm not all about being a glass half empty because my own personal cell service in my specific street in a city isn't the absolute perfect expectation.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The funny and strange things that we got mostly PS5 leaks and specs for the majority of the times (whether real or not) but almost no Scarlett specs yet (apart a couple of ones that were totally fake from the start iirc).
It's a more sought after product . So more fakes for more traffic and attention .
On YouTube ps5 videos(top 3 videos) have more than 26 million hits while Xbox Scarlett top 3 videos are around 7 million hits

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
All this talk about final or non-final dev kits...
It doesn't matter because Reiner's statement was about target specs.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
A side note:
Signal coverage is currently considered so bad that Stadia is not permitting use on cell networks now, or at full launch next year. Wireless/wired play only until they see that 5G is capable, at which time they plan to re-consider that policy.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
At Blizzcon David Kim said "this is really all we have for now, thats it"
There is no next gen version or really much of the game to show, just the demo. it's probably going to end up next gen exclusive though due to it's release being years away.

Might still be cross gen since it don't look to be gfx heavy .
Of course like you said it depends on date cause if come out 2 years from now maybe not .

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
A side note:
Signal coverage is currently considered so bad that Stadia is not permitting use on cell networks now, or at full launch next year. Wireless/wired play only until they see that 5G is capable, at which time they plan to re-consider that policy.
Are they going to test in places with 5G already established? Like S Korea?

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to test in places with 5G already established? Like S Korea?

Google Stadia will be available in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland regions first, with more territories being added in 2020 and beyond.

So thats a "no" for now.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Again ... your argument is solely based on your experience while trying to blanket that to how it works across the world.
Pointing out the obvious: 5G is the promising tech that will eliminate the woes you face. (probably not because the carrier you use doesn't give a fuck about putting up a new cell tower to reach that small spot you used as an example - unless enough people complain they may send out a cell tower tech to research the issue)

5G right around the corner for the US and already up in othwr countries across the globe right? The nature of it isn't a test between a block. The nature of it is To with telecom partners, vendor sites like Samsung and etc to help build this new 5G network that will be able to handle qol issues you described while also adding to your positive experience.
I'm not all about being a glass half empty because my own personal cell service in my specific street in a city isn't the absolute perfect expectation.
It isn't that one area it happens nearly everywhere.

But yes 5g may change things but they made the exact same promise with 3g & 4g so I'm not hopeful.

For the record though I'm incredibly optimistic for streaming. Most of my gaming is done on psnow and remote play outside of the house it works but it isn't perfect.

I'll be trying Stadia too & maybe xcloud if they release any games I'm interested in

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
It isn't that one area it happens nearly everywhere.

But yes 5g may change things but they made the exact same promise with 3g & 4g so I'm not hopeful.
Well it's a better technology with a different spectrum of hz. Lte is a good stepping stone away from cdma .. while gsm, I think is still widely used.. I forget. It's been a while since I read up on it. quick little google gave us a good little article to learn about 5g. (That's not tied to a carriers specific spin) https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-is-5g/

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
You forget the mention about playing over lte/5g. Negates you're whole idea of it being niche when the experience is to be virtually the same on any mobile device (Android atm in testing)

Sorry, not sorry, but this is very narrow minded and negative way to think that an initiative to bring console quality gaming to people with only mobile devices across the world is niche and basic level stupid.
what else do you downplay because it isn't your thing?
Can't wait to play over 5G whenever my small Italian mountain town gets it. Any minute now.

You've gone on to criticize people for only considering their circumstances, but it seems to me you're the one with the heads in the cloud.
Most people have really shitty internet, and those that do already have consoles.

I myself got good internet in my flat due to sheer stubbornness.
I can't believe I could have convinced my parents to switch Internet providers to maaaaybe get Stadia working only a few years back.

You are basing your opinion on an audience that doesn't exist, and wilfully ignoring the actual experiences of people talking to you.

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
GPU = 1080 performance
RAM/IO system = think of RAMdisk on PCs except with no SSD. For example, I have 128G of RAM. I install a game completely on a partitioned 64G RAMdisk. Now imagine all that storage + 16GB internal RAM = one unified memory pool with no such thing as file i/o. You just pass pointers around. Loading will be as fast as just doing a read from memory instead accessing a device. Very quick, extremely fast loading. Most games will be GPU bound like on the PCs these days.

That's pretty much the gist of what everyone should expect.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Can't wait to play over 5G whenever my small Italian mountain town gets it. Any minute now.

You've gone on to criticize people for only considering their circumstances, but it seems to me you're the one with the heads in the cloud.
Most people have really shitty internet, and those that do already have consoles.

I myself got good internet in my flat due to sheer stubbornness.
I can't believe I could have convinced my parents to switch Internet providers to maaaaybe get Stadia working only a few years back.

You are basing your opinion on an audience that doesn't exist, and wilfully ignoring the actual experiences of people talking to you.
So playing on xcloud is niche because the situation you are in your parents house is factual and translate for billions of other people who play games around the world? 👌

this audience already exists... sigh

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
So playing on xcloud is niche because the situation you are in your parents house is factual and translate for billions of other people who play games around the world? 👌

this audience already exists... sigh
An audience that has really good internet, yet doesn't own a console or PC (I.e. the reason most people get good internet) 🤔

I'm saying, the only time in my life a Stadia could have been useful is when I was living with my parents, and had no disposable income.
My internet was too shit then, and convincing them to change it would have been impossible.
For parents, going through the numerous hassles to get Stadia working might outweigh just buying a cheap console for their kid.

One of my friends still does, and he's a former console player who can't justify paying for a console since he games little.
His Internet is also too shit. Oops!

It seems very fanciful to think that:
A) Everyone has access to good internet
B) Everyone can afford good internet
C) Everyone is on the cusp of getting 5G
D) Data caps aren't real for anyone

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
An audience that has really good internet, yet doesn't own a console or PC (I.e. the reason most people get good internet) 🤔

I'm saying, the only time in my life a Stadia could have been useful is when I was living with my parents, and had no disposable income.
My internet was too shit then, and convincing them to change it would have been impossible.
For parents, going through the numerous hassles to get Stadia working might outweigh just buying a cheap console for their kid.

One of my friends still does, and he's a former console player who can't justify paying for a console since he games little.
His Internet is also too shit. Oops!

It seems very fanciful to think that:
A) Everyone has access to good internet
B) Everyone can afford good internet
C) Everyone is on the cusp of getting 5G
D) Data caps aren't real for anyone
Did I say everyone? I said people across the world are in different situations and that number is in the billions. How they get that number? Data from
Those very devices.... you think I am just making it up for the sake of an argument? The fuck!? Lmao and I don't need to pull in a friends experience to justify my lean as what I'm talking about is already in databases and is continued to be worked on by multiple companies.
mans mobile devices are different than your scenario of "buying internet " or sifting through the best data cap plan. ...... bro lmao this shit is wild

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Hell, most people who don't buy consoles aren't even going to be interested in playing console games... because, you know, they would have bought a console.

This whole "streaming is the new hotness" narrative is predicated on the assumption of an untapped market of aspirational gamers whose very existence is merely speculative at best.

You can't just imagine a demographic and then will that new market segment into existence.

This. Well said.

Agreed.

If you don't want to read negative posts about a thing you like (regardless of how justified and pragmatic they are) there are many other threads on Era that exist as echo chambers for single platforms.
Hell, most people who don't buy consoles aren't even going to be interested in playing console games... because, you know, they would have bought a console.

This whole "streaming is the new hotness" narrative is predicated on the assumption of an untapped market of aspirational gamers whose very existence is merely speculative at best.

You can't just imagine a demographic and then will that new market segment into existence.

This. Well said.

Agreed.

If you don't want to read negative posts about a thing you like (regardless of how justified and pragmatic they are) there are many other threads on Era that exist as echo chambers for single platforms.
Wait so I can't criticize the negative spin game? I have to go elsewhere? Come on now...

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Is 5G a must when it comes to cloud gaming on a phone or 4G LTE is enough? Have an iPhone 11, which doesn't support 5G.

Mseditor

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
If the PS5 is going to be revealed on the 25th february 8pm CET, it is exact 100 days till the event.
Reveal event date have many rummors some says 3 December ( let dreams come true) , some says 19 January ( 90% fake) and some says 12 February ( 50% accurate), I think at this moment with few legit information about games, and hardware specs (ps5 won't fully revealed until e3 2020 or some sort of event around that time) at this time of year in 2012 i remembered that we had more solid info in ps4 hw, sw than we have now in ps5.

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
Did I say everyone? I said people across the world are in different situations and that number is in the billions. How they get that number? Data from
Those very devices.... you think I am just making it up for the sake of an argument? The fuck!? Lmao and I don't need to pull in a friends experience to justify my lean as what I'm talking about is already in databases and is continued to be worked on by multiple companies.
mans mobile devices are different than your scenario of "buying internet " or sifting through the best data cap plan. ...... bro lmao this shit is wild
You know what's wild?
Pretending you have secret data sources, but not revealing any.

Here's average speeds worldwide.

To note, not all places have fibre, so high speeds are not a guarantee for smooth play (I found this out on my previous network)

Crazy_KiD_169

Jun 21, 2018
streaming services have a chance to become big in the 2020s if Starlink actually works as intended.
people with bad connection now will have access to high speed internet.
www.starlink.com

Starlink

High-speed internet. Available almost anywhere on Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.